IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Yeah interesting to see where he meets these people with new jobs. What I will say is if I moved to say essex for work I would probably watch games at Colchester say as opposed to Ipswich, or Southend etc. Only because it is far cheaper and that they are underdogs. Of course this couldn't possibly be the reason for watching Bristol City or The Liars Fc.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah interesting to see where he meets these people with new jobs. What I will say is if I moved to say essex for work I would probably watch games at Colchester say as opposed to Ipswich, or Southend etc. Only because it is far cheaper and that they are underdogs. Of course this couldn't possibly be the reason for watching Bristol City or The Liars Fc.

The three people he met probably all came here from Cardiff.

I would be interested to know just how wide your social circle would need to be to meet three people that moved to Bristol for work, decided to go to both Bristol clubs before choosing one to follow and then all chose the ramshackle bunch.

That Henbury bloke must meet a lot of people!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I would be interested to know just how wide your social circle would need to be to meet three people that moved to Bristol for work, decided to go to both Bristol clubs before choosing one to follow and then all chose the ramshackle bunch.

Not only that, he's spoken to at least three people who fit those exact circumstances, so there's probably hundreds more...

• Like 1

Here's another saggie on facebook, telling anyone who will listen, how special their support is. It's now 46,000 that went to the Millenium Stadium! Is it just me, or does that number creep up every year? How long before it's 50k?

And how many went to Wembley for their non league final? Any official figures given anywhere, because I'm almost certain it was quite a bit less than 30k.

Screenshot_2019-07-17-19-59-40-626_com.facebook.katana.png

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The comment was ridiculed and challenged by a few of them to be fair.

50 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Here's another saggie on facebook, telling anyone who will listen, how special their support is. It's now 46,000 that went to the Millenium Stadium! Is it just me, or does that number creep up every year? How long before it's 50k?

And how many went to Wembley for their non league final? Any official figures given anywhere, because I'm almost certain it was quite a bit less than 30k.

59,000 attended the Donny game in Cardiff so did the real Rovers only bring 13,000 fans ??

nickchippenhamgas
Youth Team
Apr 18, 2019 at 8:12am
eric likes this
wertongas said:
That’s it think small be small my friend!!

Well I would rather see the club survive than put its future at risk with something that is not viable. 

I just think if we accept league 1 top half or a once every 30 years play in the championship with some of the big boys is what you think we’re good for, or should set our sights on is our goal then a make do and mend 15,000 stadium fits perfectly. Don’t forget we are alleged to have a capacity in excess of 12,000 after recent tent additions! I’m telling you this, if I had Steve lansdowns money the gas would have a 28,000 seat stadium now, and we’d be filling it I’ve no doubt in city’s position

4 minutes ago, Unan said:
nickchippenhamgas
Youth Team
Apr 18, 2019 at 8:12am
eric likes this
wertongas said:
That’s it think small be small my friend!!

Well I would rather see the club survive than put its future at risk with something that is not viable. 

I just think if we accept league 1 top half or a once every 30 years play in the championship with some of the big boys is what you think we’re good for, or should set our sights on is our goal then a make do and mend 15,000 stadium fits perfectly. Don’t forget we are alleged to have a capacity in excess of 12,000 after recent tent additions! I’m telling you this, if I had Steve lansdowns money the gas would have a 28,000 seat stadium now, and we’d be filling it I’ve no doubt in city’s position

Yes, of course. They haven't averaged over 10,000 since the mid 1970s, but they'd defeinitely be getting 28,000 every week if they were in the Championship :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Ah but how many did UNITED bring ?

Ah! Yes the mighty Doncaster United,don’t believe we’ve ever played them,how many times have the sags played them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When I moved to London I went to Dulwich Hamlet games despite living closer to Fulham, Chelsea, and even Wimbledon. Dulwich are vastly inferior to those teams and their ground is barely better than the Mem (although there aren't any tents).

Why did I go? It was £8 and you could drink whilst watching the game.

