IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, the last set of accounts showed the Fewers down about 500k in football receipts.

Last year, they had a poor season so they are likely to be even worse in the next set of accounts.

And going in to this season, season ticket sale are down further.

Wally is doing a cracking job.

Lovely man though. 

No doubt his big brother Hani has told him that this loss is coming out of Wael’s allowance. He’s been a naughty boy. 

21 hours ago, Swede said:

(Sag) if we had a 25k stadium we'd fill it (reality) they can't manage five figures (that's figures not fingers although they'd struggle with even that) at their dump.

No, but the can fill something with five fingers....usually their sisters.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, the last set of accounts showed the Fewers down about 500k in football receipts.

Last year, they had a poor season so they are likely to be even worse in the next set of accounts.

And going in to this season, season ticket sale are down further.

Wally is doing a cracking job.

From a City fans point of view, these things take too much time though. Hurry up and bankrupt the club!

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

From a City fans point of view, these things take too much time though. Hurry up and bankrupt the club!

Quite clearly they can't afford to get promoted.

What would they have? 4 years to make the Mem all seater as well as Championship wages...

They should be delighted Wally is content with failing in the lower leagues.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Quite clearly they can't afford to get promoted.

What would they have? 4 years to make the Mem all seater as well as Championship wages...

They should be delighted Wally is content with failing in the lower leagues.

Isn’t it x number of years to comply with all seater unless you can prove you are relocating (and perhaps redeveloping), that’s how Brentford has maintained terracing for years I think. So every season we would see Wally submit a pie in the sky pie dream hoping ( knowing) it will get rejected.

But yes, good point there is no incentive to get promoted as they couldn’t sustain themselves, barely can now.

54 minutes ago, RedM said:

Isn’t it x number of years to comply with all seater unless you can prove you are relocating (and perhaps redeveloping), that’s how Brentford has maintained terracing for years I think. So every season we would see Wally submit a pie in the sky pie dream hoping ( knowing) it will get rejected.

But yes, good point there is no incentive to get promoted as they couldn’t sustain themselves, barely can now.

Brentford will be ground sharing with London Irish, maybe R*vers could share with .............oh, hang on they've already done that, then  robbed  bought the ground for £10k  :gasmask:

56 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's a lot of pie M

mmmmmmmm-pie.jpg

6 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

And there’s one due next week for the Park Street fight, which took place during the World Cup last year!

27/6 for the first defendants and then 2/7 .

we had to split them as too many for 1 court day. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

To be fair, Brentford are paying for and actually building something. Can't see the mob in BS7 doing either.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Looks like something built by Bear Grylls.

I always thought that it was amusing that they sold season tickets for “Row M”, because there wasn’t a “Row M”. 

I’ve only just realised that there’s not even a row H, I, J, K or L either..! ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I always thought that it was amusing that they sold season tickets for “Row M”, because there wasn’t a “Row M”. 

I’ve only just realised that there’s not even a row H, I, J, K or L either..! ??

That was the Meade king llp south west “stand” in the other corner

F0F0A6A4-76C9-4A7E-BE7F-7B53205F6D90.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair, Brentford are paying for and actually building something. Can't see the mob in BS7 doing either.

I realise that, but their ground has been allowed to retain the terracing for years, that was my point. Yes I know they had every intention, but there were a lot of difficulties. The Gas have no intention and only have difficulties ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I realise that, but their ground has been allowed to retain the terracing for years, that was my point. Yes I know they had every intention, but there were a lot of difficulties. The Gas have no intention and only have difficulties ?

Having plans usually helps! Although Wally can’t disclose anything due to confidentiality agreements ?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

That was the Meade king llp south west “stand” in the other corner

F0F0A6A4-76C9-4A7E-BE7F-7B53205F6D90.jpeg

You have to say that, because of the ramshackle piecemeal developments around the ground, it's starting to look like their old spiritual home. If I remember correctly, Eastville had six different roof structures, similar to the old rugby ground of today. Not many clubs could boast having so many different structures. Makes them quite unique really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

You have to say that, because of the ramshackle piecemeal developments around the ground, it's starting to look like their old spiritual home. If I remember correctly, Eastville had six different roof structures, similar to the old rugby ground of today. Not many clubs could boast having so many different structures. Makes them quite unique really.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eastville+stadium&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=chje0ImtIjUGUM%3A%2C5PC7B0VNRr5dBM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kT-lGPdnVuzU1fYg944-zcceumaqA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9wYqNn_HiAhXYQhUIHejUBy8Q9QEwBHoECAMQDA#imgrc=8Eq1i5GAJCjxaM:&vet=1

Packed out.

Nothing changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Clearly cold that day though. look at the coats. Can't you find any pictures when the first team were playing and the "Milk race" wasn't going through Bristol? :)