IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Nick Higgs must have been a wonderful salesman to be able to offload Rovers to Wael and his family, but he had the benefit of the watertight contract with Sainsbury’s and a new ground on the horizon. Now both are gone, what can Wael offer?  There are plenty of clubs in Leagues one, two and the National League that have better stadiums, and could be bought for less than the cost Rovers. Just one example - Chesterfield in the National League have a new stadium, with no tents in sight, and room to expand. 

07641F5D-6299-4F9B-A357-1848E0194241.png

Thoughts for today.

There is more (semi) serious discussion of Rovers financial plight on OTIB than on Rovers’ forums because over the past 40 years fans with intellect have gradually drifted away from our club. Back in the 1970’s City and Rovers would have been fairly equal in terms of numbers of supporters  with educational achievement and/or status in business and the Professions but now we are seriously deficient in this respect.

The London office may serve a purpose unconnected with football  but related to Middle Eastern politics. 

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

It aint looking good for the Gas is it...

They'll still be up to their ears in deep doo-doo even after we pay them the outstanding  £9.3M  on the Matty Taylor deal... ?

I shall enjoy watching them squirm and suffer pain for a while (most of their sporting lives actually) but after all the agony and traumas I really hope someone somewhere comes out of the woodwork and saves them. I hate the thought of any club going to the wall, they all have years of blood sweat and tears behind them, every club (even the Gas) have a deep rooted place in the town, city, region, community in which they reside... (despite the Gas habit of roaming in the wilderness like homeless nomads) … I love 'the gap'  and enjoyed massively the rivalry of ''are you City or Rovers?'' school playground  banter growing up.. It's been great always being Red with superiority over them, but to enjoy rivalry you have to have an adversary and through the years The Gas has been just that, James Bond as a 'goody' would be boring as **** without a 'baddie' to deal with..

We've enjoyed massive superiority over them for years but from a selfish point of view life really wouldn't be the same without 'em tbh.. City v Rovers ,  Red or Blue etc  long may the Bristol banter continue, as long as they remain our bitches of course. ?

You opinion of course which I respect, but one I totally disagree with. Fvck em.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Thoughts for today.

There is more (semi) serious discussion of Rovers financial plight on OTIB than on Rovers’ forums because over the past 40 years fans with intellect have gradually drifted away from our club. Back in the 1970’s City and Rovers would have been fairly equal in terms of numbers of supporters  with educational achievement and/or status in business and the Professions but now we are seriously deficient in this respect.

The London office may serve a purpose unconnected with football  but related to Middle Eastern politics. 

A conservative guess there Bert? Or are you just guessing that is where the labour is done.. 

Wonder if they are plotting to sell Bristol Rovers from that office, an Exit strategy if you will.

Bristol

Rovers

E

X

I

T

BREXIT 

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Thoughts for today.

Are you suggesting Bert that the London office is the secret hub of some latter day Iran-Contra dark dealings and that Graham Coughlan is the Colonel Oliver North of the whole affair; hiding his razor sharp brain behind a faux idiot frontage and illicit international arms dealings behind the Stefan Payne transfer shenanigans?

Does this mean that "nice man" Wael is actually a cold and calculating George Smiley type ringmaster of a network of spies?

And that Stuart Sinclair is a beardie homeless?

I think we should be told.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Are you suggesting Bert that the London office is the secret hub of some latter day Iran-Contra dark dealings and that Graham Coughlan is the Colonel Oliver North of the whole affair; hiding his razor sharp brain behind a faux idiot frontage and illicit international arms dealings behind the Stefan Payne transfer shenanigans?

Does this mean that "nice man" Wael is actually a cold and calculating George Smiley type ringmaster of a network of spies?

I think you`re on to something here. It would explain their shocking home attendances if all their thousands of loyal and true fans had been sent out on undercover missions and were embedded as sleeper agents all over the world.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not exactly Eddie, it’s just some talk I overheard on the Mullah Road end.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

They'll still be up to their ears in deep doo-doo even after we pay them the outstanding  £9.3M  on the Matty Taylor deal... ?

I shall enjoy watching them squirm and suffer pain for a while (most of their sporting lives actually) but after all the agony and traumas I really hope someone somewhere comes out of the woodwork and saves them. I hate the thought of any club going to the wall, they all have years of blood sweat and tears behind them, every club (even the Gas) have a deep rooted place in the town, city, region, community in which they reside... (despite the Gas habit of roaming in the wilderness like homeless nomads) … I love 'the gap'  and enjoyed massively the rivalry of ''are you City or Rovers?'' school playground  banter growing up.. It's been great always being Red with superiority over them, but to enjoy rivalry you have to have an adversary and through the years The Gas has been just that, James Bond as a 'goody' would be boring as **** without a 'baddie' to deal with..