Would I ever have said Dulwich were a bigger club than the ones mentioned above? Absolutely not.

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Here they go again ?........

The MEM is a ******* awful stadium, l have been to every ground in the EFL and ours is definitely in the bottom 5. With no training ground and a Chairman who does not give a ****: BRFC have no chance of keeping it’s better players, while attracting so called “marquee players” , unfortunate but true. The only premier League thing about Rovers are the magnificent supporters.

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Strange. I’ve seen several (certainly more than 3) away fans describing a visit to the Mem in slightly less favourable terms..! 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

When I moved to London I went to Dulwich Hamlet games despite living closer to Fulham, Chelsea, and even Wimbledon. Dulwich are vastly inferior to those teams and their ground is barely better than the Mem (although there aren't any tents).

Why did I go? It was £8 and you could drink whilst watching the game.

Would I ever have said Dulwich were a bigger club than the ones mentioned above? Absolutely not.

A friend of my mine got a job move from Trowbridge to London... he bought a flat in Dulwich with his wife and now considers  them his local team, goes to most home games. I’ve been up for a couple of Dulwich games myself and it’s a really enjoyable day out ... especially as you can stand behind the goal with a pint in hand !!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

A friend of my mine got a job move from Trowbridge to London... he bought a flat in Dulwich with his wife and now considers  them his local team, goes to most home games. I’ve been up for a couple of Dulwich games myself and it’s a really enjoyable day out ... especially as you can stand behind the goal with a pint in hand !!

The Toilet's Opposite Stand at Champion Hill is, in my opinion, one of the greatest stands in the country.

13 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Judging by their attendances it looks as though these days, a lot of Rovers supporters have chosen to drink instead of watching the game. 

Apparently they go to bicycle races, festivals and stand in car parks, instead of watching the games. 

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Hahahaha, I know... what a bullshitter!

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Yeah but it's not glory hunting though.....they just won't come back until Rovers are winning every week and walking promotion each season. Totally different obviously 

Plastic, hypocritical *****

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

5 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes, of course. They haven't averaged over 10,000 since the mid 1970s, but they'd defeinitely be getting 28,000 every week if they were in the Championship :laugh:

Amazing really, only ever had 20k plus crowds at a time when pretty much every football club in the country had big crowds, 40+ years of sub 10k averages even in L1 when they've been doing reasonably well, can't fill their tiny ground now

BUT

Give them a stadium that happens to have a capacity 1k more than ours and all of a sudden their 'massive' support comes out of the woodwork week in week out.

Either...they're plastic as **** and will only watch their team if they've got a nice comfy seat to sit in OR those fans don't exist.

Deluded morons. 

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Amazing really, only ever had 20k plus crowds at a time when pretty much every football club in the country had big crowds, 40+ years of sub 10k averages even in L1 when they've been doing reasonably well, can't fill their tiny ground now

BUT

Give them a stadium that happens to have a capacity 1k more than ours and all of a sudden their 'massive' support comes out of the woodwork week in week out.

Either...they're plastic as **** and will only watch their team if they've got a nice comfy seat to sit in OR those fans don't exist.

Deluded morons. 

A case of if you pretend to build it they will pretend to come.

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Like Barnet fans?

Spitting as well, dirty bastards

43283726-F8FF-449F-9D91-12AD612641F7.jpeg

Ah but in fairness, we never play Barnet. If we played Barnet regularly then I’ve no doubt whatsoever that this same fan would prefer Rovers to us. 

• Haha 4

"I started watching Rovers at Eastville. Great time there which went sour at the end as we were forced to leave what was the best site in Bristol of any football stadium. What if we still owned it now! 
We were forced out because we didn't own the site. Exiled for 10 years in Bath we crept back to Bristol as tenants of Bristol Rugby. 
So what did Geoff Dunford ever do for us? L3 Champions beating some other team to it. Promoted to tier 2 with an ex England manager. Every player from that squad went on to play in the top tier of English football. Has any other local team achieved that?
Dunford then achieved the near impossible at that time and we now own a stadium."