IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That sounds cheap to demolish a big terrace and build a new stand ... not saying you’re incorrect though ...

I have the cost in a BCFC book somewhere. I thought it was about £3m of which half came from an FA grant? Something like that. 

Anyway, it was roughly the same price as a 3 bed terraced house off North Street today. 

Edited by CotswoldRed

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

So all those years so it cost nearly £2mill, and they think now they could build that and a lansdown stand for 10 to 15 mill 

They “could” build Wembley stadium for £5million and they’d be somewhere in the region of £5million short of being able to do so..! 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I seem to recall we originally wanted a two tier stand costing about £2.5m?  Shame as that would have fitted in better with what we have now. Sure they built it with expansion possible but probably cheaper to start again these days 

I think that idea bit the dust when it was realised that it probably wouldn’t get planning permission due to blocking the light on the houses behind. A two tier stand wouldn’t just be higher, it would go back farther, right up to the boundary of the houses gardens. 

Here they go again ?........

The MEM is a ******* awful stadium, l have been to every ground in the EFL and ours is definitely in the bottom 5. With no training ground and a Chairman who does not give a ****: BRFC have no chance of keeping it’s better players, while attracting so called “marquee players” , unfortunate but true. The only premier League thing about Rovers are the magnificent supporters.

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

• Haha 13

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Here they go again ?........

The MEM is a ******* awful stadium, l have been to every ground in the EFL and ours is definitely in the bottom 5. With no training ground and a Chairman who does not give a ****: BRFC have no chance of keeping it’s better players, while attracting so called “marquee players” , unfortunate but true. The only premier League thing about Rovers are the magnificent supporters.

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

What a coincidence his 3 new non bristolians support the gas now, with our attendances rising by 8000+ and there's falling every year you'd almost believed it wasn't true!

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1