IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 17/06/2019 at 18:35, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair, Brentford are paying for and actually building something. Can't see the mob in BS7 doing either.

Brentford's new stadium, though smallish, looks very impressive from the M4 elevated and high fives to the person who sussed it would fit between the railway tracks. Shows what can be fine when you've a local authority who are supportive (Bristol to note.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Brentford's new stadium, though smallish, looks very impressive from the M4 elevated and high fives to the person who sussed it would fit between the railway tracks. Shows what can be fine when you've a local authority who are supportive (Bristol to note.)

They had to fund it though rather than steal it so Rovers would have been ****** whether they were in Bristol or West London to be fair..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

They had to fund it though rather than steal it so Rovers would have been ****** whether they were in Bristol or West London to be fair..

Hmmm. When Brentford move into their new ground, Griffin Park will be empty - a football ground with real stands and no tents. Dwayne Sports has an unexplained office in London.

Becoming Brentford Rovers wouldn’t even require a change to their initials. All of their home game would effectively be played well away from Bristol, guaranteeing massive travelling support (because that’s just what they do). 

I think they’re on the move! Bloody clever these Jordanians. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

A bit random but today I was in Brum and walked past a 'Gas Street!'

insert your own joke.......the street was going downhill, boom boom!

Well, sort of along the same lines, I’ve always giggled at the name of this road in High Littleton ...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/BS39/Scumbrum-Lane.html

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hmmm. When Brentford move into their new ground, Griffin Park will be empty - a football ground with real stands and no tents. Dwayne Sports has an unexplained office in London.

Becoming Brentford Rovers wouldn’t even require a change to their initials. All of their home game would effectively be played well away from Bristol, guaranteeing massive travelling support (because that’s just what they do). 

I think they’re on the move! Bloody clever these Jordanians. 

Like your style rude boy .

They tried to steal AG so the red seats won't be an issue for them.

I think this has momentum.....

• Haha 1

My R*Vers source said that the new goalie is massive but has a lot to learn about football in the English 3rd division.

Lots more new signings but they will all be cheap as the manager has to cut the budget by over £1m.

Cockman won't put up with show ponies like Dopey used to.

54 minutes ago, myol'man said:

My R*Vers source said that the new goalie is massive but has a lot to learn about football in the English 3rd division.

Lots more new signings but they will all be cheap as the manager has to cut the budget by over £1m.

Blimey. If that’s the case then mark little must have taken a big pay cut or they’ve used most of their wage budget on him. 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

If he’s had to cut his budget by that much, the players must be paying Wael to play. Just like on the Downs, but with a lower standard of football 

Cracking read on Gaschat at the moment. A potential investor/forum member has been told 3/5 years for the new ground.

They can not develop the Mem because there is no room left apparently although unbelievably they have discovered a previously unknown building behind a fence in one corner. Nobody knew it was there in the 22 years since they arrived and now they don’t know what to do with it.

Suggestions on a postcard please. Rumours that it is their trophy room are yet to be confirmed. They are considering it as a food outlet which should be perfect for out of date pasties I’m sure. Ah the gift !

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Cracking read on Gaschat at the moment. A potential investor/forum member has been told 3/5 years for the new ground.

They can not develop the Mem because there is no room left apparently although unbelievably they have discovered a previously unknown building behind a fence in one corner. Nobody knew it was there in the 22 years since they arrived and now they don’t know what to do with it.

Suggestions on a postcard please. Rumours that it is their trophy room are yet to be confirmed. They are considering it as a food outlet which should be perfect for out of date pasties I’m sure. Ah the gift !

Was it perhaps where Stuart Sinclair lived?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I used to try to write some mildly amusing stuff about the Rovers but this is way beyond anything my imagination could have conjured up.

Post by wertongas on 3 hours ago

gashead333 Avatar
So did the club refuse your money or are the away fans getting a roof?

Can't put roof on away end as it would block views from Centenary stand,  however offered money to get rid of those crap temporary toilets and put proper toilet block in under the new screen,  plus a bar for away fans there will be more seating made available for larger away followings.
Most amazing thing is that the club have discovered a building behind a fence in the top right hand corner of the stadium (club been there  for 22 yrs without knowing this building existed)  may use it for offices,  food outlet and games area for kids,  but it depends on whether it is worth spending the money if we are vacating the ground. Could bring in extra revenue. 
Edited by bert tann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

This was the view from the Centenary stand a few years ago before the Rugger had to move out. 

I don't think a cover over the away terrace which is down and to the left of the picture would effect the view from the centenary stand. 

Probably the best thing to improve the view for all fans would be to erect large canvas screens all the way around the edge of the pitch. ?

FB_IMG_1561063931057.jpg

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

they have discovered a previously unknown building behind a fence in one corner. Nobody knew it was there in the 22 years since they arrived and now they don’t know what to do with it.

So in all the asset and account valuations, purchase negotiations and assurance Sainsburys would have conducted over negotiations to buy 'The Dump' this 'mystery' property was never identified? That no Gashead has ever looked at The House of Tents on Google Maps? Yup, rings true to me.....

• Like 1