IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

“A good thread, I have offered the club a bit of money, wanted to get the thatchers roof extended so that it covers the family stand , thereby converting this stand from an embarrassing tent into a proper stand, also get more seating in the ground so that more of the south stand could be given over to away supporters giving them more choice of whether to stand or sit thereby bringing in more income. It is difficult to cover the away end a stand was going to be put in there last season but it would have interfered with views from the dribuild.TG is ment to be contacting me to arrange a meeting, so any good ideas on here such as selling more food inside the ground from mobile points, I will raise with the club I will also ask about fund raising from supporters, although when I have done this before I was told the owners didn't need money, but things may have changed since then”

hard to to think that this is a mahoosive football league club taking about fundraising and not some Sunday league pub team. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Oh, my days! An idea to have a prize draw for away fans ONLY to fund a roof at Chernobyl.

quartered Avatar
quartered
Fans' Favourite
yesterday at 12:33pm
BishopstonBRFC, nickster, and 4 morelike this
Small one - An idea I thought of before and has come back to me is as follows “50/50 draw for away fans only” raise a roof! 

Similar to what we did with the blackthorn end but for away fans only! Small extra income for the club each week to go towards a roof for away fans. Won’t cost the club anything (clearly have been reluctant to spend on that over the years) and will improve facilities for travelling fans! Better facilities equals more away fans, more away fans equals more money.

If ever there is a post to completely sum up a Sag and their ideas of improving their facilities this is IT!

For aslong as I’ve known that shambles of a club and it’s moronic following they are always wanting everything for fvck all. 

W4nkers

• Like 1

Just found these 2 belting posts on Sagchat. You won’t find a fanbase quite like them anywhere. Just plain weirdo’s.....

Yeah, I recall playing a sunday league match, and there was a bloke from the opposite team who had his 6 or 7 year old son with him, and they were saying stuff like, Gasheads are scum, and, kick all Gasheads in the head,' and nonsense like that. So, I thought I'd join the banter, and told him I was a Gashead, and his son, literally, tried to kick me in the head, while he looked on approvingly.

There's not a lot of hope for people like that.

That’s correct a 6/7 year old attempting to kick a fully grown Sag in the head!! The lengths these morons go to make them feel superior ???

And another.....

Yeah , personally I love the rivalry with the sh**, some of my best mates are shitheads , but they never show off sbout having more money than us or a better stadium because they know we’ve got our identity and are proud of who we are.
Considering how much better their facilities are , their stadium , their budget they actually aren’t that far ahead of us in the league.
One sh**e season for them and a great one for us and we’d go above them , things change quickly in football.

There we have it, GasLogic telling us that they really are still coming for us. We don’t show off about our clubs facilities or our spending power over them as we don’t want to embarrass ourselves because they have their identity and are proud of who they are, well we may aswell give up now if that’s the case, how can we possibly compete with that?! 

Also well done to him for pointing out that despite our far bigger stadium and budget to what they have we really aren’t that far apart in League terms, well you thick ****t if that’s the way you want to look at it, we really aren’t that far behind Man City either,  as one bad season and all that :facepalm: rather than try to compare yourselves to us, to which you really can’t no matter how hard you try, focus on trying to keep those tents from flying down Muller Road.

Your lightyears behind us now, without a decent stadium bringing in extra revenue you’ve missed the boat in regards to getting into the Championship let alone staying there, little clubs like yours have no hope. We won’t be seeing you anytime soon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s true, yet women seem to make fine wicket keepers where similar skills are needed - I’ve always found that strange ...

Only last year, no less a judge than Adam Gilchrist rated Sarah Taylor as the best wicketkeeper, male or female, in international cricket.

• Like 4

They don’t understand that football is ever increasingly about the haves and the have nots.

I’m not saying that’s a good thing, but that’s reality. We have done an Indiana Jones and squeezed under the door with seconds to spare by getting our new stadium and all that will goes with it through the future expansion plans. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Just found these 2 belting posts on Sagchat. You won’t find a fanbase quite like them anywhere. Just plain weirdo’s.....

Yeah, I recall playing a sunday league match, and there was a bloke from the opposite team who had his 6 or 7 year old son with him, and they were saying stuff like, Gasheads are scum, and, kick all Gasheads in the head,' and nonsense like that. So, I thought I'd join the banter, and told him I was a Gashead, and his son, literally, tried to kick me in the head, while he looked on approvingly.

There's not a lot of hope for people like that.

That’s correct a 6/7 year old attempting to kick a fully grown Sag in the head!! The lengths these morons go to make them feel superior ???

And another.....

Yeah , personally I love the rivalry with the sh**, some of my best mates are shitheads , but they never show off sbout having more money than us or a better stadium because they know we’ve got our identity and are proud of who we are.
Considering how much better their facilities are , their stadium , their budget they actually aren’t that far ahead of us in the league.
One sh**e season for them and a great one for us and we’d go above them , things change quickly in football.

There we have it, GasLogic telling us that they really are still coming for us. We don’t show off about our clubs facilities or our spending power over them as we don’t want to embarrass ourselves because they have their identity and are proud of who they are, well we may aswell give up now if that’s the case, how can we possibly compete with that?! 

Also well done to him for pointing out that despite our far bigger stadium and budget to what they have we really aren’t that far apart in League terms, well you thick ****t if that’s the way you want to look at it, we really aren’t that far behind Man City either,  as one bad season and all that :facepalm: rather than try to compare yourselves to us, to which you really can’t no matter how hard you try, focus on trying to keep those tents from flying down Muller Road.

