IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's just what they do...

The fact they only get 8k at home seems to have been missed by the dribbling steam of pus gashead plus the fact both Arsenal and Chelsea were ONLY ALLOCATED 6000 tickets each.

What a bunch of knuckle dragging forkwits the sags are! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From the Express and Star

Walsall sign defender James Clarke

Walsall have made their second signing of the summer by swooping to land defender James Clarke from Bristol Rovers.

The 29-year-old has turned down the chance to remain at the Memorial Stadium in favour of a move to the Banks's where he will again team up with manager Darrell Clarke.

Boss Clarke first managed James at Salisbury before then taking him to Rovers in 2015. 

Predominately a centre-half, the defender can play anywhere across the back four and made 48 appearances for the Gas last season. 

The length of his contract is undisclosed. 

“I’m buzzing to be here,” Clarke said. 

"It’s a great project from what the gaffer has explained to me. The club have got lovely training facilities and a great stadium and I am really happy to be here. 

“I am a versatile player. In the last few seasons, I have played across the back four, predominantly as a centre-half, but I can do a job anywhere across the back four. 

“I am somebody who will give everything for the shirt and for the club. 

“In my only season in League Two, I was fortunate enough to be in the gaffer’s side that went up with Bristol Rovers. 

“He knows how to build a good changing room and that is a big part of being successful. 

“We need to kick on in this new era and hopefully it is going to be a positive season.” 

With James Clarke having been offered new terms to remain at Bristol Rovers, Darrell Clarke admitted he was a touch surprised to secure his signature. “I’m pleasantly surprised to be honest with you," the boss said. 

"I didn’t think we would have a chance of getting him. 

“He’s a lad I know very well and he can play anywhere across the back four. He’s more of a centre-half but he’s played a lot of times at right-back. 

“We’re not going to be working with as big a squad this year so it’s important we’ve got players who can fill in a few positions

“He is 100 per cent commitment and it’s about getting the environment right to the football club. 

“He’s quick, strong and uses the ball well. He’s one of the best man-to-man markers from set-pieces I’ve ever worked with; I can’t ever remember his attacker scoring a goal. He’s got all the attributes.”

Can he play anywhere across the back four?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

They just can’t ######## help themselves can they? Not sure whether it’s a case of ‘say it enough times and it becomes gospel’ or morons like him like being portrayed as a pathological liars in the local rag, then again the BP have jumped on their bandwagon by praising their support :facepalm:  have no idea why cos it’s shit, compare it to everyone else in L1 and it’s bang average at best. 

Edited by BCFC11

39,000? Lying bastards. They didn't even have 30,000 there, otherwise the top tier would have been full (as it was when WE went to Wembley) not empty as it actually was when they slithered their non league way there.

Pathological lying scum, as usual. 

Image result for bristol city fans at wembley

39,000?

CFODXkVXIAASY2Y.jpg

10,000 must have come dressed as red seats I suppose.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Typical sag. Obviously in need of his medication. Yet another cretinous remark. Such a "special" club I'm surprised he didn't remind Danny Baker that Hitler prevented them for having to apply for re election in 1939.

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

Typical sag. Obviously in need of his medication. Yet another cretinous remark. Such a "special" club I'm surprised he didn't remind Danny Baker that Hitler prevented them for having to apply for re election in 1939.

Oh dear, showing themselves up on national radio , and typically, instead of ridiculing the ****** our local rag blows smoke up his arse ! :facepalm:

I really didn't think the Post showed any bias towards the Gas but after reading some of the crap they write about the "tremendous Gas support" they obviously do, the Gas support is average at best and yet they harp on about what amazing support they have, do they really think they are a Leeds, Sheff Wed, Pompey, Sunderland etc those teams have impressive support, our support has been better than the Gas for years but don't think I've heard many City fans claim we have a huge fanbase or massive away support, most City fans have a realistic take on our support and that is our support is fairly average but it is on the increase. They really are the most deluded bunch of fans in the country without a shadow of doubt, embarrassing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

It isn't 'bad journalism' as for the journalistic element there is none. Its what's know as 'User Generated Content' and the Fourth Estate began to adopt the idea when seeking to unify it's print and digital production platforms. Most let web drive print without transferring journalistic skills across. That's when I jumped ship. Though I hate the rag The Mail did so with great success, others like The Evil simply used it to cut standards and costs.

It's also untrue that people don't want to read content anymore - look at the proliferation of digital written word platforms. Like music and the rest what people don't want to do is pay (directly) for content.

Most of that first paragraph went right over my head. I'm sorry. I really don't want to come across as deliberately ignorant, but I just don't quite understand what you mean.

I guess the second bit you mean that people don't like paying to read stuff on the internet. It's odd isn't it, I used to always buy a daily & Sunday paper, and reading them was something I found very enjoyable but I have a few eyesight problems that meant I had to give that up.but even now I begrudge paying to read online stuff when there is no sensible reason to do so!

1 minute ago, City Rocker said:

You'd rather be 'the shit' though, wouldn't you? Cooler, sexier and far more popular. cool summer GIF

Ian Paisley was a man  who pretty much was the fundamental opposite of me, yet I feel the only appropriate response to this is to directly quote him.

'Never, never, NEVER!'

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Most of that first paragraph went right over my head. I'm sorry. I really don't want to come across as deliberately ignorant, but I just don't quite understand what you mean.

