IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think you will find, @Monkeh, that the 97% wages spend relates to all staff, i.e. including back room staff etc., so is unlikely to incur sanctions.

But non playing staff wouldn’t cost 47% of your overall staffing costs,

if it does then something is wrong behind the scenes,

id hazard a guess (uneducated) that 80% of our wage bill is for football related staff (players managers and coaches)

the other 20% non playing staff ie admin security legal team etc,

Edited by Monkeh

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

But non playing staff wouldn’t cost 47% of your overall staffing costs,

if it does then something is wrong behind the scenes,

id hazard a guess (uneducated) that 80% of our wage bill is for football related staff (players managers and coaches)

the other 20% non playing staff ie admin security legal team etc,

Someone posted an article that said ours was 107% recently. Makes sense considering our losses.

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Someone posted an article that said ours was 107% recently. Makes sense considering our losses.

That’s correct, but that puts us about mid table in the championship,

however ffp in the championship is a different beast to the salary management one in league one 

for example we could have a wage bill of 100 million but as long as the club didn’t make a combined loss of 39 million over the course of 3 seasons then it doesn’t matter,

however in league one you can only spend 60% of your turnover on wages and 55% in league two,

its suspended for clubs coming down from the championship much like parachute payments but unlike the championship clubs must actively been seen to reduce their wage bill

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Got a feeling they're going to do alright this season, getting their signings in early, worked well for us the season we went up.

Early signings yes, but they are only replacements for what has already departed.

Filling gaps in their squad, not adding to it.

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Got a feeling they're going to do alright this season, getting their signings in early, worked well for us the season we went up.

There are signings and there are signings 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are signings and there are signings 

Haha yeah I don't think they'll go up, but I think they could be top half. 

Little is a decent signing, and the lads from Cov & Eastleigh are rated highly by the fans of their previous clubs. A few more decent additions & think they could be a top half side easily. 

28 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Haha yeah I don't think they'll go up, but I think they could be top half. 

Little is a decent signing, and the lads from Cov & Eastleigh are rated highly by the fans of their previous clubs. A few more decent additions & think they could be a top half side easily. 

It would be nice for them to finish on a high before the inevitable administration and relegation.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Early signings yes, but they are only replacements for what has already departed.

Filling gaps in their squad, not adding to it.

But they're essentially upgrading, just adding extra players doesn't mean they're improving. There's a difference between adding squad depth and quality. And they do actually seem to be upgrading on what's gone, minus Lockyer probably. But if Little plays CB that's definitely an upgrade imo

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just posted on FB that Micky Naynard might be heading to BS7.

That would complete his fall from cracking player to total loser! 

Have heard this too from various sources unfortunately. Are they actually get the boys back together? Who next? Emmanuel-Thomas? Wes Burns?