IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

The Bristol Rovers “Official Historian” ladies and gentleman...

What an ignorant twit. Maybe he should stick to writing about the Gas? They are going to the dogs and will soon be a footnote to history anyway...

1D120598-539E-4F75-9E8F-2194A5F38BE7.jpeg

I'm tempted to ask this idiot at what point he deems it acceptable to no longer be responible for the errors of one's forefathers; 100 years, 500 years, never? How can they live with themselves? Probably the same as him enduring endless, sleepless nights in consideration of the Anglo - Spanish war of 1585 and conflicts since.

No wonder they live in past - as Andre correctly points out that's all the have soon anyway.....

• Like 1

EP reporting that Rovers have lost their front of shirt sponsor, Football Index, for 2019/2020.

"As it is, they have now opted to sponsor Nottingham Forest, and Neil Kelly, CEO of Football Index's parent company BetIndex, was pleased to confirm the deal.

He said: “We’re thrilled to have Football Index front and centre on the new Nottingham Forest kit - a club steeped in history with an expansive and proud fanbase."

Unlike the rabble you were sponsoring last season clearly?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bert tann said:

So someone is proposing to put in a planning application for a new football stadium on a site they don't currently own but which they would be able to acquire if Dwane Sports Ltd could be pressurised into "doing the right thing".

This rumour seems to be gathering some momentum... 

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

What have I missed? 

As I understand it, Bristol Fruit Market will plant vegetable and herb crops on the pitch at the Memorial Ground selling the ensuing produce at the weekly car boot sale. Hyatt Regency will build a state of the art hotel on the site of the fruit market at St Phillips, incorporating a football stadium on the roof. The Colony will be turned into a tropical oasis growing exotic fruits. Wally's vision will finally um bear fruit.

These things take thyme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

EP reporting that Rovers have lost their front of shirt sponsor, Football Index, for 2019/2020.

Doubtless they'll follow Streatham Rovers fine example of entering into an arrangement with 'Herod Eviction Services' or other  such quality partner.

19 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

As I understand it, Bristol Fruit Market will plant vegetable and herb crops on the pitch at the Memorial Ground selling the ensuing produce at the weekly car boot sale. Hyatt Regency will build a state of the art hotel on the site of the fruit market at St Phillips, incorporating a football stadium on the roof. The Colony will be turned into a tropical oasis growing exotic fruits. Wally's vision will finally um bear fruit.

These things take thyme.

Would be mint if this was to happen :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14498/

Though it may just be an excuse for puns.

Oh no, what have I said?

Check out Tomylil’s post currently at the bottom of page one on that thread:

“ .... to accommodate 25,000 spectators...” 

Not content with recently telling the world on radio they are bigger than Chelsea and Arsenal - they will now get 25k crowds in div 3 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Check out Tomylil’s post currently at the bottom of page one on that thread:

“ .... to accommodate 25,000 spectators...” 

Not content with recently telling the world on radio they are bigger than Chelsea and Arsenal - they will now get 25k crowds in div 3 

That is probably realistic if ever they play our U21’s in the Johnson Daf Windscreens Cup or if Rob Stewart, Fake That or the Spyce Girls hold a concert there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, with revenue streams like these going to the Mem, I think it's fair to say we've been wasting out time with these fancy concerts.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14533/murder-mystery

"If it was to be as well attended as the Nations Cup at the Mem last night (11 people, we almost had a screen each) I'm not really surprised." :rofl2br:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

"If it was to be as well attended as the Nations Cup at the Mem last night (11 people, we almost had a screen each) I'm not really surprised." :rofl2br:

11 people to watch football, probably served by two staff - unless these 11 people drank like George Best and Oliver Reed, you wonder how they would have broken even.

As for the Murder Mystery night... they really don't help themselves.

3 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

Thread goes on to say if they'd bought a couple of sausage rolls each they might have broken even, however the kitchens were already in use so it sounds like someone went down the chippy!

#comingforus

Edited by BS3City
typo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unan said:

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 12.14.24.png

I can tell you from experience what it's like to play a men against women match. I used to play in Bath and district Sunday league. During one of our practice sessions, on the next pitch we're Bath uni women's practicing. They appoched us and asked if we fancied a practice game and so we did. They absolutely smashed us! They don't piss about at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

I can tell you from experience what it's like to play a men against women match. I used to play in Bath and district Sunday league. During one of our practice sessions, on the next pitch we're Bath uni women's practicing. They appoched us and asked if we fancied a practice game and so we did. They absolutely smashed us! They don't piss about at all. 

I tell you what they’ll happily leave a foot in for a tackle. Having reffed woman’s football they are more fearless in a tackle that’s for sure. The only thing I’d say is it’s slightly slower. But actual skill there’s not much difference. 

Man City Woman’s would probably beat rag ass rovers!!

4 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I tell you what they’ll happily leave a foot in for a tackle. Having reffed woman’s football they are more fearless in a tackle that’s for sure. The only thing I’d say is it’s slightly slower. But actual skill there’s not much difference. 

Man City Woman’s would probably beat rag ass rovers!!

I think where  Women’s football falls down is in the Goalkeeper position. 

• Like 5