IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

There's mass masturbation over on Asschat as they get off on this fake news from Wally that he's. "Interested" in the site. Last time Wally spoke to RB he confirmed that they were open to offers from investors for the club  (ie they wanted to cash out)......now he's been working on this site all along.....he's a complete fraud.

And they lap it up. Again....and again..and again.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 2

Jesus, they’re gullible.

I work near temple meads. There is already likely work on the prior “arena island” for offices, restaurants etc. There is also a large space by the cheese grater and more in the office district earmarked for a hotel. There is a multi screen cinema less than a mile away.

You build there, all you’re building is a stadium. The infrastructure won’t come with as its more of an industrial area (notwithstanding paintworks) and the hotel/leisure requirement is covered and better located - So, what “investors”, hitherto uninterested in the rovers would actually fund this as damn sure Wally won’t...

Would the Council really want them South of the river ? Already saw a gAss Tweet questioning the safety in the local pubs.

They have to buy the ground, do feasibility studies , apply for planning , buy the land , put out tenders and build the thing and get it passed for use in 2 years ???

They have had no money to spend on the training ground, infrastructure , ground or team yet they now have a money tree?

They would have to sell their ground, which would be valued at far less than the fruit market site , to fund it purchase. Again you wonder where the money comes from.

Isn't there only one way in/out ? New roads etc , more Council involvement would really slow the process.

In 2 years ? I'm a little dubious.

Rovers sell the existing  ground to help fund the new fruit market development. Rovers then ground share with eg Bath City for a couple of years whilst the new ground is being built. Unfortunately after the Memorial Stadium is sold there are unfortunate developments beyond anyone’s control and the new ground doesn’t get built

Just a possible scenario 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Rovers sell the existing  ground to help fund the new fruit market development. Rovers then ground share with eg Bath City for a couple of years whilst the new ground is being built. Unfortunately after the Memorial Stadium is sold there are unfortunate developments beyond anyone’s control and the new ground doesn’t get built

Just a possible scenario 

Have you been attending their board meetings?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Sorry for late reply, I've not been here. Only nerve it might have touched is the one which likes accuracy and truth. So, was it your reference likening us to be a vile club, or of us going bankrupt? Obviously there are elements in most clubs which are unsavoury but, our club has won numerous awards for it's work in the community over a number of years and is recognised officially (not just by the favourable local press) as a proper family friendly club. It has also not gone bankrupt as was proven by the creditors accepting a percentage of what was owed and only then, was a new company formed voluntarily and named at the time, BCFC 1982. Holding on to it's assets and status, close admittedly but not quite. So you seem to be calling us a vile club that went bankrupt, both are proven to be statements well far of reality. What was it Danny Baker called Rovers Supporters? Ah yes, Habitual liars.?

I've been corrected, Pathological liars. Much better term than habitual.

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Just a possible scenario 

Sounds very likely, although not sure Bath City want them back, most Bath City fans look upon them as rivals these days ????

43 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Would the Council really want them South of the river ? Already saw a gAss Tweet questioning the safety in the local pubs.

They have to buy the ground, do feasibility studies , apply for planning , buy the land , put out tenders and build the thing and get it passed for use in 2 years ???

They have had no money to spend on the training ground, infrastructure , ground or team yet they now have a money tree?

They would have to sell their ground, which would be valued at far less than the fruit market site , to fund it purchase. Again you wonder where the money comes from.

Isn't there only one way in/out ? New roads etc , more Council involvement would really slow the process.

In 2 years ? I'm a little dubious.

Fruit market is actually north of the river. Sorry to be pedantic. The council were actively promoting having a joint stadium on the old fruit market site early naughties, so might be in favour of such a scheme. Having said that, Marvin ditched the use of Temple Island for something which would be more beneficial to the city of Bristol on that site, in favour of one outside Bristol. A recycling centre would be more beneficial to the city of Bristol on that site, so a stadium has no chance. Far too many hurdles to cross with those plans, this is the age of the keyboard warrior. The new block of flats planned for Totterdown bridge only just got passed, after much opposition from residents. Can you imagine their reaction to a bigger shit tip than currently exists?

• Like 1

What an absolute crack pot. 

He's "identified" an area of land in the media that belongs to someone else and is already talking about planning permission on it?!?!

He's also saying that the training ground will be developed once the stadium has been built. But I thought that was being developed anyway?!?!

What idiot in their right mind would say that?!?!

Assuming the club has the funds (which they don't) and assuming the private  land owner wants to sell to them (which they may not) and assuming they can get outline planning permission fŕom the council (which can only be a hypothetical question as they don't own it)

Absolutely ludicrous, baffling.

Where is the funding coming from?!?!

I would almost say that here is undeniable proof that he is a complete and utter idiot.

It has more holes in it than an old tent.

• Like 1

So some quick measurements on Google Earth. The Fruit Market sure is approximately 330yds by 170yds at its furthest points. In no way is the area used by the fruit market rectangular. 2 sides cannot be extended as they are bordered by GWR's depot to the North and Albert Crescent and more of the train depot to the east. The train depot ain't going nowhere. The south and west sides are bordered by multiple businesses including Bristol Waste's depot. So these would all have to be moved on to create an extra 50 yds approx in each direction.

