IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

People may think differently but I actually want him to do well.

Will show the sags that he did wonders with their pathetic squad and the way they hounded him out was embarrassing. 

Will also show they won't have a manager like him for decades. Will give them a bit of reality, that they are nowhere near the clubs around them. Even shit clubs like Fleetwood and Gillingham. 

They may wish him well, but me personally I'd think it'd be hysterical if Dopey does wonders at Walsall and progresses in his career whilst the Gazheds hire Hollowhead who flops after Cockhead leaves them for a League 2 club. 

Not sure hounding him out is appropriate here. Wouldn’t that have encouraged him to stay

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, TomF said:

Looking for Wael:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/business/sunday-times-rich-list-bristol-2851080

Keep scrolling and scrolling...

and scrolling...

and scrolling....

and scrolling...

He's not there!

Must be some sort of mistake?

They can't even find Wally himself let alone his name on a Sunday Times Rich List.

GasLogic says it's a misprint anyway.

Edited by BCFC11

5 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

People may think differently but I actually want him to do well.

Will show the sags that he did wonders with their pathetic squad and the way they hounded him out was embarrassing. 

Will also show they won't have a manager like him for decades. Will give them a bit of reality, that they are nowhere near the clubs around them. Even shit clubs like Fleetwood and Gillingham. 

They may wish him well, but me personally I'd think it'd be hysterical if Dopey does wonders at Walsall and progresses in his career whilst the Gazheds hire Hollowhead who flops after Cockhead leaves them for a League 2 club. 

Agree with most of that. DC is not a bad manager at all .... they won’t get one like him for a long long time. Disagree with your ‘shit clubs’ bit though - Fleetwood Town is far from a shit club - recently won 6 promotions in 10 seasons and punching well above their weight being just down the road from both Blackpool FC and PNE ...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Agree with most of that. DC is not a bad manager at all .... they won’t get one like him for a long long time. Disagree with your ‘shit clubs’ bit though - Fleetwood Town is far from a shit club - recently won 6 promotions in 10 seasons and punching well above their weight being just down the road from both Blackpool FC and PNE ...

And  Morcombe and AFC Fylde ! :laugh:

He’ll have the pick of any Championship club he wants they said................ :facepalm:

He’ll leave us for a much bigger and better club, with actual £ notes to spend...........

Well atleast they got 1 of them right.

Dopey isn’t all he’s made out to be, even some on here bizarrely think he’s a decent manager! Yes he has 2 successive promotions on his CV but take a look at what crap tinpot leagues those were. He cracks massively under pressure and acts like a spoilt child who’s about to cry when things don’t go his way, plus the blokes a complete and utter moron. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He’ll have the pick of any Championship club he wants they said................ :facepalm:

He’ll leave us for a much bigger and better club, with actual £ notes to spend...........

Dopey isn’t all he’s made out to be, even some on here bizarrely think he’s a decent manager! Yes he has 2 successive promotions on his CV but take a look at what crap tinpot leagues those were. He cracks massively under pressure and acts like a spoilt child who’s about to cry when things don’t go his way, plus the blokes a complete and utter moron. 

This

Overrated manchild.

”listen right, at the end of the day right, me fans right, me fans...listen yeah, me fans yeah, it’s my fault you know, I pick the team yeah, listen right....”

Berk. 

I was gutted they got rid of him, not only was he taking them down but he was probably pissing the owners off big time as well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I've never really thought in all honesty the leagues thing was a good argument for any manager

You'd be spot on if it was an underperforming club with a great squad, me personally I'd be embarrassed if we were in League 2 and got anything other than an unbeaten 1st finish. But compare resources too. They're playing in a lower quality league yes, but they've also got a lower quality squad and a transfer budget which is less than half of what we spend on players like Eisa.

A lot of good managers like Chris Wilder, Eddie Howe, Nathan Jones (done awful at Stoke so far but think it'll work out for him), Sam Allardyce etc. What is dopey? 40? I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a lower-end Championship manager someday, just like I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson was mid-table Championship, whether with us or not. Chris Wilder especially, didn't do well at Halifax or Oxford. 

