IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat ?, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.

Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

?

That can’t be right - a gashead attended an away match at The Vetch and the crowd was ‘around 1,200’ - no way, da gas take massive numbers away it’s ‘just what they do’ - so surely they’d have taken 5k+ to a relatively short distance away day?! 

Or perhaps their away following is just quite crap ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is from their official report of the game

Fulton did go off as McKay came on, so we could potentially claim that word compound, although in reality McKay replaced Routledge, if you really want to keep up with appearances....

Joel Asoro nudged in on the line in stoppage minutes to add insult to injury time, but Rovers will come on for the run-out, for sure....

Attendance: 2,076 (568 away)

Does anyone speak gas? If so please translate.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/match-report-swansea-city/

Edited by CiderJar

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

This is from their official report of the game

Does anyone speak gas? If so please translate.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/match-report-swansea-city/

In fairness, their home support over the last 2 matches would have over filled 1/3rd of the south stand at Ashton Gate ?  

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat ?, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.

Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

?

They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

Forward thinking council!!! Bloody cheek!

Typical sags, its always someone else's fault  wanting someone else to pay for their new ground, its Wycombe's fault we got relegated, anyone with the slightest difference of opinion is shouted down and banned as a Ted, we're too big for the ground yet have hardly sold out in years.

Forward thinking council?!?! About time their  charlatan owner put his hands in his pocket.

He IS right about one thing though, this is a ONE CLUB CITY, hopefully that total embarrassment blot on the landscape in North Bristol will soon fade away 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

Seems to have been a weird game. Swansea put out a very strong team and the sags put out a decent quality team with a few younger players in it. In fact second half the sags had almost an U23s team. But yeah, Swansea definitely weren't playing their youth team. I'm not getting overly excited because two losses to Championship level opposition is, well, expected for them. They play Plymouth away in a friendly on Saturday. If they get battered by them, reminiscent of their 4-0 drubbing to Exeter last season, that will be the time to get excited. With Bury and Bolton both on minus 12 points, depleted squads and Clarke-Harris imo looking like he's not going to leave then relegation seems unlikely to me. Their financial situation is a completely different beast though, which is clear through the fact they haven't spent anything this window!

EDIT: Think about it like this. The longer Rovers are in League 1, the more we get to see them lose, and the higher the probability of them getting even worse financially. 

Steady on their mate! Only the Sags would think their squad is quality when in fact they are absolute Dogshit.

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Awww the poor little Saggies are upset as they didn’t get a mention in a YouTube video, and obviously reason why not even 1 Sag was present is that they were playing away that weekend and the whole world knows how amazing their away following is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmZSdQWk1oM&feature=youtu.be

Blame SL

FTG

When was this filmed? I feel a little sorry for the guy with away shirt with Hegeler on the back.

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Awww the poor little Saggies are upset as they didn’t get a mention in a YouTube video, and obviously reason why not even 1 Sag was present is that they were playing away that weekend and the whole world knows how amazing their away following is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmZSdQWk1oM&feature=youtu.be

Blame SL

FTG

They were not in the video because as we know they are racists who attack horses, and they refused point blank to be involved in anything where there were ‘Gert Ted’s’ and ‘Anyone wearing red’. They would have ended up causing trouble followed by playing the victim. So they ended up in their own Neanderthal circle on a different planet. 

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

They were not in the video because as we know they are racists who attack horses, and they refused point blank to be involved in anything where there were ‘Gert Ted’s’ and ‘Anyone wearing red’. They would have ended up causing trouble followed by playing the victim. So they ended up in their own Neanderthal circle on a different planet. 

Oh I don't know, they were massively supportive of Bristol's World Cup bid.. oh hold on...

• Like 1

Sags saying Swansea dominated them, didn't we get 6 points and totally control both games?

In the end we were worn down by Swansea's superb movement and imagination.

Thankfully, we won't face anything as good as that in League 1.

Edited by Unan

On 22/07/2019 at 22:09, Ska Junkie said:
Inevitably!

"Good to be playing against Bristol Rovers today, on my way down. Proper club #brfc are, #gasheads are proper top notch folk. As for #BristolCity...their fans are proper sad, strange folks desperate to relegate us a couple of years ago. Ashton Gate smells like poo as well."
mangogas15 Avatar
mangogas15

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/8308/bcfc-sellout#ixzz5uRWPJnMX

Well this Brum fan thought different

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, somered said:

Well this Brum fan thought different

no surprise he had them on strings, most of the fanbase are muppets after all (the ones on here excepted of course).  Is it any wonder they did not feature in that council video, it was to avoid the embarrassment to Bristol that they bring daily to our fair city

But everybody loves the quarters!

I clicked through out of interest, this was on the Plymouth Herald, as the reporter clearly does love them and was suggested in the headline that Plymouth didn't like us for some reason.  The results are rather different.

Exeter City, Portsmouth and Bristol City? Who are the teams Plymouth Argyle fans love to hate the most?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/argyle-exeter-portsmouth-rivalry-league-3124750

Rivals.jpg

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

But everybody loves the quarters!

I clicked through out of interest, this was on the Plymouth Herald, as the reporter clearly does love them and was suggested in the headline that Plymouth didn't like us for some reason.  The results are rather different.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/argyle-exeter-portsmouth-rivalry-league-3124750

Rivals.jpg

Here's ours, no real surprises.

image.png

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Here's ours, no real surprises.

image.png

I’ve only ever sensed ambivalence towards ManU. Can’t believe that they are as disliked amongst our supporters as are Leeds! Villa certainly - surprised that they don’t make the list. 

And Bury fans dislike us? WTF?!!!

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

3 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Hm, I'd have expected Swindon and Cardiff somewhere on the list of clubs who don't like us.

But Bury and Burnley? What have we ever done to upset them?

They don't really dislike us; those are tiny percentages. If you look at the Plymouth one then loads of people dislike them but for us, bar Rovers, nobody really does. 

Our second place is only 17% from Preston compared with Plymouth's second being 60% from those friendly Rovers fans that everyone really likes honest.