IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think the word you are looking for is marque.  Marquees are what they use for stands ?

Nope the word is marquee

noun
1. A large tent used for entertainment, exhibition, etc
2. Also called: marquise mainly US and Canadian
a canopy over the entrance to a theatre, hotel, etc
3. (modifier) mainly US and Canadian
celebrated or pre-eminent
a marquee player

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I think that the whole image should be displayed here for posterity ...

D8__XZjVUAEd4M7.jpg:large    

*** NB ::  This is disgusting, thanks to an unscrupulous photo shopper the good name of a loyal Royal Supporter (no not Reading btw)  has been sullied in the most horrible way, how the heck can the poor fellow face his mates, neighbours, and people in the street in future.?

Mud sticks and this unfortunate chap will forever be falsely associated with the stigma of being a Gashead, poor bloke.     

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Im over the moon about the signings 22.

Ive been around long enought to suss out when a owner wants out.

When your marquee signing comes from eastleigh you are only going 1 way.

It's obvious that the Al Qadis want out tbh. But that doesn't inherently make their signings bad obviously. Davies is decent, Little is good, and reading a bit on Hare (got nothing else to do as I wait for either Kalas or DaSilva or hopefully both!) he seems decent. Former League 1 youngster who got ditched due to injuries but was in the Conference TOTS, it's like us signing a very promising player from League 2 really. Obviously I'm defending the Gas here but that's because I genuinely think their business so far has been very good all jokes aside and I don't really believe in mindless "if they were good they wouldn't be going to Rovers," because we all know Little is a good player, no matter his injury record or his time at Bolton. Obviously we'll blow them completely out of the water with the transfer window we're bound to have, but I've always been a believer in credit where credit's due, despite the intent of this forum obviously.

Of course we all know any decent signing they make usually ends up shit, but for now, give them credit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

It's obvious that the Al Qadis want out tbh. But that doesn't inherently make their signings bad obviously. Davies is decent, Little is good, and reading a bit on Hare (got nothing else to do as I wait for either Kalas or DaSilva or hopefully both!) he seems decent. Former League 1 youngster who got ditched due to injuries but was in the Conference TOTS, it's like us signing a very promising player from League 2 really. Obviously I'm defending the Gas here but that's because I genuinely think their business so far has been very good all jokes aside and I don't really believe in mindless "if they were good they wouldn't be going to Rovers," because we all know Little is a good player, no matter his injury record or his time at Bolton. Obviously we'll blow them completely out of the water with the transfer window we're bound to have, but I've always been a believer in credit where credit's due, despite the intent of this forum obviously.

Of course we all know any decent signing they make usually ends up shit, but for now, give them credit. 

Nurse!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

We know Little WAS a good player but he was in a very good team and given a lot of freedom, personally I thought that defensively he wasn’t great, I know nothing about the non-league centre-half or the Coventry players who have decided for some reason that they want to play in the worst stadium in the football league 

• Like 1

Seems their official Facebook Page posted a vid tonight under the title ‘Friday feeling, with our three latest recruits’ - no mention of Mark Little in the vid, he replied to their post with “Forgot me already is it? Sound!” 

Wahey! Pissed off our Mark already! 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Seems their official Facebook Page posted a vid tonight under the title ‘Friday feeling, with our three latest recruits’ - no mention of Mark Little in the vid, he replied to their post with “Forgot me already is it? Sound!” 

Don’t want to piss off Litt’s that’s for sure, just ask Ryan Fredericks.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Noooo! I feel parentally protective of our Mark. If those c. ts aren't going to look after him then they don't deserve him and can't be trusted. Let's have him back in the fold where he is loved. 

Though as BCFC11 mentions, the lad can look after himself to be fair. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Nope the word is marquee

noun
1. A large tent used for entertainment, exhibition, etc
2. Also called: marquise mainly US and Canadian
a canopy over the entrance to a theatre, hotel, etc
3. (modifier) mainly US and Canadian
celebrated or pre-eminent
a marquee player

I think you'll find it's either.

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You don't know that.

Little definitely is, a TOTS Conference RB is, and have a Coventry mate who really rates Davies and speaks very highly of him. I think judging them on status and on paper alone they've all been good signings. Of course whether there'll turn out to be is a completely different case. 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

We know Little WAS a good player but he was in a very good team and given a lot of freedom, personally I thought that defensively he wasn’t great, I know nothing about the non-league centre-half or the Coventry players who have decided for some reason that they want to play in the worst stadium in the football league 

We all know he could definitely perform for them though. Bolton fans seem to speak pretty highly of him. Defensively he wasn't great you're right, but him and the non-league right back are definitely big step ups from the two RBs they had. One of which they released and the other they just sold back to Eastleigh. 

By the way, please don't confuse me meaning good signings on paper and good signings in reality. Stefan Payne was a good signing on paper, so was Tom Nichols. And Clarke-Harris wasn't. We never know who'll perform for those lot, if anyone. So it could be these 3 completely flop and Van Stoppershot or whatever his name is is class. Who knows?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

We all know he could definitely perform for them though. Bolton fans seem to speak pretty highly of him. Defensively he wasn't great you're right, but him and the non-league right back are definitely big step ups from the two RBs they had. One of which they released and the other they just sold back to Eastleigh. 

The RB sold to Eastleigh (Partington or Partridge or whatever) had a better offer from Eastleigh. He turned the sags down. I expect the facilities are much better there and I expect they know where they're training next season.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the R*Vers, but who remembers the fallen Madonna with the big boobies from Allo Allo?

Well, she was on the Graham Norton show tonight 

You say that it’s nothing to do with the Fewers but to be fair all of them are massive tits.

• Like 1