IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I tell you what they’ll happily leave a foot in for a tackle. Having reffed woman’s football they are more fearless in a tackle that’s for sure. The only thing I’d say is it’s slightly slower. But actual skill there’s not much difference. 

Man City Woman’s would probably beat rag ass rovers!!

A couple of years ago FC Dallas U15 team beat the USA National Women's team 5-2. 

I think there is a sizeable disparity between men's and women's football and you'd have to go quite far down to some really poor sides to find a men's side that would lose to a women's side. 

So yes, the fewers would probably lose. 

• Haha 2

If you want a right laugh read the last half a dozen or so pages of their `Will he turn up?` thread.

Fighting like rabid rats in a sack!

One of them does have one thing right though - he says if we`d been relegated to the conference the rioting in south Bristol would have made the national news and we wouldn`t have just sucked it up like they did.

Oh, my days! An idea to have a prize draw for away fans ONLY to fund a roof at Chernobyl.

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite
yesterday at 12:33pm
BishopstonBRFC, nickster, and 4 morelike this
Small one - An idea I thought of before and has come back to me is as follows “50/50 draw for away fans only” raise a roof! 

Similar to what we did with the blackthorn end but for away fans only! Small extra income for the club each week to go towards a roof for away fans. Won’t cost the club anything (clearly have been reluctant to spend on that over the years) and will improve facilities for travelling fans! Better facilities equals more away fans, more away fans equals more money.
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Oh, my days! An idea to have a prize draw for away fans ONLY to fund a roof at Chernobyl.

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite
Small one - An idea I thought of before and has come back to me is as follows “50/50 draw for away fans only” raise a roof! 

Similar to what we did with the blackthorn end but for away fans only! Small extra income for the club each week to go towards a roof for away fans. Won’t cost the club anything (clearly have been reluctant to spend on that over the years) and will improve facilities for travelling fans! Better facilities equals more away fans, more away fans equals more money.

That’s the sags in a nutshell: always had big plans, just needed someone else to pay for it.

Away fans are a new low for them though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

That’s the sags in a nutshell: always had big plans, just needed someone else to pay for it.

Away fans are a new low for them though. 

the club is an embarrassment to Bristol, the Football League, football itself and dare I say society as a whole - I would say I wish they would toddle off to the Southern League ASAP but the clubs there don’t deserve that “privilege”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Totally agree with you.

Most of the football is terrific.Skill levels superb but as yet I haven’t seen a top top keeper.

Anyone out there who may know who the outstanding keeper is.

Yep, the ones I have seen just serm to stand there and watch the ball go into the net. May just as well not be there.

That said, the Womens game seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds, though with sexism seemingly banned everywhere, I'm not sure why any have not signed for an EFL team.  Would the EFL allow their registration or are they sexist.

On the other hand, maybe I could sign up to play in a womens team.  That could be fun, especially the communal bathtub after ?

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite

******* no shame those pricks. Ever since getting evicted from the dog track they’ve been walking around with a begging bowl. Vermin. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite

E05C07A4-09CD-4030-A182-5C689F745B2E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Redsi2 said:

So get someone else to pay for their ground developments again!! What planet are they on?

From the various business plans (sic) being worked up clearly one light years from reality.

In another thread they also came up with this (spend time to think it through as the more you do the more utterly bewildering you'll conclude the mind of a Gashead:)

"I don't believe they were lying when they said finance wasn't as issue. I think they believed it wouldn't be, although the necessary investors had not been found."

Edited by BTRFTG

So they’ve cancelled a Murder Mystery event as not enough people paid in advance then one poster says it wasn’t publicised so people didn’t know. I think he has a valid point, tinpot what. 

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

So they’ve cancelled a Murder Mystery event as not enough people paid in advance then one poster says it wasn’t publicised so people didn’t know. I think he has a valid point, tinpot what. 

They should have a stadium mystery night. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

So how few advanced season ticket sales would it take for them to pull the plug in next season?

They must have breathed a mighty sigh of relief when Sunderland and Pompey didn`t go up. At least they still have two high (by their standards) gates for next season which ought to cover the electricity bill for a week or two.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RedM said:

Maybe if they tried advertising their home fixtures more, that would help them get enough people to cover the costs of games too..! 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe if they tried advertising their home fixtures more, that would help them get enough people to cover the costs of games too..! 

Good point. But even basic advertising isn’t free, except perhaps word of mouth. It just shows how cash strapped they must be not to invest in a few flyers. ‘Build it and they will come’ maybe, but people have got to know about it first. 

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

No need to advertise, if they play in the streets they will watch from the pavements, remember??!  Clueless morons.

Yeah, because they won’t need to buy tickets..! 

Pavements would provide uncovered, inadequate surroundings, with no seating or commercial revenue making options. 

They should feel right at home..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite

Sunderland fans will pay for it, because they LOVE THEM.

They really are far more tinpot than we give them discredit for.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite

I have a better idea for them. They should get everyone of their fans who get locked out of away grounds every other week to pay a quid. They'd have at least a million quid from just one game alone. Missing a trick here I reckon. 

#ComingForUs. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Higgs

In box number 1

With the watertight contract

imo.

• Haha 1