IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

There's a trend developing here.

First, Little expects to get paid and now Davis moves from a club with no ground to a club that will shortly have no ground.

Shall you tell him or shall I?

Sounds like the Wealdstone Raider strikes again!

You're shit, you've got no ground & you've got no fans!

Add to that,  you've got no row M, you've got no training ground, you've got no money . . .

Oh, except for the £250,000 the fake fekirs take out of the club to fund the mmysterious London ivory tower and the £75,000 a year they pay that old tosser to troll out bluff and guff.

It's plainly obvious to everybody with even an ounce of knowledge that they're gleefully pissing in every sags pocket. What a shame then your average sag has limited brain cells.

10 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Let’s just break that down.....

history.....none to speak of, a perennial lower league club 

silverware......league one title over 30 years ago

recent history.....a non league club not long ago and two promotions to get to the bottom half of league one

stadium.....accepted, even by most of their own fans, as one of the worst grounds in the country 

facilities......none. No proper training facilities, currently training in a park 

support.....regardless of their own delusion, have only hit over 10,000 a handful of times in decades. Currently averaging about 8,000

ownership..... fake sheik who has little to no available money to invest, losing thousands every week, only asset tied in to club debt

Potential.......trying to compete with a city rival that is an established championship club pushing for the prem, owned by a “real” billionaire fan who has provided a 27,000 stadium, good performing academy, soon to be prem standard trading facilities, sanctioning multi-million pound transfers in conjunction with record season ticket sales and home attendances of nearly 22,000

So Mr Davies.....please feel free to qualify your statement of “the size of the club”

Fake news , it was 29 years ago :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bless em.

They are talking about Coventry being their feeder club.

What they have failed to notice, is that players deemed not good enough for Coventry, end up at Rovers on a free.

Have a Coventry mate who actually rates Davies highly. New manager came in and didn't rate him so that was that. And tbf to them the other Coventry signings have turned out decent, especially Clarke-Harris. 

They're doing a lot of early business which is unusual for them, and we all know Little is actually a very good signing for them, despite his lack of playing time at Bolton. 

Despite my praise of sorts, let's keep a couple of things in perspective. My "decent," I mean decent for them. Mid-table League 1 quality, around where Coventry are at the moment tbf. Of course if he could never dream of trying to compete with the likes of Webster or Kalas. But I suppose the Gas have made some good signings so far, but of course looking at the larger picture, I think we should all be rooting for them to be signing great players! Of course it's the Gas so none of these high-quality players will perform whilst taking a chunk off the wage bill, spiralling them into more debt and then voile, the Gas will be gone. 

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bless em.

They are talking about Coventry being their feeder club.

What they have failed to notice, is that players deemed not good enough for Coventry, end up at Rovers on a free.

It’s hilarious that their new recruitment bloke from , yes we all know Coventry City , is scouring the football world to sign ...

Coventry City rejects .

Boy is that fella earning his corn .

What’s that Waël  ? We need a new keeper ? 

«  Coventry City football club good morning , how can I help ? «  

«  Yeah , it’s me again, they want a keeper now . « 

• Like 1

It sounds as though it was a laugh a minute last night ...

"Spoke to two fans who attended last nights AGM. Apparently well over a hundred did attend. Both said it was shambolic and disorganised. No Hamer as on holiday and Mike Turner who chaired meeting had to leave before the end ! He was so softly spoken few could hear him and he had no microphone. Apparently the auditors were not invited as a fee would have had to be paid and Directors said rarely are they ever asked questions. Many of the audience said they wanted to ask them questions about accounts and the lateness being prepared.

Many of the motions were voted against or failed to get interest from many of the shareholders which was not normal for AGMs. There were exchanges with Supporters Club who have been asking the club for share certificates to confirm the BRSC Share Scheme actually owned them. Club said this was in hand to lots of amusement. Directors confirmed no more ground improvements planned.

Manager was away but Joe Dunne the new Assistant manager added some humour to proceedings. Both Wael and CEO said little or nothing till the final minutes of the meeting. Wael to assure fans not to listen to unfounded rumours stirred up by those trying to undermine him.

Widdrington confirmed two imminent signings one a young pro from a lower league club.

