IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So the new signing is a Luke Leahy (released by Walsall).

With the tramp and Chris Lines gone and apart from the prolific Nicholls I'm struggling to name any of the wessons in the jesters first eleven such is the ever widening gap.

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:55, Keith Welch said:

They are flying to Ireland with Ryanair for pre-season.

Is it normal for teams to travel with budget airlines?

Why not? Ryanair is probably the best option to get to Ireland flying from Bristol. If it was City would you prefer that they hired a private jet?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It can't be. I've had bespoke cycling jerseys made by small companies with the most elaborate designs (artwork supplied by me). Turnaround a couple of weeks and that includes shipping from China. 

Yes, but I would imagine that would be a one off. Where as we would have to order literally thousands for our fanbase :)

As I said before, I really don't have a clue whether it is more difficult to make quartered shirts or not and from the answers on here no one else does really either. I only mentioned it as it was an excuse the club gave out a couple of seasons ago. Unless there is someone who works for a kit manufacturer on here I'll guess we'll never know and I'm sure none of us will lose too much sleep over that!

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why not? Ryanair is probably the best option to get to Ireland flying from Bristol. If it was City would you prefer that they hired a private jet?

Are Lingus fly twice a day and is a far better experience, it is a couple of quid more expensive though which might of been the deciding factor ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And then there were five.

Companies' House dissolves the Filton Avenue Guarantee Company.

16 Jul 2019 Final Gazettedissolved via compulsory strike-off

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06912935/filing-history

Is there anything to be worried about regarding these offshoot companies being struck-off?  All a bit too complicated for my pea sized brain! 

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Is there anything to be worried about regarding these offshoot companies being struck-off?  All a bit too complicated for my pea sized brain! 

I’ll be honest and say that I don’t know all the ins and outs myself, usually these companies are set up to spread risk etc and for any new ventures. It might suggest that they were set up for developments that are no longer going ahead?

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No, nothing to worry about.

It's seen as bad form to let them go like this rather than do it yourself but it's no worse than that.

It looks like another two will be allowed to be struck off.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

another new signing today on loan from Sheffield United (Tyler Smith - a striker).  One of the richest clubs in England still not opening the wallet to any great effect, the only thing in Wael's wallet appears to be a Chelsea season ticket and mothballs

Plus a receipt for an expensive watch and a loyalty card for Marquees r Us.

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No nothing to worry about rovers in safe hands weal a nice man he and his family are going to build a new stadium and build the training ground theses think take time

only joking ?

and yes I would be very worried 

hope you have a season to remember as it’s may be your last one?

4 hours ago, harrys said:

Are Lingus fly twice a day and is a far better experience, it is a couple of quid more expensive though which might of been the deciding factor ?

Meh, swings and roundabouts. I have only used Ryanair twice and both times were fine. Aer Lingus I flew with once, which was an awful experience although to be fair that was more to do with the fact that we had quite a few pints in the airport and I was sat at the front of a tiny plane so when the trolley dolly was out you couldn't pass it to go to the loo- I was in agony!  Which, of all people, Warren Gatland found hilarious!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet they are happy to pay more for their seasontickets than what we do! 

Shouldn't put them off though they take massive numbers wherever they go, cos it’s what they do’s.

Edit: Just noticed that’s for their HOME games so I’ll let them off they don’t bother turning up to those.

That's a little bit disingenuous though isn't it, SOME of your tickets in SOME parts of your ground are cheaper than ours, but given most of our season tickets are for terraces and most of our season tickets sold are to existing season ticket holders most people would have paid £285.