I'm guessing Wally is more clever than we thought, and is future proofing their club with some five-a-league pitches, for their first team in 2024.

Edited by GreedyHarry
Lack of proof readin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Just a possible scenario 

Missing something here.

Any value in the Mem is leveraged against the loans Wally and his brother have in the club.

They are secured creditors.

So either they will have to go again, or they will be free from debt (on a personal level), and the funding for the new stadium will be borrowed from banks residing in a fairly volatile part of the world.

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Sorry for late reply, I've not been here. Only nerve it might have touched is the one which likes accuracy and truth. So, was it your reference likening us to be a vile club, or of us going bankrupt? Obviously there are elements in most clubs which are unsavoury but, our club has won numerous awards for it's work in the community over a number of years and is recognised officially (not just by the favourable local press) as a proper family friendly club. It has also not gone bankrupt as was proven by the creditors accepting a percentage of what was owed and only then, was a new company formed voluntarily and named at the time, BCFC 1982. Holding on to it's assets and status, close admittedly but not quite. So you seem to be calling us a vile club that went bankrupt, both are proven to be statements well far of reality. What was it Danny Baker called Rovers Supporters? Ah yes, Habitual liars.?

No. I never said City were a vile club, but I did say you went bust and a new club was formed.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14794/fruit-market-thread this is the first of nine pages.

“It’s still our aim to be in (a new ground) in 2 years time. We have identified one site we’re very interested in, the site at the fruit market. Technical work on the planning process is underway.” @waelalqadi tells Saturday Sport.

Wael - “The council are pro investment. I see no reason why they shouldn’t be on board with us.” How will you fund it? “It’s inappropriate to talk about it at this point

The fact he has gone public with this and that he is still aiming to have it done in 2 years, I am guessing this may be further down the line than we may think. Very good news. Now for 3 points today please.

16 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14794/fruit-market-thread this is the first of nine pages.

“It’s still our aim to be in (a new ground) in 2 years time. We have identified one site we’re very interested in, the site at the fruit market. Technical work on the planning process is underway.” @waelalqadi tells Saturday Sport.

Wael - “The council are pro investment. I see no reason why they shouldn’t be on board with us.” How will you fund it? “It’s inappropriate to talk about it at this point

The fact he has gone public with this and that he is still aiming to have it done in 2 years, I am guessing this may be further down the line than we may think. Very good news. Now for 3 points today please.

So:

1. They don't own the land.

2. They are doing technical work (whatever that is) in respect of land they don't own.

3. They haven't discussed with the Council.

4. They have no source of funding.

5. They are talking about an impossible time scale.

6. Their gullible fans have fallen for another content-free statement.

Yep, definitely coming for us.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blackpool keeper has done literally nothing. The scum are having a go to be fair to them but, goal kicks apart, the home keeper has had nothing to do.

It's really quite poor.

No no,, that's incorrect - he had four cups of tea & read the first two chapters of 'Bear Gryll's "One night under canvas in the Horfeild Highlands"......

A couple of technical points for those commenting on the 'actions' of The Fake Sheikh.

It's not unusual, or illegal,  to apply for planning or pre-planning consents on freehold one doesn't own. Proposals don't have to be delivered and if the owner isn't happy presumably they'll note an objection.

Ditto technical planning surveys and development, providing they aren't intrusive they may be done without the owner's consent.

As for the rest of the criticisms fair points all, though I hear after this week's deluges there was espied a gert ? on the Muller Road and legend has it there's bound to be a crock of something at the end of it.....

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

A couple of technical points for those commenting on the 'actions' of The Fake Sheikh.

It's not unusual, or illegal,  to apply for planning or pre-planning consents on freehold one doesn't own. Proposals don't have to be delivered and if the owner isn't happy presumably they'll note an objection.

Ditto technical planning surveys and development, providing they aren't intrusive they may be done without the owner's consent.

As for the rest of the criticisms fair points all, though I hear after this week's deluges there was espied a gert ? on the Muller Road and legend has it there's bound to be a crock of something at the end of it.....

Thanks for sharing your expertise. I take your point of course, it just seems futile to carry out technical work if there is no realistic prospect of buying the land in question.

It seems to me that at best a company whose only asset has a charge on it is going to face punitive interest rates on any loans it manages to raise.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It seems to me that at best a company whose only asset has a charge on it is going to face punitive interest rates on any loans it manages to raise.

Or:

They'll fund in cash

They've won El Gordo

They'll plan on the basis that Islamic banks don't charge interest (per se)

Or:

They expect somebody else to pay for it......

I know which option I think they'll play....

19 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

He’s looking to sale the men 

to so say fund a new stadium 

once sold pay off d sports and walk away 

only way to get his brothers money’s back

This. Talk it all up to make the blue few think it`s happening and the sale of the swamp is all part of some master plan and then trouser the cash and **** off never to be seen again (except at Stamford Bridge)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Fruit market is actually north of the river. Sorry to be pedantic.

Having said that, Marvin ditched the use of Temple Island for something which would be more beneficial to the city of Bristol on that site, in favour of one outside Bristol. 

Sorry to be a pedant myself but the brabazon hangers planned to be an arena is within the city of Bristol boundaries

Edited by RedRaw