I guess the second bit you mean that people don't like paying to read stuff on the internet. It's odd isn't it, I used to always buy a daily & Sunday paper, and reading them was something I found very enjoyable but I have a few eyesight problems that meant I had to give that up.but even now I begrudge paying to read online stuff when there is no sensible reason to do so!

Yes, I would if I were you...........you know what they say !:laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ian Paisley was a man  who pretty much was the fundamental opposite of me, yet I feel the only appropriate response to this is to directly quote him.

'Never, never, NEVER!'

Being a fan of the Derry City Rockers, we'll have none of that talk! 

• Haha 1

How did I miss this - I have been semi away the last few days, but was this posted anywhere ? 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-fans-angry-over-2905398

0_GettyImages-480346632.jpg

Bristol Rovers may have shared Twerton Park for a decade, but Gas fans are not exactly enamoured with Bath City at the moment.

Rovers played at the Romans' ground between 1986 and 1996, following their departure from Eastville, and many Gas fans have a soft spot for the National League South side.

Yet a number acted with surprise, and anger on Friday, after the Romans unveiled a choice of away kits for next season that fans can vote for.

That's due to the fact that Bath have changed kit suppliers from Errea to Bristol Sport - the retail arm of the owners of Bristol City, Bristol Bears and Bristol Flyers.

It was an announcement that was met by a mixed reaction from Rovers supporters, as well as some followers of Bath, who pointed out a group of City fans were convicted of a devastating arson that took place at Twerton Park's main stand in September, 1990.

Dan Wright: Bristol Sport? Get in the bin lads.

Holmz: Bristol Sport? I used to like Bath City ...

Sam: Bristol Sport?? Horrific.

Mike Lee: Bristol f****** Sport? Having a laugh surely.

Jonathan: Bristol Sport?! That's my potential shirt purchase out the window...

Jay Collett: Bristol Sport is not a good move.

The idea was a result of Bath approaching Bristol Sport to manufacture their kit as chairman Jon Lansdown explains: "We’ve been manufacturing bespoke kits for our sporting group (Bristol City; Bristol Bears and Flyers) since 2014.

"Bath City approached us to see if we could work with them and we are pleased to be their official kit supplier for next season. We look forward to seeing the team wearing the kit for the forthcoming campaign."

There is no takeover in mind and no wider plan, as feared by elements of the Bath support, it is simply a case of Bristol Sport branching out from the teams owned by Steve Lansdown.

Bath and the Robins have had a close relationship recently, with a number of young players heading out on loan to Twerton Park. Recent seasons have seen the likes of Antoine Semenyo, Freddie Hinds and James Morton loaned from the Robins to Bath.

Bristol City's first signing of the summer was also to bring Bath Player of the Year Robbie Cundy to Ashton Gate on a two-year contract.

The announcement also led to many City fans delighted to see their club extending links with the local community, and rubbing salt into the wounds of the Gas.

Mitchyl Downs: Love the Gas getting wound up by this.

Ashley Gent: Love how they are rustling all the Gasheads with Bristol Sport, superb stuff.

James: Gas tears, City cheers.

Dave: Always had the Gas lot down as sound people but the state of some of these tantrums over who does the stitching of a non-league team. Absolute cringefest.

Bath fan Keith Leakey arguably gave the most considered viewpoint over the situation.

He said: "Five years ago i would have been really against anything to do with Bristol City, but times have moved on and sorry but they have helped us a fair bit in the last few years."

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

39,000? Lying bastards. They didn't even have 30,000 there, otherwise the top tier would have been full (as it was when WE went to Wembley) not empty as it actually was when they slithered their non league way there.

39,000?

CFODXkVXIAASY2Y.jpg

It was stated at the time 23k  ......................not too shabby for non-league .:cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

How to confound a Gashead.... 

That you fail to understand the first paragraph goes without saying. I wouldn't expect you to, what with Horfield being 30 years behind the rest of the universe.  Henbury Gas and his technical expertise may enlighten when next you meet...

Second para, too, you've misinterpreted. Has nothing to do with 'digital' or 'the internet'. Simply, people no longer wish to pay for anything these days. Why would one pay for music, images,TV, news or information when they're 'freely' available? That's why where once monies were to be had via record sales and plays (with concerts as loss leaders,) today it's wholly the reverse. News, TV and images are financed via enforced advertising. Sales matter little, today it's the goldmine of click-through, impression visits. 

On the upside and whilst sorry to learn of your visual impairment (which I sincerely hope improves,)  the good news is should you subscribe to digital newspapers there are applications that are able to read them to you (I know as the paper for whom I once worked developed them.)  Better still, with technological advances there's a chance your big screen next term might be in colour (though with Wael at the helm I wouldn't bank on it.......)

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

39,000?

CFODXkVXIAASY2Y.jpg

Correct.

With over half of the top tier unsold they cannot have had 30k there. 

Try telling that to the thick as shit, lying cretins who phone up Radio talk shows spouting bollocks and posting lies on Twitter about their support.

39 + 15 = 47.....apparently.

They’re the sort of numptys that stand at the urinal in the pub with their trousers and pants around their ankles. Backward idiots, go back to school FFS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Correct.

With over half of the top tier unsold they cannot have had 30k there. 

Try telling that to the thick as shit, lying cretins who phone up Radio talk shows spouting bollocks and posting lies on Twitter about their support.

39 + 15 = 47.....apparently.

They’re the sort of numptys that stand at the urinal in the pub with their trousers and pants around their ankles. Backward idiots, go back to school FFS.

Dianne Abbott is a gashead? I knew she was a wrong 'un! ;)