It'll be interesting to see how he does, me personally I hope he does well just to **** off the sags and remind them of their success under him and they dive into mediocrity. Never really hated dopey and actually kinda feel for him, is he the manager sags make him out to be? No. Probably just got fed up of Rovers as a club and its fans. Hollowhead on the other hand was a c***

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This

Overrated manchild.

”listen right, at the end of the day right, me fans right, me fans...listen yeah, me fans yeah, it’s my fault you know, I pick the team yeah, listen right....”

Berk. 

I was gutted they got rid of him, not only was he taking them down but he was probably pissing the owners off big time as well.

surprised he got away with it as long as he did..

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This

Overrated manchild.

Berk. 

Then goes on to blame one or two players and how they aren’t good enough in the same post match interview!

Ermmm so you taking the blame or not ya Labradoodle toucher?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

You'd be spot on if it was an underperforming club with a great squad, me personally I'd be embarrassed if we were in League 2 and got anything other than an unbeaten 1st finish. But compare resources too. They're playing in a lower quality league yes, but they've also got a lower quality squad and a transfer budget which is less than half of what we spend on players like Eisa.

Yes your quite right but this is a bloke who signed Tom Nichols, who has a worse goal scoring record than my 78 y/o Nan for £350k!!! 

Then he goes and pays £150k on Payne who’s done nothing but fair play to him though he had the Fewers supporters sussed within a matter of games and showed exactly what he thought of them by giving them the W⚓️  sign after a game, if that wasn’t enough he done similar after another defeat but this time gave them the V’s. Even the Fewers will tell you that when he’s given money he’s not exactly any good with it.

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yes your quite right but this is a bloke who signed Tom Nichols, who has a worse goal scoring record than my 78 y/o Nan for £350k!!! 

Then he goes and pays £150k on Payne who’s done nothing but fair play to him though he had the Fewers supporters sussed within a matter of games and showed exactly what he thought of them by giving them the W⚓️  sign after a game, if that wasn’t enough he done similar after another defeat but this time gave them the V’s. Even the Fewers will tell you that when he’s given money he’s not exactly any good with it.

But this is my point, you're completely spot on those were horrendous signings. But £500k combined is nothing. It's half of what they got for Ellis Harrison who scored 1 goal in 16 for Ipswich this season. They had Bodin and good old Taylor and somehow managed to scam themselves to only receiving 700k for both. Plus looking at their record this season they're very good defensively compared to clubs around them. So I guess you could argue he made some good signings there. It just indicates to me he was let down as they'd be much better had they kept Harrison, Bodin and Taylor and have the defence they have now. Wasn't Taylor top goalscorer when he left? I can't see how you'd be able to replace that given their budget, although Payne and Nichols have been exceptionally poor to be honest. 

9 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see them sign the tramp and Chris Lines

Sinclair to Walsall is odds-on - just visit the TrampAdvisor website and you'll note the elevated motorways adjacent Bescott provide ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ shelter....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

But this is my point, you're completely spot on those were horrendous signings. But £500k combined is nothing. It's half of what they got for Ellis Harrison who scored 1 goal in 16 for Ipswich this season. They had Bodin and good old Taylor and somehow managed to scam themselves to only receiving 700k for both. Plus looking at their record this season they're very good defensively compared to clubs around them. So I guess you could argue he made some good signings there. It just indicates to me he was let down as they'd be much better had they kept Harrison, Bodin and Taylor and have the defence they have now. Wasn't Taylor top goalscorer when he left? I can't see how you'd be able to replace that given their budget, although Payne and Nichols have been exceptionally poor to be honest. 

Well I’m fairly certain it was him who came out during last summer to say they’ve got a top 6 budget? Could be wrong but someone did. £500k is nothing?? We are talking about the Sags here who’s record transfer fee a whopping £375k!! Has stood for 27 years!! That lot wouldn’t know what to do with £500k, although dopey did, he wasted it.

8 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Nichols league goals per game ratio is as follows:

(loans not included) 

Exeter 34 in 97 = 0.35 goals per game

Peterborough 11 in 50 = 0.22 goals per game

Sags 2 in 75 = 0.027 goals per game 

Evolution not revolution, these things take time etc etc etc. 

He`ll come good, He just needs another season or two to find his form,

• Haha 1