IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 hours ago, Unan said:

What an amazing thread, the irony clearly is missed http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14481/word-feel-bristol-city 

______

Coming from the team that've set themselves up in another city.

9 hours ago   Quote

Post by pucklegas on 9 hours ago

Franchise

______

Coming from the team that have moved from home to home and immoral claimed land.

8 hours ago via mobile   Quote

Post by Lionheart on 8 hours ago

Pikey

______

Do I need to say anymore on this one?

7 hours ago via mobile   Quote

Post by blueblood1883 on 7 hours ago

Delusional

______

5 hours ago via mobile  Quote

Post by axegas on 5 hours ago

Irrelevant

_____

3 hours ago via mobile  Quote

Post by aghast on 3 hours ago

Competition

______

about an hour ago  Quote

Post by oldtoteender on about an hour ago

Hilarious..... no matter how big they get (They'll never get rid of the GAS)

Priceless! Some of the key words they're missing though - Envy, Jealousy, Superior (or Inferior, depending which way you look at it) and Secondbest.

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Isn't that the same for pretty much any non-Premiership club?

They aren't businesses in the normal sense where the owner makes money from them; the owner instead loses money. You have to have made your money beforehand and then buy a club as a labour of love or ego trip.

Rovers, and City, owners have never been in it for the money.  They have all wanted their respective hometown club to survive and do well.

This is the first time that either club has ever been owned by somebody who wasn't previously a supporter of the club.

And doesn't it show.

Getting close to the tipping point where any potential purchaser will say to themselves,. "best wait till they go into administration when I'll be able to buy them for a song"

It's alright lads, the Yanks are coming.....

23 May 2019 10:55:52
BRFC - Watch out for take over bid coming soon. Dwane Sports in talks with hospitality company Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The American company are about to take over a major Bristol Hotel and are keen to promote Bristol as a major world tourism destination. Exciting times.

briznews

The only take over will be tents being burnt, Santa being evicted and decent food being served in a new Hyatt Hotel where the Mem used to be.

I honestly give Rovers 6 - 7 months to find new owners or be put into Administration. They have one player to sell who will generate some cash (JCH) and the ground. The Arabs simply don't have the money to pay the ongoing weekly bills.

Once PP was turned down for the Colony - they were screwed - and as they 'only' earned £39,000,000 last year and have a bank and hotel to run out of that - they can't afford the £65,000 per week losses at BRFC.

It's sell up or close Rovers for good.

I'm serious - BRFC may well be gone for ever this year.

Sparty_20180526_Plakat-185-650x433.jpg.227c95b476b870f022f58c97987af7cb.jpg

The funniest thing about all of these losses is that their owners are putting absolutely NO money of their own in, NONE.

wE Are tHe BEsT ClUb iN BRIstoL NoW, THe RiCHEst clUB IN BriStoL. a NeW StaDIUm Is oN tHE Way, WHat MOrE Do YOu waNT?? HaPPy dAYs, uNLUckY Da ShIT!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

One of the things (amongst many) I can`t get my head around is why they have that London office? What benefit can that possibly have for the club?

It allows WAQ and his cohort to put up the pretense that they are actually up to something (and bill Rovers for it) without risking their own money. With technology and transport as modern as it is nowadays there is no need for a poxy third division football club to have an additional office anywhere, let alone 120 miles from where they play.  

42 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

It allows WAQ and his cohort to put up the pretense that they are actually up to something (and bill Rovers for it) without risking their own money. With technology and transport as modern as it is nowadays there is no need for a poxy third division football club to have an additional office anywhere, let alone 120 miles from where they play.  

35 minutes ago, cityal said:

Its closer to the team Wally actually supports

I did wonder if it was there so he could say `I`m off up to the London office` on days when Chelsea were playing. He`d probably get his mileage paid as well.

#assetstrippers

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

One of the things (amongst many) I can`t get my head around is why they have that London office? What benefit can that possibly have for the club?

41 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

As I have probably said elsewhere in this thread, my wife’s company supplies Company Secretarial services for global organisations working in this country and vice versa. Almost all the work is done in Bristol, but they have offices in London and Edinburgh, just so the businesses can use them as business addresses as it looks better to their contacts.

