IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

368A974C-36CD-4A4F-A037-D4728E542BD6.jpeg

Isn't it amazing that we can build that massive roof on the Lansdown stand with zero restricted views and they have a 163 seater tent with FIVE posts in the way.

EDIT:  Just realised why those seats are more expensive, because the posts are in the way you don't have to watch it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I counted 163 seats . That is the most embarrassing stand I’ve ever seen. The premium seats in the middle have 2 posts in the way and not even a row H . Tinpot rovers 

Serious question, I'm confused why they went through the expense of putting this stand up for just 163. 

Surely the space it has replaced could have catered for a larger number?

So they have actually decreased their capacity building this

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Serious question, I'm confused why they went through the expense of putting this stand up for just 163. 

Who knows . Horrendous bit of planning 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

To improve the percentage of capacity figures.....

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yes this is true. Capacity has reduced due to this contraption. Doesn't matter anyway as they never sell out and don't need the extra Capacity.  It just allows them to charge 163 people a fiver more and makes it look as though they are trying to improve things.

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

They wouldn’t want areas of uncovered terracing letting the rest of the ground down...?! ?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

It would appear so.

Absolutely mental.

Although in fairness they didn’t need that extra capacity anyway.

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

Oh, of course, the Meade King LLP South West Corner By the Real Cornish Pastie Hut Cricket Pavillion Side Stand.

The highest paid bloke at Bristol Rovers FC should be the one tasked with naming all of their “stands”..!

It can’t even be a one off job, with the majority of them being temporary! 

I reckon the reason it took so long to get the big screen up was because the delivery note said “please put this up next to the tent” 

Thats like a condom wrapper in a brothel saying “please use on the illegal immigrant” 

23 hours ago, phantom said:

I had the impression at the time that it was done purely so that the owners could say that they have made improvements to the ground if they were accused of not doing anything.

No other explanation makes much sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I had the impression at the time that it was done purely so that the owners could say that they have made improvements to the ground if they were accused of not doing anything.

Wally was told we need to put more bums on seats so that's exactly what the nice man has done reduced the capacity of the tip. Unfortunately for him one of the bum's has gone to Walsall

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Agreed, make me think that the adverts will mainly be either "in-house" ,for the Bank of Jordan or for the hotel the family have got a share in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Has the tramp had a bit of a haircut and beard trim?

Moved upmarket I guess

tramp.JPG

I think his time with the sags has left him traumatised,he just seems to be staring into the distance with a blank expression on his face.