IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Crikey, some nibbles on here.

?

I just hope Mark Little sleeps well at night.

It’s not fishing or nibbles though, it’s just showing what a thick bunch of muppets the majority of your fan base actually are

48 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Down’s syndrome can’t be insulted but people and their families with downs syndrome could be your frankly insulting and I’ll thought out remarks! They’re a people and tar them with the same brush is disgusting!

Are you trying to make a point there? 

The word “person I disagree with” is racist in origin and was used against people who have Down’s Syndrome. 

I wasn’t having a go at Kodjias Wrist as I know people use the word without realising what it means. 

I guess my post should have had “Down’s Syndrome people”, apologies for missing out a word. There were bugger all insults in my post though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Are you trying to make a point there? 

The word “person I disagree with” is racist in origin and was used against people who have Down’s Syndrome. 

I wasn’t having a go at Kodjias Wrist as I know people use the word without realising what it means. 

I guess my post should have had “Down’s Syndrome people”, apologies for missing out a word. There were bugger all insults in my post though. 

No point really it’s just the word person I disagree with isn’t mutually exclusive to Down syndrome any more than idiot or imbecile! Words and meanings change! 

The word person I disagree with is sort for mongrel as far as I was aware when I was kid (not that I used it)! 

No offense meant but people get far to offended for everything these days!

4 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

No point really it’s just the word person I disagree with isn’t mutually exclusive to Down syndrome any more than idiot or imbecile! Words and meanings change! 

The word person I disagree with is sort for mongrel as far as I was aware when I was kid (not that I used it)! 

No offense meant but people get far to offended for everything these days!

Words do change, but "person I disagree with" has a very clear meaning.  Nobody here was offended by the use of the word, I was just pointing out the irony of a post about racism that used the word.

It's no biggie though, I can't be arsed to argue on this.

12 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Words do change, but "person I disagree with" has a very clear meaning.  Nobody here was offended by the use of the word, I was just pointing out the irony of a post about racism that used the word.

It's no biggie though, I can't be arsed to argue on this.

Well its even more ironic given your avatar. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/features/mock-the-disabled-me-ricky-gervais-on-how-he-has-been-misunderstood-7621909.html%3famp

As @Bar BS3 and @hail gus cesaerdepends how it is interpreted. But agree i had no idea of origins as i expect many don't.

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well its even more ironic given your avatar. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/features/mock-the-disabled-me-ricky-gervais-on-how-he-has-been-misunderstood-7621909.html%3famp

As @Bar BS3 and @hail gus cesaerdepends how it is interpreted. But agree i had no idea of origins as i expect many don't.

Can I kindly request you guys take this to a pm or another thread so we can all get back to the task in hand

that is laughing and continuing mocking of rovers and all the stupid cock ups

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

When I was involved in kids football it was always Southampton snapping up the best kids (Brian Tinnion was involved with them).

I always thought it was a crying shame, these kids who were half decent , getting picked up at ridiculously young ages and in many cases their parents encouraging it.

Let them play with their mates, if they really are good enough the clubs will get them when it matters.

15 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

He didn’t invent it he stole the idea and patented first.

He never spoke to his wife or mother on the phone ever. Any idea why without googling it? 

Both his wife and mother were deaf, hence his interest in speech and hearing  - something I remember from my junior schooldays: I may be wrong - it was a long time ago - but I seem to recall that he refused to actually use the telephone.

One thing that has always intrigued/amused me is that we often say 'I'll give him a call, or a 'bell': isn't it a lovely coincidence that the name of the telephone's inventor is so closely aligned with his actual invention?

Alexander Graham Bell is not the only inventor to have his name incorporated in to everyday language: just think of Hoover and, of course, who could ever forget the famous English plumber, Thomas Crapper?

• Like 1

I can certainly see another season coming where we are fighting for promotion, they are battling against relegation, our crowds are going up, theirs falling and them boasting that they have the best fans in the world because they actually have nothing to boast about and never had.

Looking forward to it, but they are coming for us ?

From an HITC article by Peter O'Rourke ... 

Bristol Rovers are reluctant to lose their star striker, but they could be forced to cash-in on Clarke-Harris for the right offer due to tight finances at the club.

Clarke-Harris is understood to have a buy-out in his contract and Bristol Rovers are bracing themselves for offers for the former Oldham and Rotherham forward

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Bristol Rovers are reluctant to lose their star striker, but they could be forced to cash-in on Clarke-Harris for the right offer due to tight finances at the club.

Clarke-Harris is understood to have a buy-out in his contract and Bristol Rovers are bracing themselves for offers for the former Oldham and Rotherham forward

Go on Steve, you know you want to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Go on Steve, you know you want to.

SL breaks out the cheque book...."Sorry, did you say £300k or £10m?"