IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Aw. Bless, how the other half live;

"TG has gone on holiday, he did contact me before he went away regards to issues raised at the AGM , I had offered money to put a canopy over the away bar, but it didn't realise that one was needed for the south west corner, so club is now looking into putting one in that side of the south stand as well. The club have decided if possible to repair the old garage and convert it into a kids area and food outlet, I think they are hoping to extend the front of it."

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

£370k - record signing .... its 2019 - I’ve gone past laughing and now wallow in the hideous embarrassment that club is to Bristol ...

Is there a list anywhere showing when clubs record buys were made?           

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Is there a list anywhere showing when clubs record buys were made?           

Here’s one - it suggests the gas are 69th on the list, sandwiched between Colchester United and Fleetwood with their huge outlay for Tillson .... it seems to have inflated their record fee to £375k though - I always thought it was £370k that they shelled out..

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/each-of-the-92-football-league-clubs-record-transfer-signings-ranked-in-order-1-9591778

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Here’s one - it suggests the gas are 69th on the list, sandwiched between Colchester United and Fleetwood with their huge outlay for Tillson .... it seems to have inflated their record fee to £375k though - I always thought it was £370k that they shelled out..

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/each-of-the-92-football-league-clubs-record-transfer-signings-ranked-in-order-1-9591778

69th ?

That's League 2, hopefully find their true level come May (or earlier)

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Aw. Bless, how the other half live;

"TG has gone on holiday, he did contact me before he went away regards to issues raised at the AGM , I had offered money to put a canopy over the away bar, but it didn't realise that one was needed for the south west corner, so club is now looking into putting one in that side of the south stand as well. The club have decided if possible to repair the old garage and convert it into a kids area and food outlet, I think they are hoping to extend the front of it."

Really is third word !

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And the photo used by The Yorkshire Post is the Atyeo statue with the Lansdown behind. Sure the Leeds, Sheff U, Wednesday etc fans will be impressed by that!

Theirs some crackers a bit costlier than Tillson, the Gas legend Dean Windass, although they couldn't be bothered to find an Oxford shirt pic of him., Gareth Ainsworth before he heard the Gas heads beautiful (but factually incorrect) version of the Gas are staying up. 

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Amazed that despite them following this thread, none of them have picked up on the company announcement that was posted on here yesterday.

I don't think they understand it; they all seem to rely upon Swiss Gas to look at the accounts as he was the only one who didn't only use his calculator in school to spell out BIG BOOBS when you turned it upside down.

It's an absolute sea change IMO but best leave them to their childish meanderings about ex-players and Da Shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't think they understand it; they all seem to rely upon Swiss Gas to look at the accounts as he was the only one who didn't only use his calculator in school to spell out BIG BOOBS when you turned it upside down.

I’ve always counted on my fingers where big boobs are involved.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Only on the first 4 of that list and I already dislike it.

It has AFC Wimbledon 2nd, and talks about a 6 figure fee paid out for someone. But ranks them based on their previous highest transfer fee of £25,000.

I understand ranking based on the highest known fee, but that was only mentioned in passing.

It says "Harrison moved to The Dons for a reported six-figure fee in excess of the 25,000 previously paid for Jon Main in 2007."

And even has Harrison in the named player part of the ranking. But they are ranked based on Main's fee.

Would have been far better written with Main listed and then "Main moved to The Don's in 2007 for £25,000. This how now been surpassed by the signing of Harrison for an undisclosed six-figure sum in 20xx"

On 01/07/2019 at 08:25, Eddie Hitler said:

Well I must say that I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe @bert tann can shed some light.

This is a necessary step so that the owners can put in more equity without having to go down the full rights issue route; Steve Lansdown regularly does this as it allows money to go in that isn't caught by FFP rules.

It is also money that you can't just hoik out by selling the ground, unlike the Dwane Sports loan.

I don't know if I really should be posting positive news for the fewers on this thread but that's certainly what it is; I suppose it provides a bit of balance to the thread.

(I was actually lookng to see if their Filton company had been struck off yet as that was due to happen today).

This is the 1883 company - the one in which people own the shares; equivalent to our BCFC Holdings.

01 Jul 2019 Resolutions
  • Resolution of removal of pre-emption rights
  • Resolution of allotment of securities
This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.

Something is afoot Eddie, and not the 3 1/2 inches claimed by critics of Rovers' President Wael Al-Qadi.

But what of the presence in the United Kingdom of Mrs Sheikh Mohammed daughter of the late King of Jordan ?  It is alleged she is here to be close to her lover a lovely man who loves football and has a sumptuous office in West London. The Princess is a billionaire in her own right and her left alone could buy Rovers a new stadium and provide a playing budget far in excess of that supplied to BCFC by Stephen Lansdown.

