IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Someone on asschat has seen the accounts, 3.3 million loss.

In melt down.

I still expect the majority will just brush it off and pretend everything is fine and dandy, I mean how could it not be whilst having such a lovely bloke like Wally at the helm?

Unless someone who’s stupid enough or not fussed about throwing their money down the drain sooner rather than later then I really think they are right up shit street, many have mentioned it on here but one of their main problems which will hit them in the next 5/10 years, is the huge lack of young fans they have attending their games, something they seem to be overlooking. UWE was there to be had but they fvcked it right up, Wally or his family for that matter don’t have the money they never have, to save face he shifting the blame by saying that UWE had pulled out, UWE had no idea what he was on about.

I for one hope they do go under, despise the w4nkers, shit owners, shit club, shit ground, shit fans, a pointless nothing club going nowhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I still expect the majority will just brush it off and pretend everything is fine and dandy, I mean how could it not be whilst having such a lovely bloke like Wally at the helm?

Unless someone who’s stupid enough or not fussed about throwing their money down the drain sooner rather than later then I really think they are right up shit street, many have mentioned it on here but one of their main problems which will hit them in the next 5/10 years, is the huge lack of young fans they have attending their games, something they seem to be overlooking. UWE was there to be had but they fvcked it right up, Wally or his family for that matter don’t have the money they never have, to save face he shifting the blame by saying that UWE had pulled out, UWE had no idea what he was on about.

I for one hope they do go under, despise the w4nkers, shit owners, shit club, shit ground, shit fans, a pointless nothing club going nowhere.

They’ll ignore it and instead direct their misplaced vitriol at ‘the franchise 82ers’ south of the river ... it’s so hilarious that they don’t actually know the definition of ‘franchise’ and they cling onto our dark times in 1982 like some sort of comfort blanket to make themselves feel better and to block out the stark reality that is unfolding in front of them ...

... the fact they do not have a rich owner, they still play in a shithole, they don’t have the training ground they were promised, they only avoided relegation to the basement this season by 4 points, four of their hero players have jumped ship or been bombed out etc etc ...

... the other day one of them said to me “I see all the players you sold have been relegated from the premier league” - I replied, “ By ‘all’ you actually mean 2? And why should I care, we sold those two players for around £16m.”

He actually thought his comment was a decent dig! Pathetic! But ... they do make me laugh, over and over ... so it’s all good!

• Like 3

What an amazing thread, the irony clearly is missed http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14481/word-feel-bristol-city 

______

Coming from the team that've set themselves up in another city.

9 hours ago   Quote

Post by pucklegas on 9 hours ago

Franchise

______

Coming from the team that have moved from home to home and immoral claimed land.

8 hours ago via mobile   Quote

Post by Lionheart on 8 hours ago

Pikey

______

Do I need to say anymore on this one?

7 hours ago via mobile   Quote

Post by blueblood1883 on 7 hours ago

Delusional

______

5 hours ago via mobile  Quote

Post by axegas on 5 hours ago

Irrelevant

_____

3 hours ago via mobile  Quote

Post by aghast on 3 hours ago

Competition

______

about an hour ago  Quote

Post by oldtoteender on about an hour ago

Hilarious..... no matter how big they get (They'll never get rid of the GAS)

Edited by Unan

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’ll ignore it and instead direct their misplaced vitriol at ‘the franchise 82ers’ south of the river ... it’s so hilarious that they don’t actually know the definition of ‘franchise’ and they cling onto our dark times in 1982 like some sort of comfort blanket to make themselves feel better and to block out the stark reality that is unfolding in front of them ...

... the fact they do not have a rich owner, they still play in a shithole, they don’t have the training ground they were promised, they only avoided relegation to the basement this season by 4 points, four of their hero players have jumped ship or been bombed out etc etc ...

... the other day one of them said to me “I see all the players you sold have been relegated from the premier league” - I replied, “ By ‘all’ you actually mean 2? And why should I care, we sold those two players for around £16m.”

He actually thought his comment was a decent dig! Pathetic! But ... they do make me laugh, over and over ... so it’s all good!

They are a completely different breed mate. Let’s say they did go bust, I’d bet my house on it, that they’ll be comparing it to us in 1982, and coming out with shit like ‘well atleast we didn’t stitch up local businesses by not paying them’ just to make themselves think ‘we’re still better than da shit’

I know for a fact they’ve been holding payments back owed to contractors for a number of months. It’s difficult to grasp as to what Wally is really up to, no cash of his own being spent, a large amount of off the field staff being appointed, a random London Office at 250k pa, their only asset mortgaged to the hilt that surely puts off anyone remotely interested in buying them?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Unan said:

What an amazing thread, the irony clearly is missed http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14481/word-feel-bristol-city 

______

Coming from the team that've set themselves up in another city.

9 hours ago   Quote

Post by pucklegas on 9 hours ago

Franchise

______

Coming from the team that have moved from home to home and immoral claimed land.

8 hours ago via mobile   Quote

Post by Lionheart on 8 hours ago

Pikey

______

Do I need to say anymore on this one?

