IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If their entire existence is dependant on the value of the Mem and how much they can borrow against it,

That might be so in normal business operation but this, remember, is football. If, like us, you've an owner who is prepared to front his own monies at risk they become irrecoverable, then the value of the ground is realitively meaningless. Should Mr Lansdown want his monies back we'd be history, but he's already revealed his stance and the bigger picture on that one. If on the other hand you've an owner without very deep pockets, who is only minded to loan such monies as he's guaranteed to get back, then debts beyond assets is Goodnight Irene. I recall when they were taken over we were told by their gloating fans they were the 6th richest club in the country and were coming for us. What's gone wrong?

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I recall when they were taken over we were told by their gloating fans they were the 6th richest club in the country and were coming for us. What's gone wrong?

Quicker and easier to ask, what's gone right ?  ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kivsy said:

It will be watertight as they say , it will be in safe hands with henbury gas ?

The other Rover's fans have now outed that absolute weapon for the fantasist that he is.

Not only do we think him a knobcheese but they do as well; an embarrassment of a fan with his invented stories and his rose tinted spectacles of sustainability under the AQs.

I don't agree with everyone who posts here but I can't think of anyone who even comes close to Henbury in terms of stupidity, lies, and outright invention.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Quicker and easier to ask, what's gone right ?  ?

First time posting on this thread, but after looking at their latest financial results, what a shambles Rovers are in.

Their stadium isn't really fit for purpose anymore. With no new stadium any time soon in the horizon.They have no training ground, and no real academy of note to bring young players though into the first team.

They are losing money hand over fist(like most clubs to be fair). But their owner has only committed to them for another year. How can they plan anything financial, budget wise when that's the case.

They have no real players of note or value in their team. I know clarke Harris  finished the season well. But hes failed at his last four clubs beforehand. He'll either go at the first sizable bid they get, or dwindle off into the sunset sometime soon. They honestly have no other saleable assets at all. Where are all thwir young players of yesteryear?

They also appear to have no business model, or any idea at all how to get themselves out if this mess. They are slowly but surely drifting downwards and downwards; like a rudderless ship.

I can't fathom where they are going or how next season is going to pan out for them. All the Players they wanted to stay and have offered new contracts to, have turned them down.

I'm getting depressed just writing this. Thank God, we have the club that we have. That's all I can say.

Edited by ncnsbcfc

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

People are getting killed daily in this world and people are worrying about a bit of spray paint....

This sort of thing happens on a daily basis around Bristol. They call it art and have festivals to celebrate it. They should be grateful that it's given them a way into the media, where people can feel sorry for them.

Every wall and public toilet had something sprayed on it in the 70's and 80's, City rule, KWBB, Briz rule, east end boot boys, even the odd Tote end and they were odd.         I don't suppose we've got the toilet walls to spray up any more, due to cutbacks, so the rugby ground is the closest thing.

25 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Their stadium isn't really fit for purpose anymore. With no new stadium any time soon in the horizon.They have no training ground,

You need lateral thinking my friend.

Perchance there's a Film Producer scouting a setting for their new post apocalyptic, zombie romp  - Gas would be quids in (albeit intense action Vs In Tents Inaction.)

They, let us not forget, do have a training ground. If Marvin Hagler built leg muscles of steel running in diving boots on wet sand, just think how fit their players will be training in daps on The Swamp. Surface might make more for a paddling then passing game, but since when did they ever play the latter?

31 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

People are getting killed daily in this world and people are worrying about a bit of spray paint....

Ridiculous agreement. So any crime less than murder shouldn’t be an issue, because people aren’t dying..?!

You don’t agree that this is Embarrasing and stupid..? 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So you believe I really did have a threesome with Rachel Riley and Beyoncé? Ok then. 

Oi that was my plan for next week..! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Good to see they’ve now started the holier than thou rubbish...

Yes it’s a stupid, embarrassing act and I’m not condoning it but they’ve decided to tarnish our whole fan base with it, a bit stupid when you consider the racist abuse and physical abuse of opposition players that they’ve come out with over the last few years...

Hopefully the idiots that did this will be found out and dealt with accordingly but the over the top reaction it has got from them lot is ridiculous 

Banging your head against a brick wall pal. Take their lead , go for a minibus windows; then might they listen. 

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ridiculous agreement. So any crime less than murder shouldn’t be an issue, because people aren’t dying..?!

You don’t agree that this is Embarrasing and stupid..? 

Oi that was my plan for next week..! 

No I agree it is embarrassing and stupid, but there are a lot more important issues going on in Bristol for example. 

Jet wash out, clean it up, job done. Does it really need a police investigaton, or let them deal with more pressing issues?

It Doesn’t need internet hysteria over it, go back 30 years no one would of known about it and everyone on here would have been a lot happier. 

Edited by AshtonPark

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

No I agree it is embarrassing and stupid, but there are a lot more important issues going on in Bristol for example. 

Jet wash out, clean it up, job done. Does it really need a police investigaton, or let them deal with more pressing issues?

It Doesn’t need internet hysteria over it, go back 30 years no one would of known about it and everyone on here would have been a lot happier. 

It wouldn’t need investigating, if some people weren’t such ******* idiots. 

They should be the ones to clean it up. 

I’m sure you’d want something done about it if your house was vandalised. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It wouldn’t need investigating, if some people weren’t such ******* idiots. 

They should be the ones to clean it up. 

I’m sure you’d want something done about it if your house was vandalised. 

The police wouldn’t even come if my house was broken into, let alone if someone put spray paint down the side of my house. What makes a football club different?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The police wouldn’t even come if my house was broken into, let alone if someone put spray paint down the side of my house. What makes a football club different?

That they have dedicated police liaison officers and that it makes the news which means the police feel obliged to be seen to do something.

The crime is worse if a private house has been graffitied because an individual has been targeted whereas this isn't actually targeting anybody except a limited company.

• Like 2