IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

One of my T-shirts has arrived for my holiday with my family Gashead member.....EEF66F66-BD2C-4A4A-9EC1-4FF1EB253E92.jpeg.932bdb5961194768cea6a4986466d3d6.jpeg

The photo has been reversed! I had that pic on a t shirt many years ago with the slogan “There’s only one team in Bristol” - I gave it to Gerry’s daughter, she was well chuffed and Gerry was proud of that photo ...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Swansea fans giving the Sags shit before their upcoming friendly.......made me chuckle

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/243395/bristol-rovers--parking-advice/#2

And there it is.  The big lie about everyone liking Bristol's second club ripped apart in one post:

My advice is don't go.
This is still comfortably the most unwelcoming club I have ever been to.
If you go expect to be treated like a criminal by the stewards with the Keystone Cops protecting the home supporters from you whilst said supporters attack you during the game and chuck missiles afterwards.
Only food available is the kiosk on the terrace and all pubs shut to away supporters. A complete sh!thole.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Swansea fans giving the Sags shit before their upcoming friendly.......made me chuckle

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/243395/bristol-rovers--parking-advice/#2

Also if pleasing to read on that forum is a separate thread on ‘Bristol’ with the majority agreeing it’s a cracking city and better than Cardiff

• Like 1

Another of them has seen reality; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14638/clubs-image           However everyone else then complains about this OP.

I have been spending the morning looking at websites, youtube pages and general social media from other clubs. 
Now I understand Rovers budget is not massive, but I cannot help being surprised at the lack of media content, branding and promotion that is available.
Season after season the Rovers kit is not released until open day while other clubs are releasing teasers and getting fans excited. In fact many have released there kits already.
  However Rovers have to wait to inflate a bouncy castle till the big reveal happens.
Also many clubs have interviews with new signings, managers or footage of the club returning to training. Rovers have nothing.
I think Rovers really need to look at the things they can do to make the club looks more professional as we do have a terrible reputation for being "rag bag rovers". 
This does not have to mean spending big money. There are many ideas that can be done on a budget.
Sadly Bristol City over the last few years are pulling further and further ahead in every way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

Another of them has seen reality; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14638/clubs-image           However everyone else then complains about this OP.

I have been spending the morning looking at websites, youtube pages and general social media from other clubs. ....

670156499_Screenshot2019-07-07at11_52_27.png.df3d3926a427c0cea39f9b260aba70ef.png

Surely not a serious reply by Hugo the Elder? Is this Gasirony?

• Haha 8
  • Hmmm 1

Just more excuses.

Even the majority of their lemmings I mean fans are slowly waking up to the fact that its no longer an excuse to be "1970's rag bag" with this make do and mend philosophy, temporary stands, laughable P.R and portakabin facilities.

They don't even have a training facility.

Irrespective of what we do, and sadly for them they can no longer use us as a comparison, they can see the likes of Cheltenham, Yeovil and more importantly the up and coming local Rovers of Forest Green going beyond them with fantastic ideas and ways to successfully run a small lower league club within a modest budget. In comparison it just shows how incompetent and pathetic their club really is despite the delusions of grandeur and they can only see this heading one way, which is out of the Football League and this time, never to return.

• Like 2

The problem that the fans face when having to describe their favourite places in Bristol ...

My Bristol Favourites

Memorial Stadium

rovers-memorial-ground-1449138748.jpg

“Who needs a cutting-edge stadium and innovative training ground when you have the ramshackle Mem? A place where dreams
regularly
wilt and die with the occasional blooming season. We had two of them with the ‘rise’ from the Conference to League One.
Sadly, the ‘evolution not revolution’ hashtag of Bristol Rovers owner Wael al-Qadi suggests we’ve hit our ceiling. Still, Graham
Coughlan did a good job to maintain that League One status, albeit in a situation that suited his more conservative tastes. It’ll be

interesting to see how this season pans out with the Northern Irishman in charge from day one. Either way, we’ll still come along for
the pasties, creaky speaker system and misplaced hope.”

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/people/my-bristol-favourites-james-witts/

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

Just more excuses.

Even the majority of their lemmings I mean fans are slowly waking up to the fact that its no longer an excuse to be "1970's rag bag" with this make do and mend philosophy, temporary stands, laughable P.R and portakabin facilities.

They don't even have a training facility.

Irrespective of what we do, and sadly for them they can no longer use us as a comparison, they can see the likes of Cheltenham, Yeovil and more importantly the up and coming local Rovers of Forest Green going beyond them with fantastic ideas and ways to successfully run a small lower league club within a modest budget. In comparison it just shows how incompetent and pathetic their club really is despite the delusions of grandeur and they can only see this heading one way, which is out of the Football League and this time, never to return.

Their problem is this though Swede. As we're local and, historically, have been on a similar playing level, they can't help themselves but compare themselves to us. Yes, it sounds arrogant, but we've seen huge changes in both the infrastructure, budgets, attitude and trajectory of our club and we, as City fans, are taken aback by those changes. For them, looking in, it must either be too big a chasm to cross (which is the case now) or plain 'head in the sand' denial. 

It's not just about playing levels (yes we are but 1 level in front), it's about the whole club / machine we have become in a few short years which they cannot even get close to. Imagine we were at the same level as them (god forbid), there's only 1 Bristol club with the financial might and money making facilities to move forward and it's not them.

Yes, a comparison with other clubs might be a more suitable avenue for them but we will always be in their thoughts, even though (and they know it really) we have moved on to a totally different commercial platform that they can't hope to reach.

Commercial acumen plus massively raised non-match day revenues = higher budgets =  more opportunities for success.

