IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Well I must say that I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe @bert tann can shed some light.

This is a necessary step so that the owners can put in more equity without having to go down the full rights issue route; Steve Lansdown regularly does this as it allows money to go in that isn't caught by FFP rules.

It is also money that you can't just hoik out by selling the ground, unlike the Dwane Sports loan.

I don't know if I really should be posting positive news for the fewers on this thread but that's certainly what it is; I suppose it provides a bit of balance to the thread.

(I was actually lookng to see if their Filton company had been struck off yet as that was due to happen today).

This is the 1883 company - the one in which people own the shares; equivalent to our BCFC Holdings.

01 Jul 2019 Resolutions
  • Resolution of removal of pre-emption rights
  • Resolution of allotment of securities
This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.
Edited by Eddie Hitler
Spleeling &TYIPING
  • Like 1

ll with Kalas, how did we miss out on this guy from University College Dublin AFC?

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/23133/ucd-boss-collie-oneill-confirms-liam-scales-bound-for-bristol-rovers/

A defender who is part of a team which has now lost ten league matches on the spin, it would seem and who is joining "one of the Bristol clubs".

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Alas no pics, … I forgot to mention the knee high boots and hot pants btw,  to complete the pictures in your mind! :laugh:.

(blimey, those girls would be someone's grand mothers and nearing retirement now, hmm, theres a thought, do you know what your granny got up to in her teens? )

Pushing up daisies.? Read it as my teens?

Edited by NOTBLUE

42 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well I must say that I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe @bert tann can shed some light.

This is a necessary step so that the owners can put in more equity without having to go down the full rights issue route; Steve Lansdown regularly does this as it allows money to go in that isn't caught by FFP rules.

It is also money that you can't just hoik out by selling the ground, unlike the Dwane Sports loan.

I don't know if I really should be posting positive news for the fewers on this thread but that's certainly what it is; I suppose it provides a bit of balance to the thread.

(I was actually lookng to see if their Filton company had been struck off yet as that was due to happen today).

This is the 1883 company - the one in which people own the shares; equivalent to our BCFC Holdings.

01 Jul 2019 Resolutions

You'll have to break that down to me in layman's terms.

Are you saying that Wally would be able to dilute the share capital and lump more money in as equity without a vote on the right to do so?

In which case, that is probably good news for the Fewers.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You'll have to break that down to me in layman's terms.

Are you saying that Wally would be able to dilute the share capital and lump more money in as equity without a vote on the right to do so?

In which case, that is probably good news for the Fewers.

Yes, exactly that.

It sounds like bad news for existing shareholders but it isn't.

Since Steve started doing the same with City my shareholding has maybe halved but as the value of the club has more than doubled I haven't lost out.

This is a real surprise to me that the AQs are going down this road having previously said that they "couldn't" for some spurious reason.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Also during the fun time non PC days of the 70's , petrol station events and promotions even included on occasion ' Topless Petrol Forecourt Attendants' usually provided by well proportioned ample bosomed local blond and brunette beauties.  I remember one such 'topless attendant event' at my local petrol station  in Longwell Green so know its a fact that it happened ?. Those were the days my friends!  

Did you ask him why he was topless?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, exactly that.

Since Steve started doing the same with City my shareholding has maybe halved but as the value of the club has more than doubled I haven't lost out.

This is a real surprise to me that the AQs are going down this road having previously said that they "couldn't" for some spurious reason.

Maybe Wally got a gold star in his history test and cleaned his bedroom without being asked and his Dad has agreed to keep the club for another year.

Could it be they are paving the way for a takeover that would allow Wally to keep a percentage?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

ll with Kalas, how did we miss out on this guy from University College Dublin AFC?

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/23133/ucd-boss-collie-oneill-confirms-liam-scales-bound-for-bristol-rovers/

A defender who is part of a team which has now lost ten league matches on the spin, it would seem and who is joining "one of the Bristol clubs".

And Collie O'Neill has come up with a lovely new spin on how to refer to a Gap.

For his younger lads who'll be stepping up from Under 19's to fill the holes left by departing players, he described the massive difference as

"a canyon and a half"………….thank you Collie, for this wonderful expression, I truly doff my cap.                      

…………………..?                           

? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pillred said:

My friend at school did when they had a similar thing on coronation road in the early seventies, as you can imagine he became quite popular with us lads crowding around in the playground.

We’re they wipe clean.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, exactly that.

Maybe they got 3 numbers on the euro millions last weekend..?

Anssi Jaakkola their latest signing. Backup for Reading last season. Reading fans seem to surprisingly rate him as a good goalkeeper who's good enough to be backup lower end of Championship level. Seems to be being chucked out due to injuries. So my prediction is he'll be great until he gets injured and then they'll have Van shotstopper or whatever his name is who will be the worst goalkeeper League 1 has ever seen.

Also seem to have pretty much sealed up a deal for UCD defender Liam Scales. Irish CB aged 20, he's actually somehow been targeted a lot by Manchester City U23s, which is of course a good sign for little clubs like Rovers to look at when deciding the quality of a player. But seems decent, of course, Gasalogical sags overhyping him and not realising Manchester City look at a large quantity of U23s and even if they're signed that doesn't mean they're class. But for Gas standards, probably 2 good signings. But just a testament how big the gap is that we've got a better keeper and a goalkeeper only a little worse as what seems to be our third choice and a more experienced defender today. 

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Also during the fun time non PC days of the 70's , petrol station events and promotions even included on occasion ' Topless Petrol Forecourt Attendants' usually provided by well proportioned ample bosomed local blond and brunette beauties.  I remember one such 'topless attendant event' at my local petrol station  in Longwell Green so know its a fact that it happened ?. Those were the days my friends!  

Maybe it was @wendyredredrobin ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

01 Jul 2019 Resolutions

Just spotted the same thing whilst looking at the Filton Avenue company too. It does look like positive news however you look at it. I'm still a bit surprised they appear to be letting the dormant companies get struck off. 

• Like 1

the1stlescott Avatar
the1stlescott
14 minutes ago

Signed a Chelsea reject for 8m, more money they're spunking up the wall trying to get to the 'promised land'  :rofl:

Chelsea reject? He has a very good point, I think we should be going for Coventry's out of contract players instead.... 
Edited by Taz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

They are so withdrawn from reality of life in the higher leagues that they do not understand £8mill for a defender isn’t anything now days. 

It's a significant investment.  The more telling point is that after paying £7m for Kalas, £2m for Dasilva, £750k for Smodicz and maybe £3m for Bentley we are still £2.25m in the black from transfer fees given we got £15m from Kelly.  So we can afford to spunk 17.5 Tillsons on the best defender in the Championship.  Must make both their brain cells ache.

Edited by Nibor
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It's a significant investment.  The more telling point is that after paying £7m for Kalas, £2m for Dasilva, £750k for Smodicz and maybe £3m for Bentley we are still £2.25m in the black from transfer fees given we got £15m from Kelly.  So we can afford to spunk 17.5 Tillsons on the best defender in the Championship.  Must make both their brain cells ache.

It is a big investment but it isn’t an obnormal purchase for a championship club to make, we are just a bit slow as a club to pay these kind of fees.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It's the same poster that started the thread about our goal keeper kit.

Looks like he's City, even if he is their mod came on this forum to say he didn't ban City fans.. lets see how long that lasts

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nibor said:

And how much is left in the war chest?

Must be a significant sum still from last seasons outgoings?