IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

it's the sort of thing I'd have found hilarious about 15 or 20 years ago, now it looks like a cheap move from the bargain bucket. Skulking in to vandalize property under the cover of the night is the action of a scabby little rat! but that said, not going to lose any sleep over it. 

16 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

People are getting killed daily in this world and people are worrying about a bit of spray paint....

The ‘ bit of spray paint ‘ is just the tip of an iceberg of  hate .

As it melts more and more noxious ideas surface with a tacit acceptance.

‘ Well it’s only the Gas ’  becomes ‘ Well it’s only Bristolians ’ which then snowballs .

It is NOT ALRIGHT to violate other people’s property any more than it’s not alright to violate physically people themselves. 

Was it just ‘ a bit of paint ‘ when  the Nazis singled out Jewish houses with the Star of David ?

Acts of incivility start wars and revolutions so I present no excuses for the tone of my post .

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The ‘ bit of spray paint ‘ is just the tip of an iceberg of  hate .

As it melts more and more noxious ideas surface with a tacit acceptance.

‘ Well it’s only the Gas ’  becomes ‘ Well it’s only Bristolians ’ which then snowballs .

It is NOT ALRIGHT to violate other people’s property any more than it’s not alright to violate physically people themselves. 

Was it just ‘ a bit of paint ‘ when  the Nazis singled out Jewish houses with the Star of David ?

Acts of incivility start wars and revolutions so I present no excuses for the tone of my post .

Sorry but comparing some graffiti to the mass killing of millions of Jews is ridiculous...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

We still currently attend all house burglaries where a residential home has been broken into .

I'd expect The Police to do nothing less, however if that is A&S's position I reckon that puts them in a very small minority of forces. With The Met if there's no threat to the occupant and no chance of identifying the culprit (one asks how they might be identified if nobody turns out to investigate or collect forensics,)  they provide a crime reference over the phone and you hear no more.

49 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Sorry but comparing some graffiti to the mass killing of millions of Jews is ridiculous...

I’m pointing out that from small actions much bigger ones are born . 

It was accepted that the Star of David was painted on their properties simply because the owners  were Jewish .

It showed the hâte which lead to violence and destruction.

Burke once said: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

Do you think it’s alright to graffiti the Mem just because it’s the Rovers ? 

Is it Ok to beat up other human beings just because they support another team ? 

Respect is an  unfashionable word but those to whom we don’t show consideration can harbour deep grudges which often explode in violence .

Love and peace people.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

...and should the Atyeo statue be vandalised in the coming weeks you can have a word with this boner.

2C5F1721-C18F-4750-AC47-9F5D7048EA25.jpeg

But is that the famous statue over there or is that the statue that the city fans consider is their statue? Or is it the statue over there, that you over there consider to be your statue? Bloody confusing thing grammar but even worse when you truanted through life over there on the east side

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Just had a chat to  banksey 

he said sorry for painting on the door

and was only trying to help the club raise 63000 to keep them floating for a extra week 

Think we need to start spreading the news about it being a Banksy work. 

Someone will then come along and cut the door and shutters out.

That’ll mean the attendances will go back up to where they were before they stopped the free entry scam, so The Sags can once again claim to be the best supported Club in Europe. Wally will also save on demolition costs meaning a 50,000 seat UWE stadium bordered by a camel race track and a few beds of cactus  is now a viable proposition. 

11 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Holier than thou.....of course they are....with very short memories. Always the victim!

Whoever does this sort of thing is a ********. They can be found at all clubs....Rovers definitely included.

On Sagchat one of their posters refers to City as the “Family Club”....umm no mate. That’s like us calling Gasheads “ ‘Teds”

78152526-5A76-41A1-9CD8-CC8DEAFBECF7.thumb.jpeg.8bcb461efcc07c6b84f80f055f9356f3.jpeg

One of them on Asschat posted another one these that was defaced, imagine my shock that it’s been totally ignored as if it wasn’t even posted.

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"Sorry guys, no story behind this, was just wearing the kit whilst in the gym.  After all, they made me pay for it so I may as well get some wear out of it".

The post story is almost as funny. He was only wearing it because the gym owner gave him and his mate a discount if they wore it.

• Haha 1