IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Paying 97 quid for every 100 earnt

thats 97% of turnover on wages where they are only aloud to spend 60%

that will explain the delay in the accounts (hiding them from the football league)

if this is true expect serious sanctions next season from the football league for ffp breaches

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

that will explain the delay in the accounts (hiding them from the football league)

if this is true expect serious sanctions next season from the football league for ffp breaches

The thing is, despite there probably being a huge issue they're trying to hide, Wally speaks so much bullshit it wouldn't surprise me if those figures are completely wrong.

If it is correct, then you're right the football league should come down on them hard. There's just no point in fining them as they won't be able to afford it on those figures.....

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Our stand's flappy
Flap along if you feel it's like a room without a roof
Because it's flappy
Flap along if you feel like Wael doesn't tell the truth
Because it's flappy
Flap along if you no longer know what happiness is to you
Because it's flappy
Flap along if you don't have a f'kin clue what to do.

You sound obsessed with flaps Mr Hucker . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just read the AGM thread on asschat and in one post Wael is quoted as saying that for every £100 they spend £97 on wages. I can’t see how that is possible as there is a ruling you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages. Have they been cheating or is Wael lying?

IF that's true they are royally screwed and are have a hangman's noose around their necks.  Legs will be dangling soon. 

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It certainly all sounds pretty grim and does make me really wonder how things may end. I can always find a match to watch somewhere on a Saturday but at 54 years old, trying to find a circle of friends who I have met at Rovers for decades may not be quite so easy.

Why not join  a new circle of friends ? 

You know you are our favourite Gashead . 

Bring the other reprobates too, you can suffer at a higher level in comfort.

:yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It certainly all sounds pretty grim and does make me really wonder how things may end. I can always find a match to watch somewhere on a Saturday but at 54 years old, trying to find a circle of friends who I have met at Rovers for decades may not be quite so easy.

Our season tickets are still on sale. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There's always going to be a Rovers even if the AQs end up liquidating it and selling the ground to a hotel group; no club of any size has just gone for good.  You'll just find yourself playing elsewhere, maybe Twerton again.

Just this last month Gateshead has been replaced by Gateshead Soul.

Mind, your going bust and being replaced by a new club may finally shut up the tiresome 82ers rubbish from your more monobrowed colleagues.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There's always going to be a Rovers even if the AQs end up liquidating it and selling the ground to a hotel group; no club of any size has just gone for good.  You'll just find yourself playing elsewhere, maybe Twerton again.

Just this last month Gateshead has been replaced by Gateshead Soul.

Mind, your going bust and being replaced by a new club may finally shut up the tiresome 82ers rubbish from your more monobrowed colleagues.

You just know they will still go on about 1982.

”Yeah we went bust because of a big City conspiracy, it wasn’t our fault, Sunderland love us! You went bust because it was all your fault not like Rovers 2020 because we were faithful, prowed and true!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I doubt it. They still go on about SL despite being owned by a tax-dodging offshore company, so I'm sure they'd find a way to explain how there situation is completely different, and besides, it was all somebody else's fault anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They’re not really your friends you know,they’re fellow patients.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Rocky said:

What is happening with their training ground?  Last I heard, they were being turfed out and had nothing lined up for this coming season?

Also, excuse the probable silly question but what was our income vs wages £ / % ? 

They are training in a local park apparently,

we had dispensation with the wages because we had be relegated from the championship,

but it’s the reason cotta had such a small squad in the promotion year as we focused on quality

Edited by Monkeh

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

What is happening with their training ground?  Last I heard, they were being turfed out and had nothing lined up for this coming season?

Also, excuse the probable silly question but what was our income vs wages £ / % ? 

I think they use Cribbs facilities ?

Which are quite good.

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Wael is quoted as saying that for every £100 they spend £97 is on wages. Now how are we reading this? Is it for every £100 spent they pay out £97 on wages, so the £100 is not takings, it's spend. So the wages could be within the limits, if their takings are £140 for every £97 wages. Or is it as people have taken, that it's takings of £100 and wages out of that of £97? 

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

They train?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I think you will find, @Monkeh, that the 97% wages spend relates to all staff, i.e. including back room staff etc., so is unlikely to incur sanctions.