IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

High end!

I doubt they could even afford a high chair!

• Like 1

" Maybe , but since lansdown bought the sh** what 15 years ago or thereabouts with all his “ nobody will be talking about Bristol Rovers “ and “ we’ll be premier league “ all they’ve done is get relegated to league 1 and come back up.
They’ve been in more relegation battles trying to stay out of the likes of us , bury , Walsall etc than they have trying to get in with Man UTD Chelsea etc.
We’re punching above our weight by staying in league 1 for three consecutive seasons with the crap ground , facilities and aimless owners with little to spend where as lansdiwn has only relegations to league 1 and promotions back to the championship to show for all his billions wasted on that shower of franchise sh**e.
Pathetic really, considering the likes of Watford , Bournemouth , Brighton etc can do it but multi billionaire lansdown hasn’t got a ******* clue what he’s doing and has turned our rivals in to an even more unlikable club in the form of a soulless franchise that are still standing still.[mbr]The funniest thing for me is that they think we’re jealous of them.? "

The ****** speaks

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

From Sagchat....

According to this belter their new stadium will put AG to shame ??

He then goes on to state how the blue few will struggle to get across town to the new stadium, so what’s their excuse for their current shit crowds?

It would be a fantastic site in terms of proximity to the centre, publicity and prestige, and would put Ashton Gate firmly in the shade.

In fact it's a great location for most people, apart from our core fanbase in North East Bristol, who will find getting to and from the fruit market a pain in the avocado.

Close to the centre maybe but where is he getting the idea that the fruit market would give them publicity and prestige?  And he has a wonderful crystal ball if he has already seen that it will put AG in the shade.

All of this is great though, it is going to make it all so much funnier when their stadium dreams collapse (again).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Close to the centre maybe but where is he getting the idea that the fruit market would give them publicity and prestige?  And he has a wonderful crystal ball if he has already seen that it will put AG in the shade.

All of this is great though, it is going to make it all so much funnier when their stadium dreams collapse (again).

Just had a browse at that thread on that forum.. I knew they were deluded but I can’t believe how many of them have actually been duped into thinking that this is a goer!!

Wael will sell the Mem in the near future recoup his family’s losses.. The Gas will ground share with some Sunday League team and in the meantime Wael will day because of the council doing a (fake) u-turn the new ground has fallen through he’ll disappear into the Jordanian Sunset over Stamford Bridge and never been seen again!

Lovely Man 

20 minutes ago, MC26 said:

There it is! Nothing to do with their owner being a complete fraud - of course it's a 'Ted' holding up their progress. 

image.png.53328b8bbc2c813576063b94ed852934.png

That "one group" happens to be the major shareholder. If they decide to stay put, they all stay put -and they have given very valid reasons why they won't be moving unless it is a really stupid amount way over market price. They've also said that moving in two years is a fantasy, which just about sums up the whole issue.

The vast majority on that limited closed forum are ill informed, deluded, fantasists, just like Wally.

Going back to the Bristol Arena before  Mayor Gashead Rees decide to do a deal with the Malaysians to have the Arena in a glorified shed at Filton, there was. grant of £55 million was earmarked for Arena island the Mayor wanted to use it towards transport at Filton was was told it’s not allowed. The money is still there to be used  around the area Temple Meads Arena Island etc, I hope no shady deals are being made, so there could be so truth behind funding and helping the travellers settle around that area. Unless we make a bit of noise about favouritism and nip it in the bud.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, icamanicity said:

Going back to the Bristol Arena before  Mayor Gashead Rees decide to do a deal with the Malaysians to have the Arena in a glorified shed at Filton, there was. grant of £55 million was earmarked for Arena island the Mayor wanted to use it towards transport at Filton was was told it’s not allowed. The money is still there to be used  around the area Temple Meads Arena Island etc, I hope no shady deals are being made, so there could be so truth behind funding and helping the travellers settle around that area. Unless we make a bit of noise about favouritism and nip it in the bud.

I believe there is something untoward occurring and trust that someone with appropriate resources will thoroughly check to ensure that any concerns are satisfied.

Cue Bristol Sport stalkers get this to Mr Lansdown !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

I think its ideal for them. the feeder reeks on a hot day,the river even more. with one on either side, a nice hot sunny Saturday will provide a fitting aroma to their football

is the fish place down there still? that used to stink too

Add in the 6/7k Fewers who stink of piss, and then you get a very potent mix.

• Haha 4

• Admin

I really can’t be arsed to go onto their inward looking and deluded forum, but some of the posts copied onto here are gobsmacking, should some of those people be loose in the community?  They really are the people fake news is aimed at and they lap it up, I am shaking my head here in disbelief at the levels of delusion and propaganda belief.

Still, I will look forward to this latest pipe dream to come tumbling down, the realisation start to dawn that they have been shafted, yet again and then wait for the next farce to start, as it surely will.  That said, whilst it is enjoyable watching this fantasy unfold, I wouldn’t miss the continual showering of comical gifts, should they finally succumb and go to the wall - I hope it happens in my lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1

Tinpottery of the highest order:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-kit-2020-3186883

This quote, mind:

“The kit has definitely been one of the most popular that I have been involved with during my time in football. So we will be delighted to thank Dan for his input by presenting him with a signed shirt and a pasty at the first game of the season.”

The conversation between the pair used the term "pie" and "pasty" interchangeably, which is an accurate use of the terms according to Matthew O’Callaghan, chairman of the British Pie Awards and Melton Mowbray Pork Pie Association, who in 2016 was forced to address the issue after awarding a pasty the coveted top award at the British Pie Awards,

He said: “I know many will be surprised to see a pasty winning the British Pie Awards, but the definition of a pie is a filling totally encased in pastry.

“Pies come in all shapes including round pies, square pies and pasties. A pasty is simply a subsection of a pie."

? 

Edited by Oops
Added Pasty definition

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

A rovers fan has won a pasty after inspiring the design of this seasons shirt, based on the shirt the wore 30 years ago when they won the Third Division.  Wow, what a design https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-kit-2020-3186883

Which they charged him for.

#Tinpot

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

my god, no wonder they haven't announce an away kit, their regular designer won't work for savory snacks

Could the delay be down to the fact that like other less savoury products sold by the club the shirt was already past it's sell by date!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chucky said:

A rovers fan has won a pasty after inspiring the design of this seasons shirt, based on the shirt the wore 30 years ago when they won the Third Division.  Wow, what a design https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-kit-2020-3186883

Won a pasty?! Hardly a prize.....was there only one entrant?