I guess the question is, who are they dealing with “globally” and why? They have mutttered something about investors in the past, but each year the amount of investment is going up, partly to pay for the office itself. It’s like running a generator to run the power for the generator so to speak.

It would be interesting to go there and see if they are promoting the Rovers exclusively, or just using the club to front their other interests.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

As I have probably said elsewhere in this thread, my wife’s company supplies Company Secretarial services for global organisations working in this country and vice versa. Almost all the work is done in Bristol, but they have offices in London and Edinburgh, just so the businesses can use them as business addresses as it looks better to their contacts.

I guess the question is, who are they dealing with “globally” and why? They have mutttered something about investors in the past, but each year the amount of investment is going up, partly to pay for the office itself. It’s like running a generator to run the power for the generator so to speak.

It would be interesting to go there and see if they are promoting the Rovers exclusively, or just using the club to front their other interests.

You can just buy a virtual office if you want to have a 'good' looking business address. An office in Trafalgar Square that'll redirect your post back to you costs £3.50 a day (£1300 a year), a far way from quarter of a million a year.

https://www.regus.co.uk/locations/united-kingdom/london/london-trafalgar-square

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unan said:

You can just buy a virtual office if you want to have a 'good' looking business address. An office in Trafalgar Square that'll redirect your post back to you costs £3.50 a day (£1300 a year), a far way from quarter of a million a year.

https://www.regus.co.uk/locations/united-kingdom/london/london-trafalgar-square

True but sometimes customers want to meet face to face, my wife goes to London roughly once a month for this. We can all see why Wael of Fortune would prefer to meet people in a London office, rather than the Mem.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

True but sometimes customers want to meet face to face, my wife goes to London roughly once a month for this. We can all see why Wael of Fortune would prefer to meet people in a London office, rather than the Mem.

That makes more sense, when I originally read it I assumed you meant so the address looked good rather than actually visiting it.

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did wonder if it was there so he could say `I`m off up to the London office` on days when Chelsea were playing. He`d probably get his mileage paid as well.

#assetstrippers

I wondered the exact same thing - It would not be surprising to see a very strong correlation between "business trips" to the London office and midweek Chelsea home games in the gas expense accounts.

I still don't understand the reason for London being the location in this day and age.  Bristol is well connected, so much so that the owner of one Bristol club setup a financial Business in Bristol rather than London!

I guess the argument is that London makes more sense to host foreign investors, but if anyone was to actually get to the stage of talking about investment and visiting the Rovers London office, I'd assume they'd at least ask to be taken to Bristol to see the Memorial Stadium, so what is the point in the London office? 

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

I wondered the exact same thing - It would not be surprising to see a very strong correlation between "business trips" to the London office and midweek Chelsea home games in the gas expense accounts.

I still don't understand the reason for London being the location in this day and age.  Bristol is well connected, so much so that the owner of one Bristol club setup a financial Business in Bristol rather than London!

I guess the argument is that London makes more sense to host foreign investors, but if anyone was to actually get to the stage of talking about investment and visiting the Rovers London office, I'd assume they'd at least ask to be taken to Bristol to see the Memorial Stadium, so what is the point in the London office? 

This is the problem for me, anyone that can afford to be in talks with the sags can't be stupid enough to not know what they're getting involved in, fancy office in London or not.

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

This is the problem for me, anyone that can afford to be in talks with the sags can't be stupid enough to not know what they're getting involved in, fancy office in London or not.

12 minutes ago, Unan said:

Unless all they've seen is the SAG's marketing which always includes images of Ashton Gate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Unless all they've seen is the SAG's marketing which always includes images of Ashton Gate.

Bit like those “artists impression” shots you get of a nee development. Here’s what the stadium could look like. :)

Edited by Port Said Red

On 25/05/2019 at 07:14, RedM said:

It’s stretching it a bit but I know quite a few Gasheads who never go to matches or never intend to but still call themselves Gasheads because ‘I certainly ain’t City’.

