IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

A couple of technical points for those commenting on the 'actions' of The Fake Sheikh.

It's not unusual, or illegal,  to apply for planning or pre-planning consents on freehold one doesn't own. Proposals don't have to be delivered and if the owner isn't happy presumably they'll note an objection.

Ditto technical planning surveys and development, providing they aren't intrusive they may be done without the owner's consent.

As for the rest of the criticisms fair points all, though I hear after this week's deluges there was espied a gert ? on the Muller Road and legend has it there's bound to be a crock of something at the end of it.....

Sorry, but you haven't factored in a no deal Brexit ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:
2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Even if they sale the mem and don’t have to  give the owners the cash back

even if a consortium has bought the land and given them to them

even if the council have said crack on start tomorrow that’s exactly what we need

even if no one, not one person objects

even if an enormous engineering project built on an old industrial site next to a river will go swimmingly

they still need to find 40-50 million to build whilst loosing 5 million a year, and having to play at Weston 

bear in mind a recent transfer fell through as 20k was too steep

17 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:
2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Even if they sale the mem and don’t have to  give the owners the cash back

even if a consortium has bought the land and given them to them

even if the council have said crack on start tomorrow that’s exactly what we need

even if no one, not one person objects

even if an enormous engineering project built on an old industrial site next to a river will go swimmingly

they still need to find 40-50 million to build whilst loosing 5 million a year, and having to play at Weston 

bear in mind a recent transfer fell through as 20k was too steep

50 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

He’s looking to sale the men 

to so say fund a new stadium 

once sold pay off d sports and walk away 

only way to get his brothers money’s back

I haven't heard the interview and frankly can't be arsed to listen to it but apparently there is no need to sell the Mem to fund any new stadium. However, the scenario you suggest looks very plausible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

.It seems to me that at best a company whose only asset has a charge on it is going to face punitive interest rates on any loans it manages to raise.

Well, no. The bankers all agree that Rovers are a brilliant club and that they like them wayy more than da Shit and there will be no need to even pay the loan back, never mind interest, because they are so brill. 

Amazing that even when presented with the latest reincarnation of their never ending story, all they can still think about is that it will annoy us. 

Simple question, they cannot get 10,000 for home games in League Division 3. If they go to League division 4 (or worse and it looks like they’re going to try) what possible use would 25,000 seats be?

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Would the Council really want them South of the river ? Already saw a gAss Tweet questioning the safety in the local pubs.

They have to buy the ground, do feasibility studies , apply for planning , buy the land , put out tenders and build the thing and get it passed for use in 2 years ???

They have had no money to spend on the training ground, infrastructure , ground or team yet they now have a money tree?

They would have to sell their ground, which would be valued at far less than the fruit market site , to fund it purchase. Again you wonder where the money comes from.

Isn't there only one way in/out ? New roads etc , more Council involvement would really slow the process.

In 2 years ? I'm a little dubious.

The fruit market is - only just- north of the river. I think you may be making the common mistake in thinking that the feeder canal is 'the river'.

I knew one day that my Whitefield education would pay off!

This is a ruse, he’s tryibg to do a Dunceford. 

1) Get PP for a 25,000 seater stadium but dont start building it. 

2) Sell the mem to get some money back

3) Move the gates (it’s ONLY the gates that are a Memorial you know) to just outside a landfill, sorry, re-purposing plant somewhere

4) Sell the club as the best “supported outside the EPL, in a huge potential catchment area, with ambitious plans going forward”. Easy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The fruit market is - only just- north of the river. I think you may be making the common mistake in thinking that the feeder canal is 'the river'.

I knew one day that my Whitefield education would pay off!

I went to Whitefield, obviously didn't pay as much attention as you did :whistle:

55 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

It’s going to be a 25,000 all seater apparently and City fans are not going to be happy. How funny is that? Anyway, **** the shit because we don’t care about them. ?

I'm not happy that they're building a cinema, why didn't we think of that highly money making facility 

20 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I haven't heard the interview and frankly can't be arsed to listen to it but apparently there is no need to sell the Mem to fund any new stadium. However, the scenario you suggest looks very plausible.

If they don't need to sell them mem could it be used as a training ground? 

9 minutes ago, Tommytank1897 said:

Gas chat is brilliant reading this morning. I think if wael told them to walk off a cliff half of them would. 

He’d tell them it was a cliff, they’d believe him and then it would turn out to be uphill.

Edited by BS2 Red
  • Haha 1

This is just bizarre from Wael.

I work on Feeder Road, and can tell you now, that there is no way planning permission for a stadium at the fruit market would get approved. There is only one way in to the site, and its surrounded by numerous large businesses mainly dealing in recycling.  From an environmental/health and safety point of view, it's a complete non-starter.

If you also look at plans for that whole area, there are already advanced undertakings from numerous other interested parties for housing, and other developments.

This man is just a complete fantacist. What a way to run a football club.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

No. I never said City were a vile club, but I did say you went bust and a new club was formed.

Your statement was as follows:  "Someone said that Rovers were a vile club who they hoped went bankrupt. I responded with 'It didn't do you any harm'".  So that response statement must include both accusations. I know you wrongly referred to the bankrupt section but, your statement was all inclusive.?

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Your statement was as follows:  "Someone said that Rovers were a vile club who they hoped went bankrupt. I responded with 'It didn't do you any harm'".  So that response statement must include both accusations. I know you wrongly referred to the bankrupt section but, your statement was all inclusive.?

No it doesn't and no it wasn't.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If there is one place in England you can get cheap accommodation, it's Blackpool.

Evidently, a B&B is beyond the budget of the Blue Few.

According to the Post, the team travelled there and back same day.

Really? That does surprise, I know it shouldn't but it does. I tell you what was cheap, beer inside the ground was £3.20 a pint!

What a load of olf tosh.  Build a 25k seater stadium at the fruit market with no cash, no funding and no planning permission.  Even if it did happen, it would look bloody silly with only 8,000 vegetables sat in it.

I do think Wally's promises are wearing so thin now though that even most of the deluded don't believe it any more.

• Haha 1

Regarding a new stadium for the Gas. We all know how this goes, and how it ends.

As predicted on here a few years back - not many weeks after the takeover by the "Fake Sheik" that Rovers still didn't have a chamber pot to sh!t in, even though those deluded, self righteous, footballing pompas arses shot us down.

They are so far up their own backsides - so special (in their own minds) that they just can't believe that some complete stranger isn't going to walk in, fall in love with the amazing, unique " best fans in da world", and spunk 100million or so sporting them out. If it's not a VERY rich, local fan, it ain't gonna happen!

Even a big brother contestant probably has the IQ to see that's unlikely.

We all know this is a property deal that went belly up.

As for this new foray into real estate; it's not free, it can't be stolen and it can't be squatted on - so the only conclusion is that it's just another fantasy.

Nice to see them getting excited just to be let down again though - Haha!!

So to recap: 

Plans get drawn up and released to local press

Gas fans cream their pants

Gas fans tell us how their overtaking us

Gas fans gloat how much better their new "charismatic" ground is than our "Lego build" "Trashton"

The Gas ground share with some local club they haven't cheesed off previously (best of luck with that!)

Memorial Ground gets sold

Wally "gets guzzumped" on fruit market site

Wally puts rovers into admin

Gas go pop

We all know it's going to end in tears for them. Every one but them can see it's just a smokescreen to buy time.

Happy days ? ?