IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

It was left to him in someone’s will . Shame to waste it .

"Hello. Club Superstore? This your leader speaking. Your Leader: His Highness Wael al Quadi. No, I haven't got a bad cough. Listen, I want one of the very famous, blue and white quartered shirts to give as a gift to a very famous Hollywood superstar when I sneak into his hotel later this week. Have it printed with 'Wael' on the back so that he'll always remember me. Don't make any mistakes. I want you to send it to me IMMEDIATELY, do you understand? IMMEDIATELY. Yes, I know these things take time. OK. OK. When you can will be fine".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/05/2019 at 11:03, Tinmans Love Child said:

He actually got a shirt made with Will on the back, wouldn’t have expected that sort of forward planning from Wael to be honest!

I think he had a few words taken off - I believe it originally said “Will someone please buy this tinpot club to release me from the torture...” and then, as luck would have it, he bumped into someone called Will and put on his false smile for the paparazzi while displaying the amended shirt ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think he had a few words taken off - I believe it originally said “Will someone please buy this tinpot club to release me from the torture...” and then, as luck would have it, he bumped into someone called Will and put on his false smile for the paparazzi while displaying the amended shirt ...

Pursuit of Happiness....

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"Will someone ask my dad why he bought me this tinpot club?"

"Hello Club SuperMegaStore, it's your Leader again. I am very concerned about the ageing profile of our wonderful, loyal and true fans. We need to attract younger supporters, much in the way that Pantsdown has at the shit. So I want you to stock a range of small teddy bears, dressed in our famous quarters, with 'Fred' on the back and the number '2'. Why? Well, I was showing around the ground a wannabe sponsor yesterday. Well, I want him to be".

"He scrutinised everything and was, I think very impressed. He said that he thought that everything was 'A little 2 Fred Bear for his liking' which I suppose is a Southmead expression of satisfaction. Anyway, I think that it sounds catchy and will be loved by our fans, every bit as much as I am".

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lunchtime look at Gaschat reveals they have an AGM date, so I guess the accounts are pending.

Guess the loss!

About £1.6m like the last couple of years before write-offs of the UWE costs.

I can't see that the numbers will be a surprise; there's got to be something else that has caused the delay.  It could be ongoing sale negotiations that have either been successful or have fallen through hence the announcement of the AGM date.

Filing those accounts will also mean that they can register new players so the drama is delayed a while yet.

On a side note The Sun had a story today about how Will Smith's career had collapsed.  I was hoping for "that" picture but no.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Much like Rod Hull, Kelsey Grammar and Noel Edmonds 

Rod wasn't a Rovers fan; quoting from a Rovers forum:

Just to put the record (pun) straight about Rod Hull and the Rovers.
Rovers were looking to put out a record which was the thing all football clubs wanted to do in the early 1970's and someone in the President's Club who was connected to both Rovers and the record industry was approached.
We enlisted the help of a song writer ( Bryan Murphy from Wigan) who wrote the words and put them to the tune of 'She'll be coming round the mountain' (because it is a traditional song to which no royalties would have to be paid).
A London agent Phyllis Rounce of International Artists who handled many of the top stars of the day was approached to see who we could get to record the song and as Rod Hull was due to appear at the Bristol Hippodrome in Pantomime he was suggested.
A dinner meeting was held at Harvey's restaurant after one of his shows and he agreed to take part.
The record was produced and was popular for a time and some income was produced for the football club.
No-one received any fee from the venture including Rod Hull.
Despite his 'comedy' with the Emu and many comedy shows he was quite a serious individual who read the works of William Shakespere and Anton Chekhov, and always wanted to be a serious actor but was never given the chance, he smoked a pipe, (he was once voted pipe smoker of the year) and was married twice with several children. He was never a supporter of Bristol Rovers but all credit to his memory that he did something to help us.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

About £1.6m like the last couple of years before write-offs of the UWE costs.

I can't see that the numbers will be a surprise; there's got to be something else that has caused the delay.  It could be ongoing sale negotiations that have either been successful or have fallen through hence the announcement of the AGM date.

Filing those accounts will also mean that they can register new players so the drama is delayed a while yet.

On a side note The Sun had a story today about how Will Smith's career had collapsed.  I was hoping for "that" picture but no.

Brilliant Eddie.

What a shame they didn't!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Rod wasn't a Rovers fan; quoting from a Rovers forum:

We enlisted the help of a song writer ( Bryan Murphy from Wigan) who wrote the words and put them to the tune of 'She'll be coming round the mountain' (because it is a traditional song to which no royalties would have to be paid).”

The record was produced and was popular for a time and some income was produced for the football club.
No-one received any fee from the venture including Rod Hull.”

why am I not the slightest bit surprised by these statements.....they are nothing but consistent.

Aww the poor Fewers don’t like being put in their place so it seems, their Captain who’s fvcked off and is leaving them on a free, says he couldn’t wait to get out of there quick enough, says he couldn’t leave sooner ‘for whatever reason’ ?

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14421/chris-lines-sincs-locks-having?page=3

Now all of a sudden he’s shit etc etc. One day they may realise that they really are a nothing club, going nowhere ever, but it’s them so it’s highly doubtful.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Aww the poor Fewers don’t like being put in their place so it seems, their Captain who’s fvcked off and is leaving them on a free, says he couldn’t wait to get out of there quick enough, says he couldn’t leave sooner ‘for whatever reason’ ?

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14421/chris-lines-sincs-locks-having?page=3

Now all of a sudden he’s shit etc etc. One day they may realise that they really are a nothing club, going nowhere ever, but it’s them so it’s highly doubtful.

Ironic, Sags star player quits for nix (to, god knows where ).................our not so, star player subject of a multi-million bid from Prem runners up .

MIND THE GAP !

Edited by slartibartfast