IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That's a little bit disingenuous though isn't it, SOME of your tickets in SOME parts of your ground are cheaper than ours, but given most of our season tickets are for terraces and most of our season tickets sold are to existing season ticket holders most people would have paid £285.

I think the key thing here is value for money. Nicer surroundings and a higher standard of football. Even in the cheap seats 

46 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That's a little bit disingenuous though isn't it, SOME of your tickets in SOME parts of your ground are cheaper than ours, but given most of our season tickets are for terraces and most of our season tickets sold are to existing season ticket holders most people would have paid £285.

Terraces? Bless. 

For younger OTIB members, terraces were (and apparently still are) a flight of wide, shallow steps providing standing room for spectators in a stadium or tented village. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Miah, you’re not comparing like with like. You should compare the price of your season tickets with those clubs of a similar stature. For example, you can get a season ticket at Bristol Manor Farm for £108 if purchased before 1 July. Better football and a better stadium for far less money 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

For younger OTIB members, terraces were (and apparently still are) a flight of wide, shallow steps providing standing room for spectators in a stadium or tented village. 

Save where they were narrow and steep and at places like Wigan now't more than a grass bank which in mid-winter was a tough mudder deathtrap.....

Meh, swings and roundabouts. I have only used Ryanair twice and both times were fine. Aer Lingus I flew with once, which was an awful experience although to be fair that was more to do with the fact that we had quite a few pints in the airport and I was sat at the front of a tiny plane so when the trolley dolly was out you couldn't pass it to go to the loo- I was in agony!  Which, of all people, Warren Gatland found hilarious!

To be fair to Ryanair their prices are crazy, you can fly to the West coast of Ireland for £20 return,  compare that to our fat, greedy, filthy trains we have in the UK

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Save where they were narrow and steep and at places like Wigan now't more than a grass bank which in mid-winter was a tough mudder deathtrap.....

Ah Springfield Park, standing on t’bank. We arrived in Wigan and went to visit Wigan Pier and buy Uncle Joe’s Mintballs, had a couple of pints in a nearby pub then saw a couple of locals who were obviously heading to the ground so we offered them a lift in return for directions. I guess I’ve not thought of that for more than thirty years!  Strange the crap we’ve got lodged in our memories. 

(Just looked it up - 23 April 1985, 2-2 Attendance 2,423!)

• Like 1

75 of your English Pounds for a season ticket at Melksham.  Get hold of Jeffers, he'll sort you out @Miah Dennehy.  Nice ground, good bar and top food.  Don't do tapas yet but I'm campaigning for it!  Footy ain't brilliant………..but you'd be quite used to that ?

C2IvFUkWIAE-YWH.jpg-large.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Ah Springfield Park, standing on t’bank. We arrived in Wigan and went to visit Wigan Pier and buy Uncle Joe’s Mintballs, had a couple of pints in a nearby pub then saw a couple of locals who were obviously heading to the ground so we offered them a lift in return for directions. I guess I’ve not thought of that for more than thirty years!  Strange the crap we’ve got lodged in our memories. 

I do remember having a great time on the grass bank at Springfield park in the rain. I've no idea what the score was but we were covered in mud all the way home! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

My point still stands, some of you as you mention pay more than we do, for the difference in standards and value for money those fools are being robbed. I see fair few haven’t bothered renewing for this season? Perhaps their mates will pass theirs through the fence?

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

My point still stands, some of you as you mention pay more than we do, for the difference in standards and value for money those fools are being robbed. I see fair few haven’t bothered renewing for this season? Perhaps their mates will pass theirs through the fence?

No mate - they'm all electrified now. Got to scan the card or ticket an that before going in - can't use it twice anymore. They'm up to date with they new fangled bar coders. Championship ready innit.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No mate - they'm all electrified now. Got to scan the card or ticket an that before going in - can't use it twice anymore. They'm up to date with they new fangled bar coders. Championship ready innit.

Yeah right let’s see how long they last. If they are as tinpot as their last ticket scanners then Fred will be back in work pushing his pedal to let the morons in.

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

About £3 a game less (Adult prices) than watching championship football from the sold out South Stand at Ashton Gate. 

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

so you offered them a lift, then no doubt you went on to 'give them one' !   

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Springfield Park - one of the last grounds to sell Wagon Wheels in the away end ...

I think Rovers still have the left over stock from Springfield Park, available from the catering kiosks at the Mem. 

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Yeah right let’s see how long they last. If they are as tinpot as their last ticket scanners then Fred will be back in work pushing his pedal to let the morons in.

Actually it was a "peddle", if you've been following this thread. From the now obsolete "peddler", a "hawker" or pikey clothes peg/lucky heather vendor. Appropriately.

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The Shay in 1984 had the same. Went by train, and a donkey jacket- clad MHH on the pitch when we scored (2-1, I vaguely recall).

Stood on side terracing, so avoided the grass.

14 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Terraces? Bless. 

The younger OTIB members might also care to note that terraces are something many older OTIB members wish were still around when they bore you with tales of 'the good old days'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

75 of your English Pounds for a season ticket at Melksham.  Get hold of Jeffers, he'll sort you out @Miah Dennehy.  Nice ground, good bar and top food.  Don't do tapas yet but I'm campaigning for it!  Footy ain't brilliant………..but you'd be quite used to that ?

C2IvFUkWIAE-YWH.jpg-large.jpeg

Been there twice with Rovers, only friendlies, but you never know, could be a league game one day!

• Haha 1