Your lightyears behind us now, without a decent stadium bringing in extra revenue you’ve missed the boat in regards to getting into the Championship let alone staying there, little clubs like yours have no hope. We won’t be seeing you anytime soon.

Unless they find a rich Arab to buy them ...

oh wait ! 

19 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes I don't know what it is about keepers in the women's game, but it does seem that the - admittedly very few- games I watch the standard of keeper is pretty poor.

The main reason is that they are women playing a game that is design for men! I didn’t mean that in sexist way but they playing the game on a mans pitch, being female they’re not as strong as men, not as fast and a big one for keepers they’re Reaction times are not as quick! 

I think women’s football would improve immeasurably if they played on slightly smaller pitches and slightly smaller Goal posts!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Only last year, no less a judge than Adam Gilchrist rated Sarah Taylor as the best wicketkeeper, male or female, in international cricket.

Obviously never saw Jack Russell in his pomp, many times you couldn't tell whether the batsman had been stumped or bowled .

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

The main reason is that they are women playing a game that is design for men! I didn’t mean that in sexist way but they playing the game on a mans pitch, being female they’re not as strong as men, not as fast and a big one for keepers they’re Reaction times are not as quick! 

I think women’s football would improve immeasurably if they played on slightly smaller pitches and slightly smaller Goal posts!

A very good point.

This adjustment also applies to a couple of other sports:

Golf - women's tees are closer to the hole. This sensibly recognises that women can't hit the ball as far but their game, as a result, is as interesting to watch as the men's.

Tennis - I think there's a case for making men's courts bigger as these days it's just a serving competition. The court however is the ideal size for the women's game and as a result, IMHO, women's tennis is better to watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

.Yeah , personally I love the rivalry with the sh**, some of my best mates are shitheads , but they never show off sbout having more money than us or a better stadium because they know we’ve got our identity and are proud of who we are.

There we have it, GasLogic telling us that they really are still coming for us. We don’t show off about our clubs facilities or our spending power over them as we don’t want to embarrass ourselves because they have their identity and are proud of who they are, well we may aswell give up now if that’s the case, how can we possibly compete with that?

I suspect this guys ‘mates’ don’t take the piss out of him anymore out of pity plus the novelty of watching him crying and shitting himself in rage may have worn off.

Luckily for us we not only have the fanbase, stadium and ambitious owner but  also our identity which we are also very proud of.

Bristol City, Robins, Red and White, over a Century in our spiritual home AND the Football League.

I’ll happily take that over a quirky shirt, stolen ‘anthem’, stolen ‘stadium’ and an unflattering nickname any day of the week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

A very good point.

This adjustment also applies to a couple of other sports:

Golf - women's tees are closer to the hole. This sensibly recognises that women can't hit the ball as far but their game, as a result, is as interesting to watch as the men's.

Tennis - I think there's a case for making men's courts bigger as these days it's just a serving competition. The court however is the ideal size for the women's game and as a result, IMHO, women's tennis is better to watch.

Women throw smaller shot putts, lighter and smaller javelins and have lower hurdles with less space between them. I think the goal is only thing I would suggest should be changed, pitches can, after all, be made bigger or smaller by the home team to suit. 

I watched the highlights of the WWC so far and at least two goals were long range chips which were down to the size of the keeper. There was a similar effort by another player, but the goalkeeper was much taller and dealt with it well.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Women throw smaller shot putts, lighter and smaller javelins and have lower hurdles with less space between them. I think the goal is only thing I would suggest should be changed, pitches can, after all, be made bigger or smaller by the home team to suit. 

I watched the highlights of the WWC so far and at least two goals were long range chips which were down to the size of the keeper. There was a similar effort by another player, but the goalkeeper was much taller and dealt with it well.

I think the City ladies keeper is only about 5'6" although very good.

I'd agree with the changing of the goal sizes and playing on the smallest ptich width/length.

It can only help the womens game in the long term.

Re the size of goals - There was a debate some years back (not sure where) suggesting that average heights have increased by around 10cm since football was first played competitively.  Therefore, mens’ goals should be increased in size by a similar percentage relative to new average heights. It was claimed that’s why there were so many high scoring games in years gone by compared to now  

So by that token, perhaps the size of goal is about right for the women’s game and it’s the men who have the wrong size instead?

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Re the size of goals - There was a debate some years back (not sure where) suggesting that average heights have increased by around 10cm since football was first played competitively.  Therefore, mens’ goals should be increased in size by a similar percentage relative to new average heights. It was claimed that’s why there were so many high scoring games in years gone by compared to now  

So by that token, perhaps the size of goal is about right for the women’s game and it’s the men who have the wrong size instead?

I'm not sure Frankie would agree with you on this.

Anyway....back to the Sags eh?  ?

Edited by 42nite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Yep - could argue for a bigger goal for men, or just accept the same size goal for both as clubs having to have sets of different sized goals for male and female teams is just too awkward and expensive especially for schools, youth teams etc.

5 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Watched a TV programme about 12 years ago on this very subject. After doing the comparisons on a average goalkeepers heights they enlarged the goals pro rata. They were huge. They then played games on the newly sized goals and it wasn't until the second halves that the players adjusted to this and then the shots started raining in and the goals scored increased significantly.

• Like 2