Many shareholders came away feeling our Club was being served by few if any who wanted to improve things."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

IMany of the motions were voted against or failed to get interest from many of the shareholders which was not normal for AGMs. There were exchanges with Supporters Club who have been asking the club for share certificates to confirm the BRSC Share Scheme actually owned them. Club said this was in hand to lots of amusement. Directors confirmed no more ground improvements planned.

You can hardly blame those in charge of the gas for this - they have just done so many improvements to their ground over recent years! ??

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

No Hamer as on holiday 

So let me get this right - the company held its AGM on a date The Chairman was unable to attend?

In any normal enterprise that would see the shareholders cashing in immediately. It's unsurprising the auditors didn't attend as they wouldn't normally address the shareholders, rather provide info for which the Board reps might respond.

19 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Edited by BTRFTG

14 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The Gas Hit Squad, feared the world over ...

"Joe Dunne, assistant manager, talked a lot of sense, very passionate. Told us some stories about his previous visits to the Mem with other teams and how the crowd basically scared the crap out of his Cambridge team a couple of seasons ago in league 2."

I’d be scared playing in front of the crowd at the Mem , we’ve all seen ‘ The Walking Dead ‘ . 

56 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I'd only be scared playing at the Mem on a windy day...

Our stand's flappy
Flap along if you feel it's like a room without a roof
Because it's flappy
Flap along if you feel like Wael doesn't tell the truth
Because it's flappy
Flap along if you no longer know what happiness is to you
Because it's flappy
Flap along if you don't have a f'kin clue what to do.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I do admire Rovers business plan though, making themselves seem like an attractive club by signing from non-league and the only two clubs that will be in League 1 that are less appealing than the sags given current issues (Bolton and Coventry). 

I wish they’d get Harry Redknapp involved somehow, just to finish them off..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So they have signed a player from Eastleigh after his contract expired. They are not planning on spending any money on improvements to tent town. The training ground is still.... well, is it really anything? 

Biggest bestist richest most supported club in Bristol mind.

• Like 1

So going by a couple of Sags who attended last night all Wally could muster was ‘ignore all the hearsay and rumours, as they haven’t got the club’s best interests at heart’ ?

As for their Supporters Club only a couple bothered to stand up and speak, yet instead of asking WTF is going on they just threw a couple of accusations towards Wally’s way which were shouted down by the majority who were there (all 60 of them) 

So as if we didn’t already know, they had the perfect opportunity to give the Camel Toucher and the rest of the clowns on their board (no Chairman though he couldn’t be assed and was on holiday!) a proper grilling but yet again do fvck all but bend over and take another shafting.

Getting exactly the poxy little club that they deserve.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Just read the AGM thread on asschat and in one post Wael is quoted as saying that for every £100 they spend £97 on wages. I can’t see how that is possible as there is a ruling you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages. Have they been cheating or is Wael lying?

The more intelligent ones can see that they're in the endgame now and are just hoping that there's a club left to support in three years' time.

I don't get the impression that Wael would lie; more that he doesn't understand accountancy.  There was that previous statement about how they couldn't put money into the club other than as a secured loan because they only owned 92% of the club.

Whisper it but the "lovely man" may be thick as two short planks.

11 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Just read the AGM thread on asschat and in one post Wael is quoted as saying that for every £100 they spend £97 on wages. I can’t see how that is possible as there is a ruling you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages. Have they been cheating or is Wael lying?

I don't think the split between player wages and 'staff' wages has ever been made clear.

So the chances are, Wallys loans the club money (secured against the Mem - ergo, no lose) which interest in charged against, plus he takes a salary.

Sure one of the money experts on here can give you a better answer though.

15 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

There are sanctions (though ill-defined and rarely exercised) and take care as we weren't holier than thou for a certain period ...

I find it amazing how hammy the hamster didn't attend their AGM. I read somewhere that he gets paid £75,000 a year. Not bad return for a bullshitter in an ill fitting suit.

Not that I really care but have they sorted out where they'll be training next season or is it Eastville Park? They'll be right at home with all the other dog shit.

What an absolute joke of a club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I find it amazing how hammy the hamster didn't attend their AGM. I read somewhere that he gets paid £75,000 a year. Not bad return for a bullshitter in an ill fitting suit.

Not that I really care but have they sorted out where they'll be training next season or is it Eastville Park? They'll be right at home with all the other dog shit.

What an absolute joke of a club.

Epic Bantz. ?  

• Confused 1