IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's just what they do...

It’s actually not that funny anymore - it’s gone past that point and it’s just ridiculously annoying and tiresome now - they can’t even get 8k home fans at a home game - yet they’d take more fans to Baku than both Chelsea and Arsenal - both of whom were allocated just 6k tickets for the final - good f*****g grief - who the hell do they think they are?!

And ringing in to radio stations craving attention and recognition is just pathetic - they’re a shite little lower league club with a pitiful kit, a sad, bitter, envious, petty, deluded, small fanbase that has somehow convinced itself that it’s massive .... oh and they were a non-league club just a few years ago ... yet now, one of them thinks that boring the nation’s radio listeners by claiming they have a bigger following than Chelsea and Arsenal somehow makes them relevant .... oh dear ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

They really Are ****** delusional, they haven’t averaged over 10.000 home gates for about 40 Year’s yet they still think their support is fantastic, I almost feel embarrassed for them.

Look at it this way.

For decades they've been sh*t. For a year or two longer and in their dying embers they're likely to be sh*t. Yet more than one man and his dog continue to turn out to watch them each and every week. That's fantastic support in anyone's book (save my wife who thinks it a sad indictment of the state of care in the community services these days. )

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s actually not that funny anymore - it’s gone past that point and it’s just ridiculously annoying and tiresome now - they can’t even get 8k home fans at a home game - yet they’d take more fans to Baku than both Chelsea and Arsenal - both of whom were allocated just 6k tickets for the final - good f*****g grief - who the hell do they think they are?!

And ringing in to radio stations craving attention and recognition is just pathetic - they’re a shite little lower league club with a pitiful kit, a sad, bitter, envious, petty, deluded, small fanbase that has somehow convinced itself that it’s massive .... oh and they were a non-league club just a few years ago ... yet now, one of them thinks that boring the nation’s radio listeners by claiming they have a bigger following than Chelsea and Arsenal somehow makes them relevant .... oh dear ...

Admit it though: you'll miss them when they're gone.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Admit it though: you'll miss them when they're gone.

I will actually ... rivalry is still a huge and important part of English football ... and my Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad all followed the gas - they went to away games when some journeys took two days - like the cup tie at Newcastle in 1951. Also my Dad was a fine local footballer and nearly ended up playing for them! 

The modern gashead is soooooo much different to the old school, realistic ones - my relatives knew they were not very good and didn’t try to pretend otherwise - even when they beat that Man Utd team 4-0 in the cup they remained realistic - but today’s little gasheads are just, well they’re just so deluded and bitter and jealous and sad and petty and envious and, and and...

So, despite my vitriol - yeh, I’ll miss em 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Correct.

With over half of the top tier unsold they cannot have had 30k there. 

Try telling that to the thick as shit, lying cretins who phone up Radio talk shows spouting bollocks and posting lies on Twitter about their support.

39 + 15 = 47.....apparently.

They’re the sort of numptys that stand at the urinal in the pub with their trousers and pants around their ankles. Backward idiots, go back to school FFS.

Ahh but your all forgetting that there was a ‘neutral area’ that day, where if you bought your ticket early it was at a discounted rate, so unless you were planning on a day trip regardless then you’d of been gambling that your team would make it, so as GasLogic says that on that day every single person in the neutral areas were obviously Sags, so can add another 20k to their attendance.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

“We took 39,000 thousand to wembley and Grimsby took 15,000????”

how does that add up to 44,000 the official Wembley attendance that day? 

They took 39,000 ‘to Wembley’. They didn’t all have tickets to ‘enter’ Wembley. There were plenty locked out and no doubt the only thing they ‘entered’ that day was each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's just what they do...

Surely this article was written by a ‘Gert Ted’ because most Sags I know would distance themselves completely from this utterly deluded drivel.....apart from taking 40k to Wembley. One fan almost tried to have a punch up with me when I corrected him on the official stats.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

How to confound a Gashead.... 

That you fail to understand the first paragraph goes without saying. I wouldn't expect you to, what with Horfield being 30 years behind the rest of the universe.  Henbury Gas and his technical expertise may enlighten when next you meet...

Second para, too, you've misinterpreted. Has nothing to do with 'digital' or 'the internet'. Simply, people no longer wish to pay for anything these days. Why would one pay for music, images,TV, news or information when they're 'freely' available? That's why where once monies were to be had via record sales and plays (with concerts as loss leaders,) today it's wholly the reverse. News, TV and images are financed via enforced advertising. Sales matter little, today it's the goldmine of click-through, impression visits. 

On the upside and whilst sorry to learn of your visual impairment (which I sincerely hope improves,)  the good news is should you subscribe to digital newspapers there are applications that are able to read them to you (I know as the paper for whom I once worked developed them.)  Better still, with technological advances there's a chance your big screen next term might be in colour (though with Wael at the helm I wouldn't bank on it.......)

My, aren't you the clever one.

• Like 1

Good response Miah. Always enjoy your posts on here. You take everything thrown at you with good humour & often give as good as you get. Again, with humour. Proper Red/Blue banter, acknowledging you're the poor relations but supporting your team despite its shortcomings as is right & proper. Think BTRFTG, who is also a good contributor to debate, has been unfairly dismissive of you. Just my opinion, you deserve better. It was beyond me, too!

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Unan said:

As you'd expect, there's silence on asschat regarding their accounts, no posts for 14 hours.

They have just missed it surely......

So.... they must be there or thereabouts out of money from the £15m they lent against the 'stadium' now?

Does that not make them up some sort of metaphorical creek?

EDIT: Ah it seems they've increased their borrowing limit to £17.5m. So with £13m now used (up to last June), they must be pushing that new limit already, and even the value of the Mem would not offset that. Doesn't look sustainable in any way, and without the owner writing off or propping up the finances....

Edited by nebristolred

"Bristol Rovers accounts published & show the club lost over £65,000 a week last season from day to day operations"

What?? No! Surely keeping a ramshackle ground mainly made of tents up together for a game every other week doesn't cost a lot?

"Bristol Rovers existence depends on continued support from parent company Dwane Sports based in the tax haven that is Jersey"

What?? No! Surely its only the 'teds that are tax dodgers

"Main reason for ⬇️in Bristol Rovers income is 12% fall in matchday receipts"

What?? No! Surely the bestest most loyal fans in the world are turning up in numbers and spending all their benefits on matchdays?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder if the penny will finally drop that they are ran in exactly the same way as us?

image.png

There are still those who think Wally and Co have invested 13mil, overlooking the fact that their investment is secured against the Mem, and that they are lifting 400k a year in interest payments.

• Like 1