IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 09/05/2019 at 07:39, SirColinOfMansfield said:

What sort of alternative universe would somebody have to inhabit to even dream this up?

BuRrzFEIgAEtT0D.jpg

One’s Messi, the other is Messy........

13 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wally is back ...

... and he is still absolutely determined ...

... to be a total embarrassment to the Sags (and the "famous quarters")!

WillSmith.thumb.jpg.4b8f614ea57e322a94d188c2ebecf344.jpg

Fvck me he is alive then!!! Couple of things on this, apparently this pic was taken at a Film Premiere for Will Smith? What desperate turd takes a Football Shirt there especially that monstrosity in the hope of getting a photo with someone famous? :facepalm:

Also this taken from Sagchat......

Out of interest what do you feel is the alternative to Wael, the last owners nearly pushed us to Admin and there's no signs of any potential owners offering to build us a stadium, the 82er's just got lucky that Pantsdown had so much money he decided to waste a load of it on a team he never supported as a youngster. 

No it’s not luck at all you dimwit, and atleast SL actually puts his money where his mouth is and doesn’t bullshit his way through anything he’s faced with, unlike your Camel Toucher, who doesn’t spend anything from his own pocket and funnily enough never supported your shower as a youngster either, all his interested in is looking for famous people so he can put it on his Instagram ???

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wally is back ...

Wally has a matching jester jersey with "CAN'T"

Most think its because he hasn't got any money but it's actually a cockney term of endearment according to his Chelsea supporting mates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/05/2019 at 05:17, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wally is back ...

I wouldn’t know where to begin with this. Talk about vanity projects. Regardless of any football loyalty, it’s just excruciating. Does the bloke have no shame? It’s hero worship on a scale normally reserved for overexcited teenage girls at a One Direction show. What a funny little man he is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Judah_Eskendar_Tafar said:

I wouldn’t know where to begin with this. Talk about vanity projects. Regardless of any football loyalty, it’s just excruciating. Does the bloke have no shame? It’s hero worship on a scale normally reserved for overexcited teenage girls at a One Direction show. What a funny little man he is!

Surprised he didn't give him a Chelsea shirt.

1 hour ago, Judah_Eskendar_Tafar said:

His tenure at the club is beginning to remind me of the celebrity era at Exeter.  He's using his family's ownership of the football club to mix with celebrities.

David Blaine, Michael Jackson and Uri Geller wonder what the hell they're doing at a rainy St James' Park.

Exeter_Football_Club_(14-06-2002).jpg

A very nice man and Will Smith.

WillSmith.jpg

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

His tenure at the club is beginning to remind me of the celebrity era at Exeter.  He's using his family's ownership of the football club to mix with celebrities.

David Blaine, Michael Jackson and Uri Geller wonder what the hell they're doing at a rainy St James' Park.

Exeter_Football_Club_(14-06-2002).jpg

A very nice man and Will Smith.

WillSmith.jpg

Wasn’t  there a pic of Wael, in a similar pose, though sans jester shirt, with Aston Villa assistant coach John Terry?

I can imagine that Wael’s house is adorned with photos of him with various celebs he’s wheedled his way to meet.

Egotist

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wasn’t  there a pic of Wael, in a similar pose, though sans jester shirt, with Aston Villa assistant coach John Terry?

I can imagine that Wael’s house is adorned with photos of him with various celebs he’s wheedled his way to meet.

Egotist

What an absolute shower they are, from the assorted misfits and crocks that constitute the playing staff, the eye-sore and health-hazard that is their ground, their bizarre fan base that seems like nothing so much as a Victorian travelling freak show, right through to the uber embarrassing attention seeking chairman, the entire club is beyond parody.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Egotist

I remember it but I can't find it.

Found this though

Nick_Higgs_Bristol_Rovers_chairman_stand

Bristol Rovers will not move to their new stadium until the 2016/17 season. Nick Higgs, chairman of the club, told the Bristol Post newspaper that delays caused by a judicial review and an application to list the stadium as a war memorial had forced the club to put back the project by a year.

Mr Higgs said: “As far as we are concerned we have clearance at the moment and there are no more challenges. No one is standing in our way anymore in terms of the stadium.”

He added: “We have missed the start of the 2015/16 season now for the stadium to be ready. The appeals have stopped work on the scheme until they were resolved.

“In all, the delays have taken us back to where we were last autumn before the judicial review was launched.

“It has cost us a year and about £1.5 million so far. We hope to get the building work started some time this year.”

Rovers’ move to their new ground in Stoke Gifford has been dogged with controversies.

Campaigners protested against a Sainsbury’s due to be built on the site of the current ground. After planning permission was finally granted, a judicial review created more delays.

The relegated club see its sale as essential if they are to build a 21,700 all-seater stadium on land owned by the University of West England in time for the start of the 2016/17 season.

I guess they must have not liked the site as they are playing back at their old ground again.

http://www.southwestbusiness.co.uk/news/09062014073325-bristol-rovers-move-to-new-ground-delayed-after-visit-from-secretary-of-state/

On 13/05/2019 at 06:17, weepywall said:

I think that could be a new watch ! That's where the money has gone ??

I saw Wally wandering around Ashton and asked him what he was doing.  Said he was looking for Nelson Mandela house as he heard there was someone there that could do him a good deal on a Rolex.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is there an easy solution to this? Maybe the shirt was actually for Wael himself but because no-one in the clubshop knows who he is or has even seen him, they assumed his name was Will?

This can only be rectified by taking the shirt on the inaugural 2019 'Where there's a WILL, there's a WAEL' tour....first up, Will Smith. Followed by sightings of the shirt with famous Wills. Next up the novelist and satirist Will Self then the BBC Arts & Entertainment Editor Will Gompertz.

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Is there an easy solution to this? Maybe the shirt was actually for Wael himself but because no-one in the clubshop knows who he is or has even seen him, they assumed his name was Will?

This can only be rectified by taking the shirt on the inaugural 2019 'Where there's a WILL, there's a WAEL' tour....first up, Will Smith. Followed by sightings of the shirt with famous Wills. Next up the novelist and satirist Will Self then the BBC Arts & Entertainment Editor Will Gompertz.

He is saving up, one letter at a time, to try and convince shoe retailers, Freeman Hardy & Willis to sponsor them.

These thing apparently take time, they hope to have a deal in place by 2027.

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

And signing them up so that they have a team of celebrities.  Then they really will be da faymuz roverzzzz

12 hours ago, phantom said:

I asked this very question 

20190514_164429.jpg

Technically yes but they are unable to register new players if they haven't submitted their financial information, viz audited accounts, to the EFL.

He's right in that the EFL doesn't apply this sanction for non-filing at Companies House but I would regard that as a technicality.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Technically yes but they are unable to register new players if they haven't submitted their financial information, viz audited accounts, to the EFL.

Which won't be an issue until mid June at the earliest

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

He actually got a shirt made with Will on the back, wouldn’t have expected that sort of forward planning from Wael to be honest!

I’m surprised that he didn’t promise that he’d deliver him a shirt & show him a hand drawn mock up off one. Several months, then years later, Will Smith would still be waiting for Wally to deliver what he’d promised. 

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He's right in that the EFL doesn't apply this sanction for non-filing at Companies House but I would regard that as a technicality.

??

Image result for Roger Mellie

• Like 1
  • Haha 4