7 hours ago via mobile   Quote

Post by blueblood1883 on 7 hours ago

Delusional

______

5 hours ago via mobile  Quote

Post by axegas on 5 hours ago

Irrelevant

_____

3 hours ago via mobile  Quote

Post by aghast on 3 hours ago

Competition

______

about an hour ago  Quote

Post by oldtoteender on about an hour ago

Hilarious..... no matter how big they get (They'll never get rid of the GAS)

3.5m loss and they have 4 pages of this, talk about burying your head in the sand.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

3.5m loss and they have 4 pages of this, talk about burying your head in the sand.

They are probably just happy because their losses are less than ours usually are. 

Ignore that we have an owner who’s prepared to cover the loss. That’s irrelevant to them. 

Basically it all just boils down to whatever they claim it is at any given moment..! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They are probably just happy because their losses are less than ours usually are. 

Ignore that we have an owner who’s prepared to cover the loss. That’s irrelevant to them. 

Basically it all just boils down to whatever they claim it is at any given moment..! 

Exactly this.

Forget for a second that they are our closest rivals and in their case the worst did happen, I may of shown a bit of sadness towards them like I do with what’s happening at Bolton at present but the majority of their fanbase weren’t such complete and utter bullshitting, deluded, jealous, a$$holes. Genuine normal supporters like @Miah Dennehy you would feel sorry for as he knows the score and hardly agrees with what most of them come out with, but the rest of them well they can fvck off. If they weren’t such a small nothing club that nobody cares about they’d be the laughing stock of the Country if the national media were to find out some of the absolute gems that they’ve given us over the years, the laughs that they constantly give us is all I’d miss if they disappeared.

• Like 2

Wow. I was thinking their loss might be in region of 2m, putting them within touching distance of using the 15m Dwane credit facility in the next 12 months, turns out they are probably already over 15m by now if those figures are correct.

Will be interesting to see some detail when they get published. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Overall debt around 13.5m - they’re getting close to the debt being more than the overall equity of the stadium. Tick tock. 

Don't forget that 13.5m is as at June 2018

If they continued at 3m plus loss per annum in the year to June 2019 they will be way past the 15m mark

Oh dear!!!

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Overall debt around 13.5m - they’re getting close to the debt being more than the overall equity of the stadium. Tick tock. 

Don't forget that 13.5m is as at June 2018

If they continued at 3m plus loss per annum in the year to June 2019 they will be way past the 15m mark

Oh dear!!!

7 hours ago, Unan said:

Hahaha, cretins

”wE nEvr TalK aBOwt dA ShIT dEY OnlY TAlk AbOUt us dEY r oBsSSed un dEY r ScAReD oF uZ”

One word answers....what a thread ?

Still, nice way to bury your head in the sand when you’ve had £3 million losses in the last year and you don’t know how long your Chelsea supporting Arab owners are prepared to stick around.

Ive got 3 words for them:

’Mind the gap’

On 23/05/2019 at 10:45, Jim Davey said:

huge fanbase wtf

It’s stretching it a bit but I know quite a few Gasheads who never go to matches or never intend to but still call themselves Gasheads because ‘I certainly ain’t City’.

Whilst I realise you don’t have to attend every match to be a fan you got to have a bit more than that. A neighbour of mind has a Gas sticker in her car, but has never seen them except for at Wembley. I guess in their eyes she is part of their fanbase?

Yes I know we have fans like that too but the majority of us turn up for matches ( home and away) and not just for the Wembley experience, and we don’t go on about it.

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s stretching it a bit but I know quite a few Gasheads who never go to matches or never intend to but still call themselves Gasheads because ‘I certainly ain’t City’.

Whilst I realise you don’t have to attend every match to be a fan you got to have a bit more than that. A neighbour of mind has a Gas sticker in her car, but has never seen them except for at Wembley. I guess in their eyes she is part of their fanbase?

I know a female ‘Gashead’ who, when arranging a family members funeral, asked for the famous Rovers song ‘Come on Eileen’ to be played as the coffin was brought into the Church.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I know a female ‘Gashead’ who, when arranging a family members funeral, asked for the famous Rovers song ‘Come on Eileen’ to be played as the coffin was brought into the Church.

Reminds me of when I was quite young I went to my Aunties funeral, a very religious woman. They played ‘Abide With Me’ and I asked my parents after why as she wasn’t a football fan. I didn’t realise it was a hymn as I only heard it played on tv before the FA cup final ! ?

I wish they wouldn’t as it always makes me cry, don’t know why it just really gets to me. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dogbert said:

Wow. I was thinking their loss might be in region of 2m, putting them within touching distance of using the 15m Dwane credit facility in the next 12 months, turns out they are probably already over 15m by now if those figures are correct.

Will be interesting to see some detail when they get published. 

Ditto: wow if we can take that at face value, need to see them to check.

Their underlying loss, prior to the non-cash UWE write-offs, was about £1.6m the last couple of years so I was expecting similar and then some player sale profits to bring it down to £1.2m / £1.3m.

