IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Interesting to hear the bloke from fruit market changed his tune on Radio Bristol this morning , talking more on how it will take more than 2 years to find a new site for fruit market ...seems to be some legs in this but whatever happens it will end in disaster.... Might wind the next in on the it's BS for now to save grief & just go back to taking the piss when it all eventually goes wrong 

Just now, Coombsy said:

U w e have all ready ear marked the fruit marked for students living as as the paint works

the only thing weal is buying is more time

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

No reason to think they would allow a new BRFC stadium here as well.

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

There’s about 10 parking bays at the nearby Dog’s Home which if made available on match days should be more than enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Was that the REAL reason?

55 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Some belter on their forum claiming the consortium is Lancer Scott plus a Community Invesment Consortium. Someone else suggested that objections might be raised about the benefits to the community of building a stadium for a private company that already owns a stadium that it doesn't fill.

Also doesn't Lancer Scott still sponsor the BS basketball team ?

If there is any mileage in a CIC whatsoever then I predict lots of questions being put to the regulator of such organisations.....

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

But they were expecting big crowds for an arena. 

6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

My first ever City game in the Grandstand with the old man, I can still picture that goal. Does anyone know when this was, I'm thinking 1976-77?

Question answered Aug 1978. The internet is a wonderful thing. This made me only just 7, so I guess that I can be forgiven for not remembering the date.

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hope Wally hasn't already started taking the tents down yet.

This sounds somewhat less positive.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-fruit-market-shareholder-responds-3179602

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

• Haha 2