IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I don't know why we should panic even it was a viable proposition which it obviously isn't.

A very brief scan of the figures reveals that.

Seems to me that this consortium is after a valuable piece of land for development and it aint the Fruit Market.

Best of luck with that Pikeys :sub:

White knights or total shites. With the gas , I suspect the latter.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Well that didn’t take long did it, coming for us again, don’t know about anyone else but I’m absolutely shitting it at the thought of them coming for us (again, and again, and again)

Sagchat...

I bet One Turd In Bristol has lit up like a ******* Christmas tree with panicking shitheads with all this going on!

???  What a w4nker

I suspect the only coming they will be doing is the collective knocking one out over this 'news' - the umpteenth time they've harped on about a new stadium and still nothing

According to one Sag, Wally could well be in abit of bother for leaking their latest pie in the sky deal, makes it sound like some sort Mafia Ganster shit going on...

They are a club like no other ??

“We have VIPs flying in from overseas tonight intent on saving the deal. It may be too late, and if so, he should leave this Country. “

Quoting my source. 

Up to you whether you believe it or not. I’m waiting to see how true it is.

Edited by BCFC11

Good old Wally - the whole fruit market has absolutely nothing to do with him at all, but well done for finally revealing something to everyone without the "these things take time" copyrighted catchphrase.

They are quite far along in the talks with the council though, I just hope he hasn't alerted any big property developers who could build quite a few houses on there, seeing as we have a massive issue with the lack of housing...... Come on Wimpey, Barratt, Persimmons, Redrow go and make an offer.....

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, I'm sure Ed Ware will be involved. His missus is a property barrister, not a developer though. 

I have to say on the face of it the project seems viable and Rovers will be better off without the useless Wael and co.

But the Council is surely compelled to act in the best interests of the ratepayers of Bristol as a whole and if the owners of the market don't elect to sell or demand an excessive price surely the ombudsman would be called in firstly if bcc abused it's powers by a cpo and secondly by syphoning money intended for the infrastructure around temple quarter/arena area towards making a new stadium accessible for a club that already owns a stadium too large for its average attendances the past 40 years.

I hope that this gets a rough ride and the gas *** Rees is exposed for what he is. Hopefully he will explain his relationship with the Filton arena site.

• Like 1

If the Council give this the OK then something very dodgy will have gone on. The more you look at it the less viable it appears. Terrible position with little in the way of transport links. There is an ambition to make the City carbon neutral so why would they consider a project that will attract more people and more traffic into the centre of town. It's not just the football, any large stadium built would also have to double up as an arena to be financially viable, is there really a call for another stadium for large events? Is there need for more conference space? Are offices really the future of business? 
All those questions and more should stop this project at the pre-planning stage, The family don't care whether it's possible, they will get their money back (probably just about) and the new owners will take the flak when it all falls to pieces.

12 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I hope that this gets a rough ride and the gas *** Rees is exposed for what he is. Hopefully he will explain his relationship with the Filton arena site.

He won't come out and explain anything at all, the bloke is a clueless, useless buffoon imo. Hope he gets put under some serious pressure though about the whole situation.

21 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Sagchat...

I bet One Turd In Bristol has lit up like a ******* Christmas tree with panicking shitheads with all this going on! 

Probably referring to the Balloon Fiesta and loads of happy Reds enjoying a glass or two of cider, a nice picnic with family and friends at Ashton Court... 

No doubt 'predictive text' scuppered his post and altered 'picnicking' to 'panicking'  no worries Mr Gashead, we knew what you meant, predictive text messes with the best of us sometimes..

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You'd think with all these masterplans being clarks pie in the sky, that they'd have a bit more scepticism about the fruit market. But they seem convinced that this is the one. Idiots. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, myol'man said:

Bristol Post drops the dead donkey.

Local hack   "boss, I've got a lead on another R*vers stadium, smells like BS, or rotten fruit :laugh:"

Editor "run it on the front page, those deluded gas heads will lap it up for days"

...smells like BS ?  what does Bristol Sport smell of by the way?  

Filthy Lucre ?? 

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, I'm sure Ed Ware will be involved. His missus is a property barrister, not a developer though. 

I have to say on the face of it the project seems viable and Rovers will be better off without the useless Wael and co.

I seem to recall they were claiming on Sagchat that a takeover was imminent last October. Naturally nothing happened.

I sometimes wonder if these things are invented to distract the deluded fans from the reality of their position. Not that they seem to recognise it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

The whole fruit market thing is nothing more than a excuse not to spend any serious money on redeveloping the mem.

In other news, first home game of the season tomorrow.  I’m predicting about 1,000 from Wycombe and about 8,000 fewers. 

Good chance of it being called off I would have thought with all those temporary structures around the place.

• Haha 4

The site is awful, there is already a cinema with ample parking (shops, take outs etc), the Temple Meads site nearby is about to get hotels and conference centre/s. It's not close enough to traffic links to be practically useful, but close enough that the expense of closing such a busy route down to extend / improve links might not seem costs effective. Worse, does the city need more offices or another large multi use stadium ( Ashton Gate, the new Flyers venue, Colston Hall, New Filton arena) I just cannot see the demand.

What the City needs is housing and this site surely would be more profitable for the owners if they sold it to a housing company (if they want to sell at all).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I did say she was a real property expert, not a developer. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The consortium consists of Peter risdale,

Kyle oyston and Vladimir antonov 

Very reputable businessmen then, bound to work well with our current Mayor. I did hear that a Mr A Hitler might be a sleeping director.

Edited by Rich
addition

How would you describe a person that drives a very small car, with a very small rear windscreen? Add to that, the person then obliterates the rear view by sticking a giant sticker (350mm diameter) dead centre of the rear window. I'll let you guess what that sticker was.

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

How would you describe a person that drives a very small car, with a very small rear windscreen? Add to that, the person then obliterates the rear view by sticking a giant sticker (350mm diameter) dead centre of the rear window. I'll let you guess what that sticker was.

Stop me and buy one?

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

The consortium consists of Peter risdale,

Kyle oyston and Vladimir antonov 

Well, Ali Durden did say on PW that the consortium were `property acquisition based` but made pains to add that there would be `a significant football presence` involved.

So, a group of property developers headed up by Peter Ridsdale it is then.

What could possibly go wrong?

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, Ali Durden did say on PW that the consortium were `property acquisition based` but made pains to add that there would be `a significant football presence` involved.

So, a group of property developers headed up by Peter Ridsdale it is then.

What could possibly go wrong?

I don't think anything will go wrong from the developers point of view.

Buying out the Al Qadis will give them the Mem to develop - they won't be bothered about the football club.

The fruit market, if obtained, which is very doubtful, will be developed for housing, much more lucrative than running a tinpot little football club. 

End game is getting close for the deluded few and the idiots don't realise it.

Not long now Pikeys :sub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

If you can read this I’ve lost my caravan ?

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I don't think anything will go wrong from the developers point of view.

Buying out the Al Qadis will give them the Mem to develop - they won't be bothered about the football club.

The fruit market, if obtained, which is very doubtful, will be developed for housing, much more lucrative than running a tinpot little football club. 

End game is getting close for the deluded few and the idiots don't realise it.

Not long now Pikeys :sub:

Oh absolutely. It`s all about the land and FTG, no-one cares about them. This `takeover` is nothing more than a way in to enable prime land to be acquired for housing.

They`ll share with Bath for a couple of years and then go bust.

Loved Ali making the point they were losing 250k a month too!

The deluded ones will lap it up as usual though - cue `we`ve got our stadium` ringing out over Horfield again.

Edited by Red Right Hand