IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

They're putting the band back together  !

Probably blown their budget on Little, no way they'd be able to afford Fielding as well!!

Can see him signing for one of the promoted clubs.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Probably blown their budget on Little, no way they'd be able to afford Fielding as well!!

Can see him signing for one of the promoted clubs.

FF is not going to Rovers.  I believe he has moved, or is in the process of moving, from the area.  Presumably using the Little's moving service.

I assume he has a club lined up.

He is far too good for them anyway.  18/19 first choice keeper for established Championship side. 19/20 playing for struggling L1 side with no money.  Yeah, right.

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

To be honest, they effect nobody who thinks the same way as you in any manner whatsoever do they.

They are therefore irrelevant to you surely as I am not aware of anything occurring home or away associated directly with the so called CSF.

I'm sure most people who spray swastikas on walls aren't card carrying Nazis either.

Lighten up mate. Incidents of genuine FV are reducing despite the efforts of OB to pretend otherwise.

Very safe place to take the kids nowadays.

My comment relates to anyone who wants to be involved in football disorder. The CSF have a history that is well documented.

In a general sense, yes it does affect me directly. What sort of people do you think were involved in the trouble v Swansea? 

12 hours ago, Loon plage said:

To be honest, they effect nobody who thinks the same way as you in any manner whatsoever do they.

They are therefore irrelevant to you surely as I am not aware of anything occurring home or away associated directly with the so called CSF.

Football violence affects all football fans directly - why do you think normal fans are treated differently by government, police etc to every other sport?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Football violence affects all football fans directly - why do you think normal fans are treated differently by government, police etc to every other sport?

yep, those knuckle dragging morons are the reason football is over policed and doesn't get the freedoms you get watching cricket or rugby,

13 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I personally believe the police behave as they do at football matches simply  because they can.

Ask a Welsh copper about rugby internationals in Cardiff and they will tell you there is far more trouble than at CCFC yet they handle such matches with kid gloves.

My point is Rich that we have an incident of some kids with a spray can which unfortunately happens all over Bristol, usually affecting normal people far more often than FV yet on this occasion because its the rovers ground and the words "csf" are sprayed it's deemed newsworthy to the extent that a well known chap puts out a massively tongue in cheek "statement" that the Bristol Post and gasheads actually consider some kind of formal announcement.

Funny as **** and no one was hurt in the making of it either...

• Like 5

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yep, those knuckle dragging morons are the reason football is over policed and doesn't get the freedoms you get watching cricket or rugby,

@Monkeh Assume you realise the Vitaility Stadium is very close to be a dry area due to number of incidents during internationals - will be the first sporting ground in the UK

46 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

@richwwtk 100% wrong

I can only assume you don't watch many rugby or cricket matches?

Anyway this thread is about the crap lot up the road. . .

35 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

My point is Rich that we have an incident of some kids with a spray can which unfortunately happens all over Bristol, usually affecting normal people far more often than FV yet on this occasion because its the rovers ground and the words "csf" are sprayed it's deemed newsworthy to the extent that a well known chap puts out a massively tongue in cheek "statement" that the Bristol Post and gasheads actually consider some kind of formal announcement.

Now that I agree with, but it has bugger all to do with football violence (tenuous csf link aside)

Graffiti like that is common in many places around all cities and barely raises comment. This was blown out of proportion agreed.

• Like 1

How little things change over the years.  This is Whorefields history on Wiki:

The name is Anglo-Saxon in origin, and means "filthy open land" (Old English horu and feld).[2]

Horfield was a parish in the hundred of Berkeley in Gloucestershire, which included Bishopston, Golden Hill, Lockleaze and part of Ashley Down.[3]

Historically, the area had a reputation as a lawless place because Horfield Wood was the haunt of thieves and vagrants. The area remained rural until the early 19th century.

Following the 1831 Bristol Riots, during which the local gaol burnt down, Horfield Prison was completed in 1847. A permanent military presence was established in the city with the completion of Horfield Barracks also in 1847.[4]

• Flames 1

From that pointless football rumours site. 

23 May 2019 10:55:52
BRFC - Watch out for take over bid coming soon. Dwane Sports in talks with hospitality company Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The American company are about to take over a major Bristol Hotel and are keen to promote Bristol as a major world tourism destination. Exciting times.

15 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

From that pointless football rumours site. 

23 May 2019 10:55:52
BRFC - Watch out for take over bid coming soon. Dwane Sports in talks with hospitality company Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The American company are about to take over a major Bristol Hotel and are keen to promote Bristol as a major world tourism destination. Exciting times.

Yes this was discussed a few pages back, I suggested that the hotel was going to be the new one SL builds at the Gate:)

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Why would a hotel chain want to buy a place full of tents?

Pointless; just like the rumour

Because they want to build a big hotel on it.

Note that they are cited as talking to Dwane Sports rather than to Bristol Rovers.

Dwane Sports has the only charge over the Memorial Ground and a big debt that it wants to get back.

The hotel chain doesn't want a football club and won't be buying one; it will however be interested in buying the land on which to build a hotel from Dwane Sports.

Steve Hamer had better start talking nicely to Bath City.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Steve Hamer had better start talking nicely to Bath City.

I caught a bit of this on the local news last night, about half way through I heard ground development and student flats. I thought this sounded familiar so started watching and realised it was Bath City. My first thoughts were ‘bloody hell the Gas will be right on to that’ . 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, RedM said:

I caught a bit of this on the local news last night, about half way through I heard ground development and student flats. I thought this sounded familiar so startedcwatching and realised it was Bath City. My first thoughts were ‘bloody hell the Gas will be right on to that’ . 

Me too, I wondered if there was some distant plan to make Trumpton up to football league standard so Rovers could shift East over there?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Me too, I wondered if there was some distant plan to make Trumpton up to football league standard so Rovers could shift East over there?

IF Bath get the go ahead, we all know what’s going to happen. Bath City will be financially screwed, along comes Wally waving a Tenner and the Gas have a home again, after squatting there for a season or two.

Trouble is for the Gas, this development will take years and I don’t think they have years. Unless they want to muscle in soon on the pretence of a joint venture?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

IF Bath get the go ahead, we all know what’s going to happen. Bath City will be financially screwed, along comes Wally waving a Tenner and the Gas have a home again, after squatting there for a season or two.

Trouble is for the Gas, this development will take years and I don’t think they have years. Unless they want to muscle in soon on the pretence of a joint venture?

Stranger things have happened...

'Can we play here whilst we sort the Mem out? We'll pay you...'

'Aye, go on then...'

And then Wally puts up the for sale sign on the memorial gates and rides off on the camel with most of his money back.

• Haha 1