IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Believe it or not it’s just another case of your club making one of their ridiculous statements knowing full well that your supporters would believe it. 

Talking of your clubs statements remember the Brexit one they trotted out ?

I'm not really worried about shirts tbh, I'm never likely to buy one, it does sound ridiculous doesn't it, but do you know - or are you just guessing.

No, I can't remember any Brexit statement.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes I know that, this particular excuse was wheeled out a couple of years back, as far as I know our shirts are out now as well, I just wondered whether anyone knew if it was true or not, that more goes into the manufacturing of quartered shirts.

I think it’s more to do with finding any manufacturers who are willing to have their name associated Miah

:yawn:

;)

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm not really worried about shirts tbh, I'm never likely to buy one, it does sound ridiculous doesn't it, but do you know - or are you just guessing.

No, I can't remember any Brexit statement.

I have no need to guess, how would producing a jester shirt take longer than everyone else’s? It wouldn’t, just ridiculous to think otherwise. 

Here we go Miah just for you....

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2016/june/chairmans-message/

21 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you're after free tickets, the answers no :)

No! I’d rather shite in my pants and walk Wimbledon for the duration of the second week, than go to watch Rovers. 

I was just curious as to which of the many, many tents you were lucky enough to win the opportunity to sponsor..? It’s so good of Wael to let you give him some money. What a top guy he is! 

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I have no need to guess, how would producing a jester shirt take longer than everyone else’s? It wouldn’t, just ridiculous to think otherwise. 

Here we go Miah just for you....

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2016/june/chairmans-message/

Well I will give you I don't think there was any real need for a statement on Brexit, but I can't see much wrong it what they said.

So just to confirm about the shirt, you don't know and are just guessing :)

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No! I’d rather shite in my pants and walk Wimbledon for the duration of the second week, than go to watch Rovers. 

I was just curious as to which of the many, many tents you were lucky enough to win the opportunity to sponsor..? It’s so good of Wael to let you give him some money. What a top guy he is! 

Well he looked like he needed a few quid, so we were glad to be able to help out :)

There are currently just the 3 tents at Rovers although only 2 were up for sponsorship (maybe the 3rd is for the mystery missing shirt sponsor) .

It's the South West stand that has the honour of being known as the Termination Technology stand next season !

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Well he looked like he needed a few quid, so we were glad to be able to help out :)

There are currently just the 3 tents at Rovers although only 2 were up for sponsorship (maybe the 3rd is for the mystery missing shirt sponsor) .

It's the South West stand that has the honour of being known as the Termination Technology stand next season !

Fair play to you and anyone else who financially supports their local club. Whichever club that is..! Big respect for that! 

Do you get sponsorship guaranteed for the whole season, or do they have to review in on a month by month basis, to check that the “stand” hasn’t blown away..? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Fair play to you and anyone else who financially supports their local club. Whichever club that is..! Big respect for that! 

Do you get sponsorship guaranteed for the whole season, or do they have to review in on a month by month basis, to check that the “stand” hasn’t blown away..? 

One of the many things we sell is cable ties, so we will be making sure to use plenty of heavy duty ones to hold the thing down just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

Maybe there's a local company that could help you out? Bespoke designs (that for you would still look like a Tesco bag no matter how well done) and in the shop on time with great stock control from a local supplier.

Can't remember their name, i think they already make shirts for a club about Rovers size Bath City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well I will give you I don't think there was any real need for a statement on Brexit, but I can't see much wrong it what they said.

So just to confirm about the shirt, you don't know and are just guessing :)

For a club who has a long history of blaming everyone but themselves it seems fairly obvious.

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

One of the many things we sell is cable ties, so we will be making sure to use plenty of heavy duty ones to hold the thing down just in case.

Wouldn’t you get more press exposure if the thing came crashing down..?

Think about it... if you tamper with the guide ropes and a moderate breeze caused the “stand” to come crashing down, News cameras would project your companies name nationwide. At worst.. you get mobile advertising down Gloucester Road/Muller Road (depending on the direction of aforementioned moderate breeze) 

How did you get to a position of being able to afford “stadium” sponsorship, when you miss such subtle marketing techniques..?

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wouldn’t you get more press exposure if the thing came crashing down..?

Think about it... if you tamper with the guide ropes and a moderate breeze caused the “stand” to come crashing down, News cameras would project your companies name nationwide. At worst.. you get mobile advertising down Gloucester Road/Muller Road (depending on the direction of aforementioned moderate breeze) 

How did you get to a position of being able to afford “stadium” sponsorship, when you miss such subtle marketing techniques..?

I like your thinking, would you like a job? I'm sure diversity laws require us to employ a few teds anyway :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't know, that's why I'm asking! 

As they're not sewn anymore, I would imagine a 'stripe' would be equally difficult as quarters Miah. They're pretty much printed nowadays I think so it would be more difficult than a plain red shirt (for example) but certainly not as tricky as is being made out. They would have been more tricky to manufacture back in the day I guess but they're a single piece of fabric nowadays and just follow a pre-programmed pattern don't they?

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

As they're not sewn anymore, I would imagine a 'stripe' would be equally difficult as quarters Miah. They're pretty much printed nowadays I think so it would be more difficult than a plain red shirt (for example) but certainly not as tricky as is being made out. They would have been more tricky to manufacture back in the day I guess but they're a single piece of fabric nowadays and just follow a pre-programmed pattern don't they?

These things take time......

• Haha 2

how long does it take to procure a shirt that is somewhat reminiscent of a jester / mouldy battenburg pattern?  They could always revert to the whiteboard coloured in quarters idea, get plain white t-shirts and colour in the quarters themselves with blue felt tip (colour by {massive} numbers perhaps?)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

I wouldn’t have thought so...although like you I don’t work in the business of manufacturing football shirts. 

Blackburn have a unique pattern therefore if it is true then they should experience the same problems. In fact any club who doesn’t wear a generic one colour shirt (ie hoops, stripes or a band around the chest like us last year) should have the same issues?

Wycombe’s quarters were out this time last year but not our so far this summer. Plymouth’s quartered away shirt was out in June last year, and if you think quarters are a challenging design you should see their away kit this year, also released in June.

It sounds like a lame excuse to me Miah but, like I say, I don’t know...

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wouldn’t have thought so...although like you I don’t work in the business of manufacturing football shirts. 

Blackburn have a unique pattern therefore if it is true then they should experience the same problems. In fact any club who doesn’t wear a generic one colour shirt (ie hoops, stripes or a band around the chest like us last year) should have the same issues?

Wycombe’s quarters were out this time last year but not our so far this summer. Plymouth’s quartered away shirt was out in June last year, and if you think quarters are a challenging design you should see their away kit this year, also released in June.

It sounds like a lame excuse to me Miah but, like I say, I don’t know...

Our keepers' shirt would be far more complicated than quarters and we managed okay.

Image result for daniel bentley