IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't know about the appropriateness of such a site nor whether they will get funding.

What I do know is that there is absolutely no way that they will get through planning and then get a stadium built within two years even if everything goes to plan; I would suggest four years is realistic.

They could do it in two years easy if the stands are tent structures.

26 minutes ago, chowie said:

They could do it in two years easy if the stands are tent structures.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They will still have to pitch it to the council.

Having not heard the interview, I have just read that they haven't even put pre-planning proposals to the Council yet, but are expecting a stadium in two years. The docks were closed as a working dock 50 years ago and they are only just finishing that regeneration.

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:00, Miah Dennehy said:

Someone said that Rovers were a vile club who they hoped went bankrupt. I responded with 'It didn't do you any harm', which seemed to strike a nerve :)

Sorry for late reply, I've not been here. Only nerve it might have touched is the one which likes accuracy and truth. So, was it your reference likening us to be a vile club, or of us going bankrupt? Obviously there are elements in most clubs which are unsavoury but, our club has won numerous awards for it's work in the community over a number of years and is recognised officially (not just by the favourable local press) as a proper family friendly club. It has also not gone bankrupt as was proven by the creditors accepting a percentage of what was owed and only then, was a new company formed voluntarily and named at the time, BCFC 1982. Holding on to it's assets and status, close admittedly but not quite. So you seem to be calling us a vile club that went bankrupt, both are proven to be statements well far of reality. What was it Danny Baker called Rovers Supporters? Ah yes, Habitual liars.?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Having not heard the interview, I have just read that they haven't even put pre-planning proposals to the Council yet, but are expecting a stadium in two years. The docks were closed as a working dock 50 years ago and they are only just finishing that regeneration.

I think Wael is probably bluffing on that. It would be unbelievably stupid of him to publicly announce this without having some sort of reassurance from the Council that a stadium would likely get consent there. Pre-application discussions are confidential and I suspect that's why he's said they haven't spoken to the Council.

Alternatively I'm wrong and he's a complete idiot. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think Wael is probably bluffing on that. It would be unbelievably stupid of him to publicly announce this without having some sort of reassurance from the Council that a stadium would likely get consent there. Pre-application discussions are confidential and I suspect that's why he's said they haven't spoken to the Council.

It buys him two years of dicking about without the natives becoming restless; if he does ever get planning then he will "do a Higgs" and start tramping the world to find a greater fool to buy a football club with a shiny new stadium just ready to be built and fully-funded from the sale of the old one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not a complete idiot I think. He knows he has a gullible fan base who are usually hooked by promises of jam tomorrow.

They will continue to follow him and in 2 years time when they are no nearer to a new stadium he will blame the Council and they will follow suit.

Nice watch though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Not a complete idiot I think. He knows he has a gullible fan base who are usually hooked by promises of jam tomorrow.

They will continue to follow him and in 2 years time when they are no nearer to a new stadium he will blame the Council and they will follow suit.

Nice watch though.

don't worry it is all sorted out - they've got a watertight contract with the council for this to go ahead, nothing can possible go wrong.....

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Doubt it, bloke talks absolute bullshit everytime he opens his mouth, he hasn’t got a clue how to escape from the mess he’s found himself in.

IMO it’s their 1st game of the season, and Wally rocks up from wherever he’s been hiding (unless he spots a celeb for an instagram pic) gets on the radio with GT to shut the Fewers up with whatever fantasy bollox he can think of at the time knowing full well they’ll believe every word.

Edited by BCFC11

41 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It buys him two years of dicking about without the natives becoming restless; if he does ever get planning then he will "do a Higgs" and start tramping the world to find a greater fool to buy a football club with a shiny new stadium just ready to be built and fully-funded from the sale of the old one.

Before blabbing to the media he should've tied the site up first. The fact he hasn't says a lot about how realistic it is that this will come forward. 

The site's value would be higher for residential development one assumes, so he's now alerted every housebuilder/land buyer in Bristol that the site may be available!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

On a small site, say 6 acres, the Community Infrastructure Levy is likely to be at minimum £1.8 - £2.0m, if not higher from the grasping City Council. I'd have thought with his deep pockets / shirt arms that he'd had spoken with them upfront about that at least.

2 years is a complete fantasy . All Wally is saying is that they are "interested" in the site. They haven't bought it. They haven't applied for planning. They haven't got any money.

They're where they always are - and always have been - wanting a stadium and hoping to find someone to pay for it.

See Stoke Gifford. Severnside, UWE, Men rebuild no 1 (with the student flats) , Men rebuild mk 2........I've probably missed a few as well.

In 5 years "Fruit Market" will be just another to add to the pipe dream list of Stadiums-that-never-happened.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Before blabbing to the media he should've tied the site up first. The fact he hasn't says a lot about how realistic it is that this will come forward. 

The site's value would be higher for residential development one assumes, so he's now alerted every housebuilder/land buyer in Bristol that the site may be available!

And with Marvin making a promise to build 2000 affordable homes a year...

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But he has given himself the perfect get-out when it doesn`t happen - `we were outbid by a developer`

Wael’s statement is vague to say the least. He’s said that the fruit market is one of the sites he’s looking at, not “the” site. Also, as has been mentioned on this forum, there’s also the issue of the site being owned by various parties, with no public guarantee that they are prepared to sell. There is either a lot happening in the background that hasn’t been made public or he’s stalling for time to stop the natives getting restless