IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Fair play to you Gerty. I get fed up to the back teeth of seeing weird looking Gasheads, in suits with trainers and pony tails. They're seen around the country and continent, in all sorts of odd places with their tatty, cheap looking ugly shirts on, chests pumped out, as if they're somehow proud of them and their achievements. 

If I had to watch football in that ground , I’d think I’d be off travelling around the world. 

50 minutes ago, kivsy said:

If I had to watch football in that ground , I’d think I’d be off travelling around the world. 

One of my best and oldest friends is a Bristol Rovers fan. For the past couple of decades he has lived in Spain and these days hardly ever gets to see his beloved team. The perfect lifestyle for the committed gashead. Lucky ***. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Quote from his Radio Bristol interview.

Coughlan said "I have had conversations with some fairly big name players. Finances will dictate what I can and can't do," Coughlan said. "I'm in for one or two, what people would call marquee signings, big players, big names. My fingers are crossed. I hope to use the old Irish patter, the Irish blarney on them. I've given them the pitch so fingers crossed."

Do you think the blarney consists of taking them around BCFC's facilities and telling to ignore the signs put up by those City Scallies? Either that or a blindfold and a folder full of artist impression sketches.

When a potential marquee signing collapses....

0_JS163419572.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

One of my best and oldest friends is a Bristol Rovers fan. For the past couple of decades he has lived in Spain and these days hardly ever gets to see his beloved team. The perfect lifestyle for the committed gashead. Lucky ***. 

Lucky guy but I guess he is part of the 54 billion locked out.

18 hours ago, BS3City said:

Gonna have to correct you Bazooka. The Sag Supremo has previously confirmed on Radio Bristol that it's Cock not Cough...

Thanks.

I tried using that pronunciation when I popped into Boots for some cough syrup this morning.

The assistant called me a coughy so-and-so and asked me to leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

FGR today signed goalkeeper Adam Smith who was released by the SAGS (after playing 28 league games in 2 seasons). On signing Smith said ‘I think it’s a good opportunity to move my game on to the next level’. Don’t you just love it. 

Things flapping around in the background (“roofs” in Bristol Rovers case) is very distracting for goalkeepers. 

He must be relishing the opportunity to focus on a football. 

EDIT: and that’s not even allowing for Babestation being on in the background..!

Edited by Bar BS3

27 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Waffle Al-Qadi more like. Entrepreneur or bullshiter?

43 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

But even that's not what the family is worth, they have shares in banks and businesses that are valued at that, they don't own the whole of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But even that's not what the family is worth, they have shares in banks and businesses that are valued at that, they don't own the whole of them.

A bit subtle for the average Gashead though. They'll be coming for us again now.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm not even sure it's that!

From what I can tell in open source - AJIB has a current market cap of about $225M. The family have a holding of about 28% which gives you a value of about $71M. The family also have a 28% holding in a tourism based company with a market cap of $142M which works out at about $40M - so a family wealth of $110M odd.

Of note, WAQ has about 4% in each company worth about $16M. Obviously not too shabby but hardly large in football stake.

I would assume the family have lots of other holdings elsewhere but I doubt they add up to $300M!!

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Son Of Nob said:

I'm not even sure it's that!

I'm not sure it's that either. When I looked the other week and posted (#52047) I think you may have confused US with Jordanian dollars. I think he's actually worth about half that you've calculated. Wouldn't that be a shame....?

26 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I'm not sure it's that either. When I looked the other week and posted (#52047) I think you may have confused US with Jordanian dollars. I think he's actually worth about half that you've calculated. Wouldn't that be a shame....?

I had market cap at JOD 180M which based on 1 Jordanian Dinar = 1.41 Dollars came to the figure above. Haven't looked at that post yet as I'm currently walking a hyperactive pug!

Edited by Son Of Nob
Wrong currency conversion - sackable offence