IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Are you sure this is accurate? Seems very unlikely to me that 60% of the sags hate Plymouth but only 40% of them hate us, when we're all they talk about

These stats are a nonsense (like many stats) apparently 4% of PNE fans don’t like us but they only asked 25 people and one donut said he doesn’t like us so there is your 4%.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, harrys said:

These stats are a nonsense (like many stats) apparently 4% of PNE fans don’t like us but they only asked 25 people and one donut said he doesn’t like us so there is your 4%.

I wonder if he actually said that he didn’t like us, or if he just said that he prefers Rovers..?! 

52 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Are you sure this is accurate? Seems very unlikely to me that 60% of the sags hate Plymouth but only 40% of them hate us, when we're all they talk about

Don`t forget Argyle have shown them up for the bedwetters they are in their last couple of visits to Home Park. They`ve all gone down there giving it the big `un only to have been roundly sent packing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

Walsall have just sold George Dobson to Sunderland for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £2 million. 

**** me! Dopey must be buzzing he got out of that shithole, now he can actually get money for his best players!

Cheeky £1mil bid for Taylor?

19 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

This looks to be a load of bollocks.

Regardless, Mind the Gap !

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/

Unbelievable.

From one of the dribbling fewers, they really do believe their own hype;

"It’s just numbers. It depends what questions you ask of the data as to what you get out of it. For example, if they looked at the percentage of away support against home attendance I would hazard a guess that we would move up a couple of hundred places, but so what. Even that has nothing to do with why I identify with BRFC. You can’t really quantify integrity and soul."

Evening my deluded Pikey friends, keep 'em coming :sub:

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Unbelievable.

"It’s just numbers. It depends what questions you ask of the data as to what you get out of it. For example, if they looked at the percentage of away support against home attendance I would hazard a guess that we would move up a couple of hundred places, but so what. Even that has nothing to do with why I identify with BRFC. You can’t really quantify integrity and soul."

The old ‘percentage of away support against home attendances’ chestnut again....

When will the deluded little bastards realise that calculation only shows how shit their home support is?

FFS they only averaged about 600 for away games last season ?, they’re not exactly the Leeds Utd of L1. Plymouth travel much further distances and still average more on the road than they do...and those muppets were relegated.

They rarely sell out any of their away allocations. What exactly is it that makes them think they’ve got amazing support away from home?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unbelievable.

What is it with the 15ers and this "away support as a percentage of home support" thing? I've literally never heard fans of any other team referring to this 'stat'... 

And all it does is highlight how shit their home support is... Honestly don't get why this is a good thing??? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t forget Argyle have shown them up for the bedwetters they are in their last couple of visits to Home Park. They`ve all gone down there giving it the big `un only to have been roundly sent packing.

Remember a sag mate of mine told me last season that the last time they went to Home Park Plymouth fans were refusing to give the ball back to one of the sag players as they were 2-1 and it was at the end of the game. Rovers got a last minute equaliser and the player then went straight to the fans and celebrated cupping his ears towards the crowd, their fans and manager went mental. I can see Plymouth hating the sags but I can't see 60% of the sags hating Plymouth. I heard somewhere the inbred lot really hate Wycombe and Shrewsbury

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Remember a sag mate of mine told me last season that the last time they went to Home Park Plymouth fans were refusing to give the ball back to one of the sag players as they were 2-1 and it was at the end of the game. Rovers got a last minute equaliser and the player then went straight to the fans and celebrated cupping his ears towards the crowd, their fans and manager went mental. I can see Plymouth hating the sags but I can't see 60% of the sags hating Plymouth. I heard somewhere the inbred lot really hate Wycombe and Shrewsbury

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unbelievable.

It is a horrific ranking tbf. Newcastle above West Ham is one that particularly stands out

Apologies: I missed the quote somehow. I thought the gasbuster was a member of slagchat, really should get some common sense lessons. 

Edited by Mattyisared

16 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

What is it with the 15ers and this "away support as a percentage of home support" thing? I've literally never heard fans of any other team referring to this 'stat'... 

And all it does is highlight how shit their home support is... Honestly don't get why this is a good thing??? 

Quite. After all if their average home attendance was 2 and 1 of them went to away games they would have a 50% rate.

Numeracy isn't their thing is it? No wonder Wally finds it so easy to pull the wool over their eyes when it comes to finances.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Doesn’t it say 17% of PNE fans don’t like us?! Even so, I’m with you - those sorts of studies are rubbish - like when people on here claim to know what all City fans are thinking about a player or situation etc ... when they are undoubtedly basing those ‘opinions’ on the views of a couple of their mates and a handful of ‘tweets’ ...

14 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What exactly is it that makes them think they’ve got amazing support away from home?

It is because they keep saying it, and as per usual it is now known as a "fact". Like many of the other "facts" they shout about (that are complete made up bull). 

22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They rarely sell out any of their away allocations. What exactly is it that makes them think they’ve got amazing support away from home?

I’m at a loss with this one - I just don’t get why they think they are so ‘unique’ and their away support is so ‘special’ - will never forget the muppet who called into Talksport the day after we beat Man Yoo in the league cup. His pathetic diatribe was along the lines of “.....yeh but we take more fans away than they do, always have done, we always take massive numbers away, so they may have beaten Manchester United but we are a ‘betterer’ club...”

I could almost feel the cringe factor reaching Hawksbee and Jacobs who both basically ignored that claim and just asked how he felt given that the whole football world was talking about Bristol City - and the sad saggie had to relent and admit it was a ‘good’ result - marvellous!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m at a loss with this one - I just don’t get why they think they are so ‘unique’ and their away support is so ‘special’ - will never forget the muppet who called into Talksport the day after we beat Man Yoo in the league cup. His pathetic diatribe was along the lines of “.....yeh but we take more fans away than they do, always have done, we always take massive numbers away, so they may have beaten Manchester United but we are a ‘betterer’ club...”

I didn’t hear this Talksport exchange however I read the same claims regularly on Social Media from Bullshit spouting Sagheads.

The actual statistics don’t back up their claims and never have done. I don’t know the last time they averaged more than us away from home but they haven’t done so this century.

You could suggest smaller allocations at smaller grounds for that....but they don’t sell out those smaller allocations, so that excuse doesn't work.

It amazes me that our own fans slag us off for ‘only’ taking 1800 to WBA for a Sky televised Tuesday night match yet those deluded idiots think 600 to Shrewsbury on a Saturday is acceptable and still tell anyone who’ll listen that they always travel in HUGE numbers ?

• Like 1

The Gift....on their new marquee signing tonight Gaschat gone crazy with quotes of the form: " he's a good goals to appearances ratio..." - that for a 4 from 31 striker last season.

If he nets another 4 in a season of appearances I'll be delighted....

28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

The Gift....on their new marquee signing tonight Gaschat gone crazy with quotes of the form: " he's a good goals to appearances ratio..." - that for a 4 from 31 striker last season.

If he nets another 4 in a season of appearances I'll be delighted....

in their defence, its a good ratio compared to Nicholls......

• Haha 1