I've met many like this, haven't actively supported Rovers for years, if much, ever, but call themselves 'Gasheads' and have a lifelong dislike for City.

We may have a bigger fanbase than them but the difference is not as great as some on here might like to think when it comes to local team preference for Bristolians.

Loads of City hating Rovers 'fans' in Bristol who never go to matches.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Unan said:

It worked once even if Higgs had to scour the world to find a fool to buy it as, and this is the real kicker so hats off to Nick here, a COMMERCIAL PROPOSITION ?

Now the AQs find themselves in the position of having to find a greater fool and quick. Maybe they hope that with a swanky London offive Hans Rausling or Bernie Eccleston will get really drunk one day, wander in thinking it's a bar, and sign on the dotted line.

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It worked once even if Higgs had to scour the world to find a fool to buy it as, and this is the real kicker so hats off to Nick here, a COMMERCIAL PROPOSITION ?

Now the AQs find themselves in the position of having to find a greater fool and quick. Maybe they hope that with a swanky London offive Hans Rausling or Bernie Eccleston will get really drunk one day, wander in thinking it's a bar, and sign on the dotted line.

Their best bet would be to target any business rivals SL has acquired over the years and set them at each other.

Ot maybe I have watched too many movies..... :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Higgs did have though, in his pocket, a “watertight contract with Sainsbury’s “ plus “a firm agreement to build a new stadium at UWE”, which made the deal a no-brainier for greedy Jordanian bankers.

Now, the al Qadis can offer a new investor just the attraction of ownership of potentially, the biggest and fastest growing car boot sale in North Bristol. Where do I sign?

15 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm in a betting group on WhatsApp with people all over the world. This was just posted in the group....

Screenshot_20190525-210126.png

Screenshot_20190525-205911.png

Thousands locked out; image.jpeg.e6d99bdf39ea6014d793278ed9df516d.jpeg

For the team and fans to be as one; image.jpeg.f438594303996c3135b0d75caa34852e.jpeg

Making WAQ's family feel at home; Image result for tents around football ground

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I can see, to an extent, why they took it on. Not too big a gamble, with a high reward and beino able to secure any losses against the ground so they don't have to risk their own money.  Shame they've fluffed everything up so badly, I hope we find out one day what theit motives are, quick flip to make some good cash is my guess.

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Higgs did have though, in his pocket, a “watertight contract with Sainsbury’s “ plus “a firm agreement to build a new stadium at UWE”, which made the deal a no-brainier for greedy Jordanian bankers.

Now, the al Qadis can offer a new investor just the attraction of ownership of potentially, the biggest and fastest growing car boot sale in North Bristol. Where do I sign?

Nice typo.

Or not as it may be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Has anyone actually seen their London office? Does it have a receptionist? Phone number to book an appointment or anything like a normal office? 

Or does it contain out of date crisps and fake Fanta?

Yer Tis. It’s portable and can be used as a second Santa’s Grotto if required 

D2457F51-7F67-409E-9D96-580EFE1EF5F5.jpeg

• Haha 2

It aint looking good for the Gas is it...

They'll still be up to their ears in deep doo-doo even after we pay them the outstanding  £9.3M  on the Matty Taylor deal... ?

I shall enjoy watching them squirm and suffer pain for a while (most of their sporting lives actually) but after all the agony and traumas I really hope someone somewhere comes out of the woodwork and saves them. I hate the thought of any club going to the wall, they all have years of blood sweat and tears behind them, every club (even the Gas) have a deep rooted place in the town, city, region, community in which they reside... (despite the Gas habit of roaming in the wilderness like homeless nomads) … I love 'the gap'  and enjoyed massively the rivalry of ''are you City or Rovers?'' school playground  banter growing up.. It's been great always being Red with superiority over them, but to enjoy rivalry you have to have an adversary and through the years The Gas has been just that, James Bond as a 'goody' would be boring as **** without a 'baddie' to deal with..

We've enjoyed massive superiority over them for years but from a selfish point of view life really wouldn't be the same without 'em tbh.. City v Rovers ,  Red or Blue etc  long may the Bristol banter continue, as long as they remain our bitches of course. ?