Maybe it's the first year of the London office and lots of legal / marketing costs.

If it is correct and can be taken at face value then there is no reason to expect the current year, which ends in a month, to be any different.

It may be an over-used word but that's thoroughly unsustainable.

The debt to Dwane Sport is quoted at £13.2m at 30 June 2018 which will be c. £16m now.

That is increasingly looking like the purchase price for the club.

Does £16m look like a reasonable purchase price for a Division 3 club with its own ground worth maybe £12m and decent crowds for the division? I'd say yes it does as it's £4m for a Div 3 club and £12m for an asset.

However every year of this profligate ownership puts £3m on that price given that the owners want their money back.

So £19m 2020, £22m 2021, £25m 2022 pricing the club (as opposed to the ground) at £7m, £10m and £13m respectively. It looks increasingly a less realistic sale price as time goes on and if I were the AQs I would be desperate for a sale to take place this year whilst they stand a reasonable chance of recouping their debt and whatever they paid.

Taking the stadium out of the equation someone may pay the current £5m for the club (£4m debt + £1m premium) but nobody is going to pay £14m. 

The window for a possible sale looks like the next year as after that the £3m a year that they're losing will stand zero chance of being recouped; they're just burning it at that point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The debt to Dwane Sport is quoted at £13.2m at 30 June 2018 which will be c. £16m now.

That is increasingly looking like the purchase price for the club.

Does £16m look like a reasonable purchase price for a Division 3 club with its own ground worth maybe £12m and decent crowds for the division? I'd say yes it does as it's £4m for a Div 3 club and £12m for an asset.

However every year of this profligate ownership puts £3m on that price given that the owners want their money back.

So £19m 2020, £22m 2021, £25m 2022 pricing the club (as opposed to the ground) at £7m, £10m and £13m respectively. It looks increasingly a less realistic sale price as time goes on and if I were the AQs I would be desperate for a sale to take place this year whilst they stand a reasonable chance of recouping their debt and whatever they paid.

Taking the stadium out of the equation someone may pay the current £5m for the club (£4m debt + £1m premium) but nobody is going to pay £14m. 

The window for a possible sale looks like the next year as after that the £3m a year that they're losing will stand zero chance of being recouped; they're just burning it at that point.

I just can't see any value in the club without the stadium at all.

Loss making business with no home wouldn't be a consideration for anyone who isn't a seriously monied fan.

Especially if they would have to rent somewhere to play.

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I just can't see any value in the club without the stadium at all.

Loss making business with no home wouldn't be a consideration for anyone who isn't a seriously monied fan.

Especially if they would have to rent somewhere to play.

Isn't that the same for pretty much any non-Premiership club?

They aren't businesses in the normal sense where the owner makes money from them; the owner instead loses money. You have to have made your money beforehand and then buy a club as a labour of love or ego trip.

Rovers, and City, owners have never been in it for the money.  They have all wanted their respective hometown club to survive and do well.

This is the first time that either club has ever been owned by somebody who wasn't previously a supporter of the club.

And doesn't it show.

• Like 1

Correctimento Edward, what on earth would Harry Dolman or Duggie Mearns - Milne say about it ?

My source inside A Mann was wrong about Hani Al Qadi being ousted from AJIB (although an attempt was apparently made) but I am assured this reckless Rovers venture is being talked about over there and the ramifications could soon be impacting them on their home turf or sand as the case may be !

• Like 1

In order to turn around a large ship, first you have to slow it down from heading in the wrong direction. SL is doing exactly that at AG. He may not yet have completely  stopped us losing money but he’s reduced that propensity whilst supplementing it with new, welcome, incremental incomes. 

Far from slowing down the 15er’s losses Wael seems to be presiding over a period of far bigger and faster losses. The captain of that rickety old pirate ship appears to be out of control, out of his depth and heading for very dangerous waters. 

They'll need more than a few car-boot sales to bale out this stricken vessel. 

Oh dear; how sad; never mind. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

In order to turn around a large ship, first you have to slow it down from heading in the wrong direction. SL is doing exactly that at AG. He may not yet have completely  stopped us losing money but he’s reduced that propensity whilst supplementing it with new, welcome, incremental incomes. 

Far from slowing down the 15er’s losses Wael seems to be presiding over a period of far bigger and faster losses. The captain of that rickety old pirate ship appears to be out of control, out of his depth and heading for very dangerous waters. 

They'll need more than a few car-boot sales to bale out this stricken vessel. 

Oh dear; how sad; never mind. 

It's like rearranging cheap plastic patio chairs on the Titanic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, RedM said:

Reminds me of when I was quite young I went to my Aunties funeral, a very religious woman. They played ‘Abide With Me’ and I asked my parents after why as she wasn’t a football fan. I didn’t realise it was a hymn as I only heard it played on tv before the FA cup final ! ?

I wish they wouldn’t as it always makes me cry, don’t know why it just really gets to me. 

Same as me,it was a hymn at my dear old dads (although not old he was only 54)funeral and ever since then I can never listen to it without it bringing a tear to my eye!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1