IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

And how much is left in the war chest?

Must be a significant sum still from last seasons outgoings?

Dunno, I'm only talking about transfer fees there - we have a bigger than £20m a season wage bill and the club's income from regular business doesn't cover it so it's not a straightforward question.  I would think there's room for a couple more signings (if Webster goes then maybe a couple more) but because FFP works on a rolling three year period I don't think they will blow it all in one season and leave no room for manoeuvre the following year.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Dunno, I'm only talking about transfer fees there - we have a bigger than £20m a season wage bill and the club's income from regular business doesn't cover it so it's not a straightforward question.  I would think there's room for a couple more signings (if Webster goes then maybe a couple more) but because FFP works on a rolling three year period I don't think they will blow it all in one season and leave no room for manoeuvre the following year.

I would like to think that we still have £15m in the kitty to get a striker in?

If Webster goes then that’s another gap to fill but £25m would maybe give us a bit more leverage in the market

37 days to go until window closes - exciting!!

33 minutes ago, Taz said:
the1stlescott Avatar
the1stlescott
14 minutes ago

Signed a Chelsea reject for 8m, more money they're spunking up the wall trying to get to the 'promised land'  :rofl:

Chelsea reject? He has a very good point, I think we should be going for Coventry's out of contract players instead.... 

They’re blatantly a city fan

”curse those handsome devils”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8187NwkZ7qePB2L2U3cN

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

It's a significant investment.  The more telling point is that after paying £7m for Kalas, £2m for Dasilva, £750k for Smodicz and maybe £3m for Bentley we are still £2.25m in the black from transfer fees given we got £15m from Kelly.  So we can afford to spunk 17.5 Tillsons on the best defender in the Championship.  Must make both their brain cells ache.

17.5 Tillsons is £6.4m - who are we getting for that?

35 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I thought a Tillson was £400k but it turns out they're even cheaper than I remember.

One of them just posted this...

"Crazy that our record buy is still Tillson nearly 30 years ago. Can't see that changing anytime soon either."

Kalas will earn that much by mid-October !!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

It is a big investment but it isn’t an obnormal purchase for a championship club to make, we are just a bit slow as a club to pay these kind of fees.

It’s the 2nd (just) highest fee ever paid by a Championship club (at time of signing) for a defender. 

It’s not a regular occurrence at all. ESPECIALLY for a club who haven’t got premier league parachute payments. 

It’s a massive transfer, not only for us, but for the Championship. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, INCRED said:

And how much is left in the war chest?

Must be a significant sum still from last seasons outgoings?

We have an advantage there, as in we have some extremely sellable assets,

we can afford a couple more big signing without worrying about ffp and then if we don’t go up we could generate 50 million plus by selling 3 players

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Crazy that our record buy is still Tillson nearly 30 years ago. Can't see that changing anytime soon either."

That thread has now been removed from their main page.

They don't like it up 'em.

Do you Pikeys ? :sub:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

All the talk of Tillson’s made me wonder what a Tillson is adjusted for inflation.

£375,000 in 1992 was worth £762,000 in 2018.

I can’t see them ever breaking the value of a 1992 Tillson, but they’re never going to beat a 2018 Tillson.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 14:04, Mattyisared said:

Completely agree. Not sure they have the money to, have seen they hold a lot of interest in 3 players who I suppose would be considered marquee by their standards; Nicky Maynard, Danny Mayor and Ched Evans. Ched Evans has got to be completely unachievable. Even if they did have the money, a player who scores 17 goals in their league last season won't be wanting to play for a club that finished worse than the team he was playing for. I think though, that the lack of money may not be as relevant as you may think for those two considering they play for Bury and the complete fiasco that is going on there financially. May be great news for the sags. They'll have a lot of interest in them for sure from League 1, but I actually think either are achievable. Potentially both. But even if they did sign both I honestly think Maynard would completely flop but Mayor would do well. 

Edit: Saw the sags had a transfer rumours page and Mayor is out of contract. Pirate (one of the few fans on that shit website I actually respect who is surprisingly knowledgeable on players who don't play for the sags has him as his top target. Not been linked with almost any League 1 club. Seems actually pretty realistic for a lot of Sag rumours. Albeit some of them did suggest Leon Clarke, which is well...

They won't be signing Maynard he's joined a bigger club (Mansfield)

Here they go again ; 

Have a peep at the Post on their new keeper.

The local journo is , how can I put it ? , forthright with his appreciation.

What's been the general opinion of him during his time at Reading?

Personally speaking, I'm not his biggest fan. He is clearly talented but the stats don't lie: 30 appearances in three seasons. He's had three years to prove himself here and hasn't.

The article goes  on .

:10_1_108:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Will he be wearing Colin's shirt?

cd.JPG

5 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

that picture does make I laugh

This one makes me laugh more....best player EVER in a Rovers shirt.

B50C31E7-84E5-4116-91A3-6F52D1B088F6.jpeg.4ada73fc5a3c9b24acc141dcf39db3b1.jpeg

I have shown this picture to Rovers fans in a sort of “Guess your player?” quiz. They are stumped generally having no idea who he is....until I remind them.....then they kick right  off (as they do) and start blaming Ted’s.

Edited by Gert Mare

• Admin
On 01/07/2019 at 12:58, richwwtk said:

The last place I ever saw with attendants was a petrol station in Leytonstone in the late 90s.

Although there you had to pay them first and they existed purely to stop people trying to do a runner!

I went in this place on the A369 the other day and an attendant came out and filled the van up for me, it’s like going back in time...

AD8F4BA6-BB37-49E1-81B6-D5B187CC92E3.png

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14622/incomings-progress-july1st-onwards?page=6

"for just one day" ? - he would be joining the club - the team have started training. 

But any player relocating, especially from overseas, would need some time to sort out belongings, find accommodation etc. I doubt he would sign, relocate and start work all in the same day or 2. He would have stuff to sort out back in Ireland. Which is why this one may make sense to do whilst we are out there. If it indeed happens at all.

Wouldn't a potential signing want to have a look around the club and the City itself before signing, plus travelling to Bristol for a day from Dublin is hardly a big issue, announcing a signing in another country would be a bit odd. The danger with all the publicity over the weekend is that Man C or another club have now come in with a better offer.