We've enjoyed massive superiority over them for years but from a selfish point of view life really wouldn't be the same without 'em tbh.. City v Rovers ,  Red or Blue etc  long may the Bristol banter continue, as long as they remain our bitches of course. ?

**** um hope there playing on the downs soon .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unan said:

I can see, to an extent, why they took it on. Not too big a gamble, with a high reward and beino able to secure any losses against the ground so they don't have to risk their own money.  Shame they've fluffed everything up so badly, I hope we find out one day what theit motives are, quick flip to make some good cash is my guess.

A New Stadium that others pay for, they then build hotel, housing, shops etc for themselves. Rent the lot out or just sell the lot for a quick buck, in and out in a few years? The Sags though thought they had turned up to donate tens of millions and are supporters of BRFC - even though they looked elsewhere beforehand. Deluded buffoons.

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Yer Tis. It’s portable and can be used as a second Santa’s Grotto if required 

D2457F51-7F67-409E-9D96-580EFE1EF5F5.jpeg

Surely this proves Wael really is a billionaire.

An opulent building in Kensington, such as this, would have cost him £10M. Especially as it has a security gate and a collection of exotic plants.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I shall enjoy watching them squirm and suffer pain for a while (most of their sporting lives actually) but after all the agony and traumas I really hope someone somewhere comes out of the woodwork and saves them. I hate the thought of any club going to the wall,

Just drop down a couple of Tiers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

The Gas' Sunderland love-in can continue next year. Like obedient little puppies in that relationship. 

Oh yeah, it was pathetic wasn’t it?

”ooh you really shouldn’t be in this division Sunderland, you’re so big and powerful, we love you so much Sunderland, please tell us you hate City Sunderland...you DO hate City don’t you? Please tell us you do”...

Im sure they were planning to save that needy behaviour for Ipswich next season. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, SX227 said:

It's alright lads, the Yanks are coming.....

23 May 2019 10:55:52
BRFC - Watch out for take over bid coming soon. Dwane Sports in talks with hospitality company Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The American company are about to take over a major Bristol Hotel and are keen to promote Bristol as a major world tourism destination. Exciting times.

briznews

The only take over will be tents being burnt, Santa being evicted and decent food being served in a new Hyatt Hotel where the Mem used to be.

I honestly give Rovers 6 - 7 months to find new owners or be put into Administration. They have one player to sell who will generate some cash (JCH) and the ground. The Arabs simply don't have the money to pay the ongoing weekly bills.

Once PP was turned down for the Colony - they were screwed - and as they 'only' earned £39,000,000 last year and have a bank and hotel to run out of that - they can't afford the £65,000 per week losses at BRFC.

It's sell up or close Rovers for good.

I'm serious - BRFC may well be gone for ever this year.

Sparty_20180526_Plakat-185-650x433.jpg.227c95b476b870f022f58c97987af7cb.jpg

Local press getting their wires crossed again. Hyatt will take on the running of the Ashton Gate hotel when the development is complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Local press getting their wires crossed again. Hyatt will take on the running of the Ashton Gate hotel when the development is complete.

That will be superb. Despite the whole story in the BP being based on a misunderstanding they will automatically assume all sorts of underhand dealings have gone on between SL and Hyatt to deprive them of their rightful rewards. He will be called all sorts of nasty things and be accused for the millionth time of only doing something to thwart the blue few.

I expect they`ll say they`re going to boycott Hyatt Hotels - not that any of them could afford to stay there even if they wanted to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

the sooner those pricks go bankrupt and disappear the better for me vile club with vile fans .

I don`t know so much. It`s like the old saying `give a man a fish and he`ll eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he`ll never go hungry`. If they went out of business it would indeed be hilarious for a while but what would we have to take the piss out of afterwards? if they stay around, hanging on by the skin of their teeth, we will be able to have many more years of amusement at their expense - the gift will continue to give, you can be sure of that.

Edited by Red Right Hand

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Nah **** the gas.

36 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t know so much. It`s like the old saying `give a man a fish and he`ll eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he`ll never go hungry`. If they went out of business it would indeed be hilarious for a while but what would we have to take the piss out of afterwards? if they stay around, hanging on by the skin of their teeth, we will be able to have many more years of amusement at their expense - the gift will continue to give, you can be sure of that.

Exactly! 

(& I don't mean Accrington Stanley)  granted a fair few people will have no idea who Bristol Rovers are. WE know though and they are an absolute gift to us.. Long may they 'linger' . 

Edited by WhistleHappy