IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

"Good to be playing against Bristol Rovers today, on my way down. Proper club #brfc are, #gasheads are proper top notch folk. As for #BristolCity...their fans are proper sad, strange folks desperate to relegate us a couple of years ago. Ashton Gate smells like poo as well."

So by definition of a proper club this fake brummie expects to see numerous tents & sheds, drink fake Fanta and watch a group of men meander around in unusual quirky clothing.

Seems like he's mistaken a football ground for some middle eastern market . . . .how bazaar!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

"Good to be playing against Bristol Rovers today, on my way down. Proper club #brfc are, #gasheads are proper top notch folk. As for #BristolCity...their fans are proper sad, strange folks desperate to relegate us a couple of years ago. Ashton Gate smells like poo as well."

So by definition of a proper club this fake brummie expects to see numerous tents & sheds, drink fake Fanta and watch a group of men meander around in unusual quirky clothing.

Seems like he's mistaken a football ground for some middle eastern market . . . .how bazaar!

Presumably if the shoe was on the other foot a couple of seasons ago, he'd have wanted Brum to sit back and let us survive. Yeah, right. 

55 minutes ago, Swede said:

Since 2000 Birmingham have been in the Premiership and won the League Cup, they play in a City with a population far bigger than Bristol yet their crowds don’t reflect this...often getting lower attendances than us.

This Brummies definition of a ‘proper club’ with ‘proper fans’ is simply just a club with inferior facilities and crowds to their nearest neighbours...a club just like them basically.

• Haha 1

Come on...! I’m sure we’ve all been to away matches, pre-season or otherwise, at grounds with a mish mash of temporary, canvas roofed “stands”, joining up the gaps inbetween 2 very odd, random looking stands, with a bit of crumbing terracing behind one goal - where the refreshments were with fake or out of date, and where the home numbers of support only just topped those of the visiting team, and I’m sure that the overwhelming feeling of all of us on those occasions has been how impressive it all is and what a “proper” club they must be. 

Especially when compared to their City rivals, scraping by on their 20k+ attendances, in their rebuilt stadium that is the envy of many, building a reputation of producing their own big money talent and nurturing that of some of the top premier league clubs.

I can totally see where this guy is coming from and it sounds completely legit to me..! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Come on...! I’m sure we’ve all been to away matches, pre-season or otherwise, at grounds with a mish mash of temporary, canvas roofed “stands”, joining up the gaps inbetween 2 very odd, random looking stands, with a bit of crumbing terracing behind one goal - where the refreshments were with fake or out of date, and where the home numbers of support only just topped those of the visiting team, and I’m sure that the overwhelming feeling of all of us on those occasions has been how impressive it all is and what a “proper” club they must be. 

Especially when compared to their City rivals, scraping by on their 20k+ attendances, in their rebuilt stadium that is the envy of many, building a reputation of producing their own big money talent and nurturing that of some of the top premier league clubs.

I can totally see where this guy is coming from and it sounds completely legit to me..! ?

yep august 2005 

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Like when you see dozens of drunken hen nights on the waterfront on a Saturday night dressed up as some kind of nautical ladies of the night;

gas girls.JPG

Can’t even do that with any class can they. 

Every other female team has the club name then women or ladies after it. But no , they’ve just come up a new viz character 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Like when you see dozens of drunken hen nights on the waterfront on a Saturday night dressed up as some kind of nautical ladies of the night;

gas girls.JPG

This is meant to be a logo for bristol rovers womens team, right? Will they all be wearing eye liner make up and play presumably in leather jackets?

I must say it all looks a bit demeaning and sexist to me. Perhaps the leather jacket is to cover up the joker's outfit underneath.

• Like 1

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat ?, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.

Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.

Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

We have a winner.  :rofl2br:

15er of the week ! :laughcont:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat ?, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

?

But, but a Birmingham fan told them it was authentic and genuine and a proper football ground. And Ashton Gate smells of poo.

So who do we believe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Wow!  wot about this heat then?

Naturally with the facilities at The Gate everyone's remained pretty cool... COYR's always cool! 

Meanwhile..

Reports from Horfield say the heat has been extremely in tents at The Mem..... Naturally!! 

It's been that warm at the mem that they've taken the roof off the toilets.

sh.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

But, but a Birmingham fan told them it was authentic and genuine and a proper football ground. And Ashton Gate smells of poo.

So who do we believe?

I've often wondered why they lie so much, must be the fumes from that stale Fanta.  Not sure why they are getting agitated by Swansea, who are a bigger club than them in every aspect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

?

Yet they wonder why we continue to take the piss on this thread??? 

This thick moron reckons Swansea fans should remember where they came from because he remembers going to the Vetch,  well this would of been over 15 years ago ATLEAST!! It’s not something anything or anyone associated with the Fewers but it’s called progress, and have moved on from the 70’s unlike them. Bitter and jealous little turd clearly doesn’t like anyone other than a fellow Sag when stating facts about Chernobyl.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

This thick moron reckons Swansea fans should remember where they came from because he remembers going to the Vetch,  well this would of been over 15 years ago ATLEAST!! It’s not something anything or anyone associated with the Fewers but it’s called progress, and have moved on from the 70’s unlike them. Bitter and jealous little turd clearly doesn’t like anyone other than a fellow Sag when stating facts about Chernobyl.

the Vetch Field was a state of the art stadia compared to the Minimal (how anyone can label it a 'stadium' is one of life's mysteries)

1 hour ago, BobbyC said:

It's been that warm at the mem that they've taken the roof off the toilets.

sh.JPG

Good on them, I had no idea that their improvement grant application had been accepted, let alone the new facilities up and running already. With state of the art removable roof too?  Wow that IS impressive. These things usually take time. 

A great way to 'get rid of the Gas' as well!

33 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

There were only 1,200 there and Rovers took over 3,000..!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

?

No BJs for Swansea fans in ‘the welly’ tonight then....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems to have been a weird game. Swansea put out a very strong team and the sags put out a decent quality team with a few younger players in it. In fact second half the sags had almost an U23s team. But yeah, Swansea definitely weren't playing their youth team. I'm not getting overly excited because two losses to Championship level opposition is, well, expected for them. They play Plymouth away in a friendly on Saturday. If they get battered by them, reminiscent of their 4-0 drubbing to Exeter last season, that will be the time to get excited. With Bury and Bolton both on minus 12 points, depleted squads and Clarke-Harris imo looking like he's not going to leave then relegation seems unlikely to me. Their financial situation is a completely different beast though, which is clear through the fact they haven't spent anything this window!

EDIT: Think about it like this. The longer Rovers are in League 1, the more we get to see them lose, and the higher the probability of them getting even worse financially. 

Edited by Mattyisared
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

All paranoid about not being in a video about Bristol. 

Its not fair

They can cry and stamp their feet/hooves as much as they like but it was only a couple of years ago that they were desperately trying to move OUT of Bristol (again).

I never see anyone wearing sag shirts in public anyway so I don’t know why they get so pissy about the lack of sag shirts in some poxy Council video?