They can't compete with us.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The problem that the fans face when having to describe their favourite places in Bristol ...

My Bristol Favourites

Memorial Stadium

rovers-memorial-ground-1449138748.jpg

“Who needs a cutting-edge stadium and innovative training ground when you have the ramshackle Mem? A place where dreams
regularly
wilt and die with the occasional blooming season. We had two of them with the ‘rise’ from the Conference to League One.
Sadly, the ‘evolution not revolution’ hashtag of Bristol Rovers owner Wael al-Qadi suggests we’ve hit our ceiling. Still, Graham
Coughlan did a good job to maintain that League One status, albeit in a situation that suited his more conservative tastes. It’ll be

interesting to see how this season pans out with the Northern Irishman in charge from day one. Either way, we’ll still come along for
the pasties, creaky speaker system and misplaced hope.”

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/people/my-bristol-favourites-james-witts/

Shocking bit of journalism, Coughlan is from Dublin and not the North, all part of Ireland though I suppose. ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

670156499_Screenshot2019-07-07at11_52_27.png.df3d3926a427c0cea39f9b260aba70ef.png

Surely not a serious reply by Hugo the Elder? Is this Gasirony?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Belters. ?

How can their kits be any more difficult to manufacture than anyone else’s just because they look like Jockeys?

Don’t Wycombe also wear quarters? Not exactly ‘unique’ is it... 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

2 hours ago, 22A said:

I have been spending the morning looking at websites, youtube pages and general social media from other clubs. 
Now I understand Rovers budget is not massive, but I cannot help being surprised at the lack of media content, branding and promotion that is available.
Season after season the Rovers kit is not released until open day while other clubs are releasing teasers and getting fans excited. In fact many have released there kits already.
  However Rovers have to wait to inflate a bouncy castle till the big reveal happens.
Also many clubs have interviews with new signings, managers or footage of the club returning to training. Rovers have nothing.
I think Rovers really need to look at the things they can do to make the club looks more professional as we do have a terrible reputation for being "rag bag rovers". 
This does not have to mean spending big money. There are many ideas that can be done on a budget.
Sadly Bristol City over the last few years are pulling further and further ahead in every way.

So because this poster has the nerve to point out that the club could do things better he/she is accused of being a ‘ted’.

They’ve got exactly the crappy, tinpot, rag-bag club they deserve. 

Paranoid idiots.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Belters. ?

How can their kits be any more difficult to manufacture than anyone else’s just because they look like Jockeys?

In fairness to them it does take time. And there kit is unique. After all it has to have 3 sleeves sewn in and room for 2 heads . 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The photo has been reversed! I had that pic on a t shirt many years ago with the slogan “There’s only one team in Bristol” 

Correct.

The T-Shirt was one of several (Cole Not Gas, Dziekanowski in the Solidarity lettering) that were produced and sold by us in the old London Supporters Club to subsidise travel costs for those fans who couldn't regularly afford to get to The Gate.

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Their problem regarding new stadium as always been they want some one else to fund it ie the council to provide the land and despite never having planning applications for any stadium they trott out the same shite that who ever was in power at the time turned us down every time if they were to cut there cloth accordingly and built alovely stadium like rotherhams for example surley plenty of space at the mem for something simalar but thats not good enough for them mongs because they want a minimum capacity of 30 thousand to beat they teds 

• Haha 1

I think the life of the Sags is very well summed up by Yattongas.  Mind the gap
yattongas Avatar
yattongas
Fans' Favourite
4 minutes ago

When was the last time you were genuinely excited by something the club done or a player signed? 
For me it was when we got planning permission for UWE and when we re-signed Paul Randall.
Not a lot in 40 odd yrs ! ?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think the life of the Sags is very well summed up by Yattongas.  Mind the gap
yattongas Avatar
yattongas
Fans' Favourite
4 minutes ago

When was the last time you were genuinely excited by something the club done or a player signed? 
For me it was when we got planning permission for UWE and when we re-signed Paul Randall.
Not a lot in 40 odd yrs ! ?

I thought they also got excited when the carpets got cleaned in the bar? ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I thought they also got excited when the carpets got cleaned in the bar? ?

No that was when Babestation appeared on the TV. Coincidentally the carpets needed another clean after as well....

• Haha 9

This reply on gaschat on the thread makes me chuckle:

the difference being they have a tax dodging rosey cheeked lady garden chucking his laundered money at the plastics

From the club registered in Jersey and the club with a ground consisting of plastic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redsi2 said:

This reply on gaschat on the thread makes me chuckle:

the difference being they have a tax dodging rosey cheeked lady garden chucking his laundered money at the plastics

From the club registered in Jersey and the club with a ground consisting of plastic.

You have to allow some leeway.

Most of them on that forum are pretty dumb - they have limited knowledge of their own club and its actions.

They also have absolutely no inkling of what happens outside of their little domain and the 90's and 00's have passed them by.

Its a time warp on that closeted, insular, and insignificant little club that they mistakenly call a forum.

Care to disagree Pikeys - we know you are reading :sub:

17 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Belters. ?

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

Pretty sure Wycombe’s kit is out so make of that what you will!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Am I right in saying you lot haven’t got a sponsor sorted for your shirts yet . 

8 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Pretty sure Wycombe’s kit is out so make of that what you will!

Yes I know that, this particular excuse was wheeled out a couple of years back, as far as I know our shirts are out now as well, I just wondered whether anyone knew if it was true or not, that more goes into the manufacturing of quartered shirts.

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Believe it or not it’s just another case of your club making one of their ridiculous statements knowing full well that your supporters would believe it. 

Talking of your clubs statements remember the Brexit one they trotted out ?