Exiting times ahead for Rovers and, as usual, my source is likely to be highly reliable having previously predicted that Victor Meldrew's wife would leave him for Dr Finlay. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Something is afoot Eddie, and not the 3 1/2 inches claimed by critics of Rovers' President Wael Al-Qadi.

But what of the presence in the United Kingdom of Mrs Sheikh Mohammed daughter of the late King of Jordan ?  It is alleged she is here to be close to her lover a lovely man who loves football and has a sumptuous office in West London. The Princess is a billionaire in her own right and her left alone could buy Rovers a new stadium and provide a playing budget far in excess of that supplied to BCFC by Stephen Lansdown.

Exiting times ahead for Rovers and, as usual, my source is likely to be highly reliable having previously predicted that Victor Meldrew's wife would leave him for Dr Finlay. 

Don't get too hopeful..

I understand her majesty' is never "left alone" & her 'jewels are assiduously watched over by the head of one of the stronger family tree branches & direct 'Hashim descendant Bungdit' Din.....

The informal settlement at Horfeild is no place for such a distinguished lady.

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Well Victor Meldrew's first TV acting role was in Dr Finaly's Casebook so stranger things have happened.

The filing has now been published and is the right to allot £10,000 nominal within the next 15 months.  Shares are 10p so this is 100,000 shares or 1.2% of the increased share capital.

Rather than the AQs increasing their equity investment this looks like tempting a new investor onto the Board. 

I'm surprised the EP hasn't picked up on this; I'm not hugely surprised that gaschat hasn't as they let Henbury Gas post.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Don't get too hopeful..

I understand her majesty' is never "left alone" & her 'jewels are assiduously watched over by the head of one of the stronger family tree branches & direct 'Hashim descendant Bungdit' Din.....

Is that because @Rudolf Hucker is always about....?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Don't get too hopeful..

12 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Is that because @Rudolf Hucker is always about....?

My gift to the country is the care I personally and freely take of the Crown Jewels. Every year, so many come and see them (not necessarily in that order) that it’s imperative they always look their best - and they always do. :cool:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well Victor Meldrew's first TV acting role was in Dr Finaly's Casebook so stranger things have happened.

The filing has now been published and is the right to allot £10,000 nominal within the next 15 months.  Shares are 10p so this is 100,000 shares or 1.2% of the increased share capital.

Rather than the AQs increasing their equity investment this looks like tempting a new investor onto the Board. 

I'm surprised the EP hasn't picked up on this; I'm not hugely surprised that gaschat hasn't as they let Henbury Gas post.

Hmmmm - do you think it is likely that they have somebody lined up, or will they be casting their net in the hope of dragging somebody on board?

15 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Hmmmm - do you think it is likely that they have somebody lined up, or will they be casting their net in the hope of dragging somebody on board?

It's got to be somebody specifc; you don't go through that amount of corporate faff (I know, I've done it) on the offchance.

I however have no idea who it is.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2019 at 13:25, Eddie Hitler said:

Well I must say that I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe @bert tann can shed some light.

This is a necessary step so that the owners can put in more equity without having to go down the full rights issue route; Steve Lansdown regularly does this as it allows money to go in that isn't caught by FFP rules.

It is also money that you can't just hoik out by selling the ground, unlike the Dwane Sports loan.

I don't know if I really should be posting positive news for the fewers on this thread but that's certainly what it is; I suppose it provides a bit of balance to the thread.

(I was actually lookng to see if their Filton company had been struck off yet as that was due to happen today).

This is the 1883 company - the one in which people own the shares; equivalent to our BCFC Holdings.

01 Jul 2019 Resolutions
  • Resolution of removal of pre-emption rights
  • Resolution of allotment of securities
This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.

Have I missed the subsequent discussion since the documents became available - right to allot shares with a nominal value of £10,000 . They must have plans to build a new stadium! 

Last time (2017) it was for £500,000.

EDIT - yes, now seen that I did miss the posts!

Edited by Cider_boy
being a bit slow!

11 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's an absolute sea change IMO but best leave them to their childish meanderings about ex-players and Da Shit.

Still not picked up on it - or totally confused so they ignore it.

Won't be long before someone with a brain cell explains it to the few posters on there and they can they go full into "we are considerably richer than you" mode complete with vids etc etc.

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Wonder if they’re trying to get someone on board with a view to then dumping the rest of the club on them.. 

That would be it.  Some ego stroke to Bill Gates or similar.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Won't be long before someone with a brain cell explains it to the few posters on there and they can they go full into "we are considerably richer than you" mode complete with vids etc etc.

'It's baffling; maybe only the thick 'eads post upon gaschat with the smart kids realising that they are having a multiple years' mare and just turning up for games expecting nothing but an afternoon out.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They’re probably too busy discussing our away kit to notice anything happening with their own club.

Either that or they’re whacking off to Babestation.