IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

That's where the term gaslogic comes from. It means utter nonsense.

Here's a few examples;

We have a watertight contract"

"He's worth £10M without a shadow of a doubt"

"We have a massive away support"

"We're a family club, everyone loikes us"

"Prowed to be blue"

"I'll have a season ticket for row M [there's no row M]

"Give us a ground and we'll fill it"

"I can't discuss that right now as its confidential. These things take time"

I feel kinda dirty, but on points west last night they had the Gas manager on. They do this thing where Ali Durden drives them around in his car and they have a chat, I actually quite liked the bloke. Too good for the Gas that’s for sure.

There I said it, I feel unclean.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I feel kinda dirty, but on points west last night they had the Gas manager on. They do this thing where Ali Durden drives them around in his car and they have a chat, I actually quite liked the bloke. Too good for the Gas that’s for sure.

You need a good hose down with a pressure washer .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Did they?

I don't think Rovers have any more or less morals than any other business, I just find it ironic that some City fans think 1982 is more of a blot on Rovers history than their own.

Well the way Rovers fans go on about it you’d think it was?!

I don’t know any City fan who is bothered about 1982. It was a struggle for power within the boardroom that put the club in financial difficulty. It happens. If I was you Miah I would be very concerned about glaring issues surrounding Rovers immediate future. It doesn’t look too promising does it?

1982 is in the past, just like Rovers fans.

What goes around comes around, and for all those Gasheads who laughed and rubbed their hands with glee at the thought of City going bust having had to hear about them week in week out playing in the top flight when the only mention Rovers got was for hooliganism.....tick tock time is almost up.

• Haha 1

• Admin
30 minutes ago, RedM said:

Someone on the train this morning said something very similar, said he came across very well in his interview

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Someone on the train this morning said something very similar, said he came across very well in his interview

Phew, not just me then. I thought I had lost my senses for a while there.

Last week was the first car interview of the season and it was with the Yeovil manager, he seemed a normal down to earth likeable bloke too. Mind you I think Ali Durden is good at this sort of thing and makes a very watchable short interview

25 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

What amuses me with the Gas bleating on about '82, is that '82 is actually quite a long time ago and, what's more, I suspect, without researching it, that we have won more in that time than the Rovers have in their entire existence. 

They don’t like facts to get in the way of a good story as you know, and if they bothered to do a bit of investigation they would realise that the Bristol City 1982 company finished in 1996. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Ali, you can’t pull away in turd. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Ban yourself immediately. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Again not true, you only have to look at the company on companies house, it was a change of name, something you did in 2007,

for a club to go bankrupt and start a new look at Hereford 

Honestly, City did go bankrupt! FWIW I don't think it is really relevant anymore, but it did happen. Yes it happened with Hereford and different rules were in place then. It wasn't a name change, Bristol City ceased to exist and a new company Bristol City 1982 was formed. The same fate may await Rovers, but the current rules in place means that it will be a whole lot more painful than just changing our name.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Honestly, City did go bankrupt! FWIW I don't think it is really relevant anymore, but it did happen. Yes it happened with Hereford and different rules were in place then. It wasn't a name change, Bristol City ceased to exist and a new company Bristol City 1982 was formed. The same fate may await Rovers, but the current rules in place means that it will be a whole lot more painful than just changing our name.

Yes we did, even if we can claim not on a technicality, but we kept the ground and the club continued.

Since 1982 we have been fortunate to have had a lot of very good people running the club with the real improvement to my mind stemming from Scott Davidson's tenure as Chairman and now the Lansdowns' ownership.

Your last really good owners were the Dunfords.  Nick Higgs may have been good for a while but he gambled and lost and now you have, well there have been so many posts upon your current ownership that I won't repeat them.

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes we did, even if we can claim not on a technicality, but we kept the ground and the club continued.

Since 1982 we have been fortunate to have had a lot of very good people running the club with the real improvement to my mind stemming from Scott Davidson's tenure as Chairman and now the Lansdowns' ownership.

Your last really good owners were the Dunfords.  Nick Higgs may have been good for a while but he gambled and lost and now you have, well there have been so many posts upon your current ownership that I won't repeat them.

Thank you! I was beginning to think OTIB had an Orwellian rewrite of history! 

It's a technicality of course, because it's the same ground, same fans etc., but it did actually happen. As you may know I also follow Celtic and their fans take great pleasure in refusing to acknowledge 'The Rangers'  as their old rivals 'Rangers' , because Rangers did actually cease to exist, but those same fans are always the ones desperate for a ticket for that game!

The gulf between is undeniably bigger than it's ever been and I seriously doubt if I will ever see the gap bridged in my lifetime

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Thank you! I was beginning to think OTIB had an Orwellian rewrite of history! 

It's a technicality of course, because it's the same ground, same fans etc., but it did actually happen. As you may know I also follow Celtic and their fans take great pleasure in refusing to acknowledge 'The Rangers'  as their old rivals 'Rangers' , because Rangers did actually cease to exist, but those same fans are always the ones desperate for a ticket for that game!

The gulf between is undeniably bigger than it's ever been and I seriously doubt if I will ever see the gap bridged in my lifetime

I would agree as long as we continue to be owned by the Lansdown family.  If we are sold then all bets are off.

Edit: I would also say that the most important definition of any club is its fanbase.

MK Dons is the continuing company of Wimbledon, FA Cup winners with a long stay in the Premier League.

AFC Wimbledon was cobbled from nothing together twenty years' ago.

The majority of the old WImbledon fans support AFC Wimbeldon so that is the current version of the old WImbledon; whatever the records at Companies House may say.

I started supporting City in 1979; as far as I am concerned I still support the same club now.

Edited by Eddie Hitler

14 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Did they?

I don't think Rovers have any more or less morals than any other business, I just find it ironic that some City fans think 1982 is more of a blot on Rovers history than their own.

After the deal was done to stitch them up and Arthur Holmes had got his £2m back, but, the rugby club didn't receive anything, so were still losing money. He then filed for bankruptcy of the rugby club, that was after just five months. He was rewarded by the club (football not Rugby) for his services to "the club".

In his obituary, written by Geoff Dunford, he used two thirds of it to explain the deal and their relationship, Strange! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Bristol City Holdings was called 1982 for a short time but that was in between other names. The maggots call us 82ers like they call us a franchise.

English not being their first language clearly.

Yep, I had a “Hirerite” City shirt where the badge was simply “BCFC 1982” - just the letters and numbers ...

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

And Miah has watched Man U for a period of time as well IIRC.

C*ltic, Sags and Man U - the real axis of evil !

Good grief - the very definition of a triangle of shite .... he obviously ain’t aware that Septic fans sing YNWA - no self respecting Man Yoo fan would tolerate that!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1