IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Glanced through the pictures, and there are a lot of them, and saw one team photo with Bobby "Shadow" Williams in it. Had forgotten he went to the gas after leaving us and going to Rotherham.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Your assuming that they started from Row A!

True. I think they thrive on people making assumptions. 

Like assuming that Fanta will be dispensed, when they order a Fanta. 

Or when someone asks for a packet of crisps.. they just assume that they’ll be in date. 

Like handing over the keys to your club, to a lovely man with a nice watch... they just assumed that he had some money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

You have to say that, because of the ramshackle piecemeal developments around the ground, it's starting to look like their old spiritual home. If I remember correctly, Eastville had six different roof structures, similar to the old rugby ground of today. Not many clubs could boast having so many different structures. Makes them quite unique really.

Oxford had several at the old Manor Ground. 

I’m not that any of them were actually tents... but a mish mash of different stands, certainly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

True. I think they thrive on people making assumptions. 

Like assuming that Fanta will be dispensed, when they order a Fanta. 

Or when someone asks for a packet of crisps.. they just assume that they’ll be in date. 

Like handing over the keys to your club, to a lovely man with a nice watch... they just assumed that he had some money. 

Like when they handed over money to the last regime to build them a roof over the Filton avenue end. They assumed the club wouldn't increase the entrance fee due to improved facilities. hahahahahahaha

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BSRED said:

If I remember rightly they used to stand on the hard shoulder of the M32 to avoid paying.

They’ve progressed since, passing tickets back through the fence to their mates. Their moaning like fvck about Wally not spending any money yet won’t even pay for themselves to get in.

Edited by BCFC11

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They’ve progressed since, passing tickets back through the fence to their mates. Their moaning like fvck about Wally not spending any money yet won’t even pay for themselves to get in.

You can't blame them mind.

Even the Sags don't want to pay to watch that shambles!

• Like 1

To be fair I don't think the BBC Did them any favours when they dispatched Garth Crooks West with his pith helmet, to interview Wael.. 

"You can buy any club in the prem (he fawned) why Bristol Rovers?" 

Well, not any club he joked, 

You got that effing right... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Your assuming that they started from Row A!

Given that most of the shots and defensive clearances end up in Row Z, I suspect that they start with Row Z and work down. So they would get to about Row S before they ran out of space.

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Some of them pay to get in...........they pay the man on the disabled exit gate a tenner. ?

17 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Don't sweat it....  For all in tents and purposes it's an easy mistake to make.......

That’s very gracious of you..!

I’d hate to think that my whimsical remarks had caused any offence or misunderstanding. 

Perhaps we should “canvas” opinions, just to make sure..?!

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s very gracious of you..!

I’d hate to think that my whimsical remarks had caused any offence or misunderstanding. 

Perhaps we should “canvas” opinions, just to make sure..?!

No need....  as it's such a common mistake, we'll just mark 'ee down as an honest error........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

368A974C-36CD-4A4F-A037-D4728E542BD6.jpeg

How do they get away with putting up these temporary structures over such long periods. They are designed for one off events like the Bath and West show etc not permanent sporting stadium stands. 

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

How do they get away with putting up these temporary structures over such long periods. They are designed for one off events like the Bath and West show etc not permanent sporting stadium stands. 

I suppose, by definition, Rovers’ home ground is only ever expected to be “Temporary”, until they up root and find somewhere else to squat for the next decade or two. 

It it the equivalent of someone wanting an extension added to their house and just cementing the tent pegs into their driveway..! 

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I counted 163 seats . That is the most embarrassing stand I’ve ever seen. The premium seats in the middle have 2 posts in the way and not even a row H . Tinpot rovers 

Manor ground Oxford was much better

15 hours ago, RedM said:

I realise that, but their ground has been allowed to retain the terracing for years, that was my point. Yes I know they had every intention, but there were a lot of difficulties. The Gas have no intention and only have difficulties ?

Their only intention is to not pay for any stadium. Always has been. They have never been knocked back in their plans (planning permission) to build a stadium; they've just never been able to afford it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I counted 163 seats . That is the most embarrassing stand I’ve ever seen. The premium seats in the middle have 2 posts in the way and not even a row H . Tinpot rovers 

What about half the stand have seats not even facing the pitch , they have views  behind the goal.

Neck ache stand .

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Planning permission not needed for farm buildings?

*edit, they'll be ok to build a new stadium at the 'Colony' then!

Edited by myol'man