IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Shitheads, don’t waste your time and energy taking the piss out of the Gas being tinpot, having a shit ground , lower league football and being skint, we know all this and laugh at ourselves all the time. We don’t look up to you or aspire to be you either.

We don't waste our time taking the pi55, you do that job very well for us with your;

Santa's Grotto,

The mysterious Row M,

Tents,

"we'll re build the stadium one stand at a time" Chelsea supporting fake fekir,

the tramp,

babestation,

Fake fanta & stale crisps,

The "professional" trestle table complete with coloured in whiteboard and cheap bricabrac tat at a UWE open day

The DIY disabled facilities 

Equine boxing

We're the sixth richest club in England

We took 40,000 to Wembley yet barely muster 8,000 for a home game.

AND the best one of the lot . . . .

getting relegated out of the entire football league by a team in your own kit.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Can you all remember how humble our little poor Sags were when they thought the fake sheik was a billionaire??

Shitheads, please stop going on about how Tinpot we are. Now that even the most deluded ones in our fan base no longer buy this evolution bollocks (you did warn us) we are highly embarrassed at what a penniless no hope Tinpot club we are and the future is grim. 

We have ignored all of the gifts we have given you since Colin Daniel fired us through the trap door wearing our away kit because we were that deluded that we believed that Wally was the Messiah, we would be coming for you and you would be the laughing stock, not us.

Unfortunately for us the glitter has well and truly fallen off of our steaming turd and we realise that shouting ‘82’ and ‘Dean Windass’ at you doesn’t work anymore. In fact it makes us look even bigger knob jockeys than we looked before.

As a result in true Sag fashion we can dish it out but not take anything from you because you speak the truth and we are so embarrassed that all we are going to do is throw our teddies out of the pram and want to start a riot.

Secretly we are so pissed off for choosing the wrong colours to support or being forced into it by our parents. So we are going to pretend that we don’t care and hope you fall for it. Failing that we’ll see you for round 2 in the KFC you shithead *****!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I see that Ellis Harrison who was "going to rip up the Championship with Ipswich", has quietly signed for Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee. That went well then.

One of their best players in years,  shows how out of touch with Championship football they are 

6 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Wonder if there is a sell on clause?

Assuming he was sold at a loss, does that make the sell on a minus too? The Gas could end up owing them money. ?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

In keeping with their business model, the Fewers are in line to pay 20% of the loss Ipswich have taken.

You and me Rob, peas in a pod :)

15 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I see that Ellis Harrison who was "going to rip up the Championship with Ipswich", has quietly signed for Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee. That went well then.

Last week R*vers were offered Ellis Harrison back for a season long loan, trouble was they would have to pay 50% of his wages & he's on £10k a week

Quote from his Radio Bristol interview.

Coughlan said "I have had conversations with some fairly big name players. Finances will dictate what I can and can't do," Coughlan said. "I'm in for one or two, what people would call marquee signings, big players, big names. My fingers are crossed. I hope to use the old Irish patter, the Irish blarney on them. I've given them the pitch so fingers crossed."

Do you think the blarney consists of taking them around BCFC's facilities and telling to ignore the signs put up by those City Scallies? Either that or a blindfold and a folder full of artist impression sketches.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Coughlan said "I have had conversations with some fairly big name players. Finances will dictate what I can and can't do," Coughlan said. "I'm in for one or two, what people would call marquee signings, big players, big names. My fingers are crossed. I hope to use the old Irish patter, the Irish blarney on them. I've given them the pitch so fingers crossed."

Do you think the blarney consists of taking them around BCFC's facilities and telling to ignore the signs put up by those City Scallies? Either that or a blindfold and a folder full of artist impression sketches.

Don’t “big name” “big players” “marquee signings” want to be paid quite a bit of money usually..?! 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh my god, they really are coming for us!

?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Oh my god, they really are coming for us!

?

Unfortunately for them they’ve somehow managed to tie their shoelaces together, so therefore can’t move at the pace they’d like,it’s going to take time.

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don’t “big name” “big players” “marquee signings” want to be paid quite a bit of money usually..?! 

Completely agree. Not sure they have the money to, have seen they hold a lot of interest in 3 players who I suppose would be considered marquee by their standards; Nicky Maynard, Danny Mayor and Ched Evans. Ched Evans has got to be completely unachievable. Even if they did have the money, a player who scores 17 goals in their league last season won't be wanting to play for a club that finished worse than the team he was playing for. I think though, that the lack of money may not be as relevant as you may think for those two considering they play for Bury and the complete fiasco that is going on there financially. May be great news for the sags. They'll have a lot of interest in them for sure from League 1, but I actually think either are achievable. Potentially both. But even if they did sign both I honestly think Maynard would completely flop but Mayor would do well. 

Edit: Saw the sags had a transfer rumours page and Mayor is out of contract. Pirate (one of the few fans on that shit website I actually respect who is surprisingly knowledgeable on players who don't play for the sags has him as his top target. Not been linked with almost any League 1 club. Seems actually pretty realistic for a lot of Sag rumours. Albeit some of them did suggest Leon Clarke, which is well...

Edited by Mattyisared
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

On reading that I was immediately reminded of Cheif Superintendent James Murphy who led the hunt for Shergar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I suspect that Cockman will end up being all talk and no action insofar as his marquee signings are concerned.

That said, there isn't anything concrete coming out of our side of the city yet, but at least we should have some of the Kelly ane Eisa money to spend along with perhaps a little left over from last season.

With a debt of £12m, crowds of 8k and no money from player sales, the Sag's are going to find the transfer market a very tricky place as there won't be many marquees who will be satisfied with being paid the national minimum wage.

• Haha 1