IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

the Sag's are going to find the transfer market a very tricky place as there won't be many marquees who will be satisfied with being paid the national minimum wage.

There won't be many marquees happy about playing in front of marquees, either.

• Haha 3

And here you have it. All we need to do is build a stadium bigger that Ashton Gate ... this time next year, Rodney ...

gasandelectricity
Club Legend

gasandelectricity Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 1057 posts
Jun 19, 2019 at 5:27pm via mobile  
Post Options

Post by gasandelectricity on Jun 19, 2019 at 5:27pm

tomylil Avatar
gasandelectricity Avatar
If they wanted to build a hotel then that doesn’t have to just be a money grabbing exercise for the Al Qadis. Revenue generation = greater transfer funds = greater ability to compete

Lansdown is trying to do this at Ashton Gate is he not.

Lansdown owns the land though does he not whereas the AQ's never could so far as my memory serves me.

Who is to say that revenue generated from a hotel down in BS3 goes to the football club ?

I bet that doesn't happen south of the river, nor all the revenue from flogging Ashton Vale for residential use. This is payback time for the Lord of Guernsey for all the millions he has pumped in, and will not doubt continue to do (lady garden)

Not necessarily will come to the club but if it makes the deal more feasible then it’s all good and will mean they will be enticed to spend more. That could be in the club, or it could be in the stadium itself. Remember, higher attendances and more events mean higher receipts at the hotel. Add on other facilities and it’s even more true. Go ambitious and build a stadium bigger than Ashton gate and we become the first choice for big events and other sporting fixtures.

Supporters are very quick to mark the Al Qadis as the villains when it is more plausible it was just a sh** deal otherwise they would have never bought us or they would be well on the way to moving us over by now to the UWE stadium.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Quote from his Radio Bristol interview.

Coughlan said "I have had conversations with some fairly big name players. Finances will dictate what I can and can't do," Coughlan said. "I'm in for one or two, what people would call marquee signings, big players, big names. My fingers are crossed. I hope to use the old Irish patter, the Irish blarney on them. I've given them the pitch so fingers crossed."

Do you think the blarney consists of taking them around BCFC's facilities and telling to ignore the signs put up by those City Scallies? Either that or a blindfold and a folder full of artist impression sketches.

In fairness to him, that new Dutch keeper has got a pretty big name!

• Haha 1

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:35, redcityman said:

I think you will find that was the stadium.?

Difficult to differentiate when the "stadium" was there, I agree. Sadly (I think not), there's another building on site where that other shit pit used to be, which leaves this other old shed alone in the car park. Rather like the girl who's been stood up by the old map on the centre, who looked beautiful through the bottom of a beer glass on Saturday night.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Coughlan said "I have had conversations with some fairly big name players. Finances will dictate what I can and can't do," Coughlan said. "I'm in for one or two, what people would call marquee signings, big players, big names. My fingers are crossed. I hope to use the old Irish patter, the Irish blarney on them. I've given them the pitch so fingers crossed."

Do you think the blarney consists of taking them around BCFC's facilities and telling to ignore the signs put up by those City Scallies? Either that or a blindfold and a folder full of artist impression sketches.

I can't believe he actually used the phrase "marquee signing". Must have been reading this thread. He goes on to say he's "given them the pitch". Genius level piss-taking.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Completely agree. Not sure they have the money to, have seen they hold a lot of interest in 3 players who I suppose would be considered marquee by their standards; Nicky Maynard, Danny Mayor and Ched Evans. Ched Evans has got to be completely unachievable. Even if they did have the money, a player who scores 17 goals in their league last season won't be wanting to play for a club that finished worse than the team he was playing for. I think though, that the lack of money may not be as relevant as you may think for those two considering they play for Bury and the complete fiasco that is going on there financially. May be great news for the sags. They'll have a lot of interest in them for sure from League 1, but I actually think either are achievable. Potentially both. But even if they did sign both I honestly think Maynard would completely flop but Mayor would do well. 

Edit: Saw the sags had a transfer rumours page and Mayor is out of contract. Pirate (one of the few fans on that shit website I actually respect who is surprisingly knowledgeable on players who don't play for the sags has him as his top target. Not been linked with almost any League 1 club. Seems actually pretty realistic for a lot of Sag rumours. Albeit some of them did suggest Leon Clarke, which is well...

You are Coughlan and I claim my £5.00

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I presume that's all six fingers Mr Cough-phlegm.

Going abroad with a member of my family who unfortunately is a Sag. They just returned from another holiday where I had to see various photos of a Sag shirt. Unbeknown to them I have purchased a different Bristol City t-shirt for every single day that I am away with them.

Might be the last holiday we have together.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

And here you have it. All we need to do is build a stadium bigger that Ashton Gate ... this time next year, Rodney ...

gasandelectricity
Club Legend

gasandelectricity Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 1057 posts
Jun 19, 2019 at 5:27pm via mobile  
Post Options

Post by gasandelectricity on Jun 19, 2019 at 5:27pm

tomylil Avatar
gasandelectricity Avatar
If they wanted to build a hotel then that doesn’t have to just be a money grabbing exercise for the Al Qadis. Revenue generation = greater transfer funds = greater ability to compete

Lansdown is trying to do this at Ashton Gate is he not.

Lansdown owns the land though does he not whereas the AQ's never could so far as my memory serves me.

Who is to say that revenue generated from a hotel down in BS3 goes to the football club ?

I bet that doesn't happen south of the river, nor all the revenue from flogging Ashton Vale for residential use. This is payback time for the Lord of Guernsey for all the millions he has pumped in, and will not doubt continue to do (lady garden)

Not necessarily will come to the club but if it makes the deal more feasible then it’s all good and will mean they will be enticed to spend more. That could be in the club, or it could be in the stadium itself. Remember, higher attendances and more events mean higher receipts at the hotel. Add on other facilities and it’s even more true. Go ambitious and build a stadium bigger than Ashton gate and we become the first choice for big events and other sporting fixtures.

Supporters are very quick to mark the Al Qadis as the villains when it is more plausible it was just a sh** deal otherwise they would have never bought us or they would be well on the way to moving us over by now to the UWE stadium.

Darlington the second

10 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Going abroad with a member of my family who unfortunately is a Sag. They just returned from another holiday where I had to see various photos of a Sag shirt. Unbeknown to them I have purchased a different Bristol City t-shirt for every single day that I am away with them.

Might be the last holiday we have together.

Fair play to you Gerty. I get fed up to the back teeth of seeing weird looking Gasheads, in suits with trainers and pony tails. They're seen around the country and continent, in all sorts of odd places with their tatty, cheap looking ugly shirts on, chests pumped out, as if they're somehow proud of them and their achievements. 

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I suspect that Cockman will end up being all talk and no action insofar as his marquee signings are concerned.

That said, there isn't anything concrete coming out of our side of the city yet, but at least we should have some of the Kelly ane Eisa money to spend along with perhaps a little left over from last season.

With a debt of £12m, crowds of 8k and no money from player sales, the Sag's are going to find the transfer market a very tricky place as there won't be many marquees who will be satisfied with being paid the national minimum wage.

They wish!!