IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I saw some Sags yesterday, one had a horse and so I did a little pretend punch. Then ‘Come On Eileen’ started playing and they were all singing along to their club anthem. The gift. Laughed my bollocks off.

?

Where did all this happen?

Just now, 42nite said:

?

And the horse?

How did that fit in?

It was a blow up horse costume. They were in fancy dress. They gave it the old “Sheed’ead” when they saw my mate had a City polo shirt on,  but when Dexy’s came on and they started belting it out.......????‍♂️?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I saw some Sags yesterday, one had a horse and so I did a little pretend punch. Then ‘Come On Eileen’ started playing and they were all singing along to their club anthem. The gift. Laughed my bollocks off.

Cheltenham. I think they were on a stag do? 

It was a blow up horse costume. They were in fancy dress. They gave it the old “Sheed’ead” when they saw my mate had a City polo shirt on,  but when Dexy’s came on and they started belting it out.......????‍♂️?

I find all this a little far-fetched.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that a s*g has found someone willing to marry him?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I find all this a little far-fetched.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that a s*g has found someone willing to marry him?

T’is true. One kiddie understood the punching of the horse bit, but they were all in the dark when it came to Come On Eileen. The more me and my mates encouraged them the louder and ’proweder’ they sang it. If the groom had said his missus to be was called Irene I think it would have topped it off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Football ground? Looks more like a greyhound track to me.

Their current crowd of about 8k would look a bit lost in that (which at on time could fit in nearly 40k).

The Muller Road End looked good rammed with the red n white army 

‘1-0 down , 2-1 up ......’

Springs to mind , ........rammed 

• Like 9

I see that Rovers’ new kit has finally been revealed and in an attempt to seduce their supports and help them forget about the shitstate the club are currently in, its a retro design, “celebrating” 30 years ago, when they had no stadium of their own and were squatting in a different City, in a non league ground. A time that saw them promoted from the level that they are currently playing at, modelled by their new signing who recently helped get their bitter rivals promoted from that division, whilst also scoring for them at Wembley as part of their double winning season. 

Cute, eh...! 

#mindthegap

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I see that Rovers’ new kit has finally been revealed and in an attempt to seduce their supports and help them forget about the shitstate the club are currently in, its a retro design, “celebrating” 30 years ago, when they had no stadium of their own and were squatting in a different City, in a non league ground. A time that saw them promoted from the level that they are currently playing at, modelled by their new signing who recently helped get their bitter rivals promoted from that division, whilst also scoring for them at Wembley as part of their double winning season. 

Cute, eh...! 

#mindthegap

I thought I would have a check on their 'historic' 1989/90 season as according to the press release it was "one of the happiest in Rovers fan's memory", so I checked out the Wikipedia page for that season, which I have shown below in its entirety.

gas.png

That's literally it. Obviously super prowed of that season... 

Massive crowds too :laugh:

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Cute, eh...! 

#mindthegap

It's nice to know that it still hurts you :)

I note they said there was a “massive” queue for the new kit at the “shop” - however when I was in the City shop on Saturday there were more people in there than Rovers average home Gate.  What a pitiful club, still knocking one out over an event from 30 years ago because nothing else has happened since (or before for that matter)

16 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I thought I would have a check on their 'historic' 1989/90 season as according to the press release it was "one of the happiest in Rovers fan's memory", so I checked out the Wikipedia page for that season, which I have shown below in its entirety.

gas.png

That's literally it. Obviously super prowed of that season... 

Massive crowds too :laugh:

I know we don't really like the truth getting in the way of a good story and all that, but that Torquay game was an away game and it was in the preliminary round of the Leyland Daf cup :)

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It’s an embarrassing blot on our recent history. Of course it still hurts. 

I think we are moving on fairly well from it now though. 

I’m looking forward to seeing your commemorative kit in a couple of seasons, marking 20 years since you were last above us in the league. 

I hope your club doesn’t go out of business before then. That would be a shame..! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s an embarrassing blot on our recent history. Of course it still hurts. 

I think we are moving on fairly well from it now though. 

I’m looking forward to seeing your commemorative kit in a couple of seasons, marking 20 years since you were last above us in the league. 

I hope your club doesn’t go out of business before then. That would be a shame..! 

The thing is with the fewers that’s all they do is look back. Maybe if they looked forward and to the future they wouldn’t be such a shitty little club in a shitty little ground . MIND THE GAP 

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know we don't really like the truth getting in the way of a good story and all that, but that Torquay game was an away game and it was in the preliminary round of the Leyland Daf cup :)

Miah, I think it’s more that you couldn’t get 10,000 for a local derby, yet people on Gaschat still say you’d get 30,000 every week if you had a new stadium. 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

The thing is with the fewers that’s all they do is look back. Maybe if they looked forward and to the future they wouldn’t be such a shitty little club in a shitty little ground . MIND THE GAP 

Isn’t that a bit like asking someone, who’s stood on the gallows, with a rope being placed around their neck, if they are looking forward to your trip to Disneyland tomorrow..?!  

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Miah, I think it’s more that you couldn’t get 10,000 for a local derby, yet people on Gaschat still say you’d get 30,000 every week if you had a new stadium. 

It would indeed be a struggle to get 10,000 into a ground that held 9,800. 

You really shouldn't pay too much attention when it comes to football forum boasts btw :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It was a painful night in May. That aside that season was probably  my favourite ever following City, we played fantastic attacking football and were a joy to watch and there were some truly memorable (and infamous) away games that season, Swansea, Brum’ & Bolton we’re all crazy days out

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Not as much hurt as knowing that in the generation/s since, you've done nothing and achieved nothing (unless you count being relegated to non league by a team wearing your own kit having celebrated beating relegation the previous week an achievement?) and will continue to do so. Like pouring salt water into an open wound.

40 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

i don't think trumpton could hold 10k to be fair