IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Wally's missing a trick here. All he needs to do is produce an "artist's impression" of an imagined new stadium. 

History has shown us that this will keep the gullible fewers happy for at least five years. 

I believe one more would be enough to produce a calendar, which could be sold in their club shop and double current revenue streams. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Wally's missing a trick here. All he needs to do is produce an "artist's impression" of an imagined new stadium. 

History has shown us that this will keep the gullible fewers happy for at least five years. 

I believe one more would be enough to produce a calendar, which could be sold in their club shop and double current revenue streams. 

He already has.......

Image result for lego football stadium

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Oh absolutely. It`s all about the land and FTG, no-one cares about them. This `takeover` is nothing more than a way in to enable prime land to be acquired for housing.

They`ll share with Bath for a couple of years and then go bust.

Loved Ali making the point they were losing 250k a month too!

The deluded ones will lap it up as usual though - cue `we`ve got our stadium` ringing out over Horfield again.

There is defo some mileage from what I have been told in the stadium, they basically have the council on board for it as it stands - now they still have to submit plans and get past objections, and more importantly buy the land etc. I will still only believe it when a brick gets laid....

But the 250k losses per month is surely a huge point. Why would anyone (ie unless a Billionaire fan) want to get involved with a club losing that amount, when at the moment they have no way of basically cutting it? If they sell the Mem to help fund anything they will have to move elsewhere, and their crowds will fall even lower and they will be losing even more per week/month/year etc. I just don't get why a Consortium would want to buy them out at all. Surely there is more money just purchasing the Fruit Market and plan for housing and build and sell them. Why fork out millions in losses per year for a football club that is already 20 million in debt - surely not just for the land at the Mem?

Hello to all you Pikey Shithouses popping over to have a gander ✊?✊?✊?, the only nonsense going around at the moment is yet ANOTHER pie in the sky stadium story coming out of your club, when will it finally get through those thick heads of yours that your shitty little club feed you these fantasies every so often to shut you up for a while, usually for 6months and repeat, knowing full well you’ll believe whatever they come out with. Your club through various owners have had you mongs on strings for years yet can’t see shit from the trees. THAT is why this thread is so long you provide endless tinpot entertainment daily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out it all comes again :facepalm:

There is something about our club that gets to some that follow BCFC. - ‘Gets to some’ not quite Saggie, the reason we continue to talk and take the piss out of you is for posts exactly like this. So deluded it’s unbelievable.

We are the oldest,thus Bristol's club - Bristol’s club are you now? Well what an absolute embarrassment to the City you are, for the Oldest club you have ONE trophy in 130 YEARS to your name, Bristols club ? tosspot. We have charactor, what’s a charactor? a modest yet very honest history. - ?? modest and honest?? Are you for real?? Your history is truly atrocious and as for honest that’s just laughable just off the top of my head we have, 2 of your games mysteriously postponed before big games the next week, shitting on Bristol RFC, trying to steal AG in 82, then trying to get Wycombe relegated to Non League by saying they cheated. Honest?? No a ******* chance.stand out kit - Correct here, look like a bunch of jesters and historic club song - wrong again you stole that aswell. Unique club nicknames - unique?? ?? years old City fans used it in derogatory terms to describe Rovers fans, yet you mongs thought it was worthy of a Nickname! As for Pirates apart from living up to that nickname with your history of stealing things I find it emabarrssing tbh, especially when you see grown men dressed up as a pirate down the dump.People Know Bristol Rovers are even if we are sh**! - Correction * they only know you because you are shit.

City have nothing to offer apart from money and a Francise arena. - So how do you fund a football club nowadays without money? You clearly wouldn’t know cos you ain’t got a pot to p!ss in, so I’ll explain; transfers is where one club purchases another clubs player by the way of paying a fee for their services, sometimes players have what they call a release clause where if a club matches that clause they are free to talk to the club, Matty Taylor for example £300k! THREE HUNDRED GRAND!!!! Then it comes down to wages, something you lot would know a lot about this summer, 2 players leaving you for more money yet dropping down to L2! More recently Cockman in the press saying how hed been chasing Leon Clarke only to find out he’s on 4 times the amount your poxy outfit could offer!!

As for your ‘franchise’ gag, for the umpteenth time, I’d suggest you search what a franchise actually is, think you’ll find that you are more of a franchise than we’ve ever been, we’ve always remained at AG but remember you fecked off to Bath for 10 years? 

FTG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Out it all comes again :facepalm:

There is something about our club that gets to some that follow BCFC. - ‘Gets to some’ not quite Saggie, the reason we continue to talk and take the piss out of you is for posts exactly like this. So deluded it’s unbelievable.

We are the oldest,thus Bristol's club - Bristol’s club are you now? Well what an absolute embarrassment to the City you are, for the Oldest club you have ONE trophy in 130 YEARS to your name, Bristols club ? tosspot. We have charactor, what’s a charactor? a modest yet very honest history. - ?? modest and honest?? Are you for real?? Your history is truly atrocious and as for honest that’s just laughable just off the top of my head we have, 2 of your games mysteriously postponed before big games the next week, shitting on Bristol RFC, trying to steal AG in 82, then trying to get Wycombe relegated to Non League by saying they cheated. Honest?? No a ******* chance.stand out kit - Correct here, look like a bunch of jesters and historic club song - wrong again you stole that aswell. Unique club nicknames - unique?? ?? years old City fans used it in derogatory terms to describe Rovers fans, yet you mongs thought it was worthy of a Nickname! As for Pirates apart from living up to that nickname with your history of stealing things I find it emabarrssing tbh, especially when you see grown men dressed up as a pirate down the dump.People Know Bristol Rovers are even if we are sh**! - Correction * they only know you because you are shit.

City have nothing to offer apart from money and a Francise arena. - So how do you fund a football club nowadays without money? You clearly wouldn’t know cos you ain’t got a pot to p!ss in, so I’ll explain; transfers is where one club purchases another clubs player by the way of paying a fee for their services, sometimes players have what they call a release clause where if a club matches that clause they are free to talk to the club, Matty Taylor for example £300k! THREE HUNDRED GRAND!!!! Then it comes down to wages, something you lot would know a lot about this summer, 2 players leaving you for more money yet dropping down to L2! More recently Cockman in the press saying how hed been chasing Leon Clarke only to find out he’s on 4 times the amount your poxy outfit could offer!!

As for your ‘franchise’ gag, for the umpteenth time, I’d suggest you search what a franchise actually is, think you’ll find that you are more of a franchise than we’ve ever been, we’ve always remained at AG but remember you fecked off to Bath for 10 years? 

FTG

Just out of interest, what do you think a franchise is then?

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I know exactly what a franchise is thank you and part of it is relocating elsewhere.

Not really no. I think Bristol Sport would describe themselves as a franchise though. I have heard Rovers fans using it as a term to insult City, but I didn't realise anyone took offence at it- if I was you I'd keep that quiet!

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Not really no. I think Bristol Sport would describe themselves as a franchise though. I have heard Rovers fans using it as a term to insult City, but I didn't realise anyone took offence at it- if I was you I'd keep that quiet!

Bristol Sport is ultimately owned by one company so is impossible to be a franchise. 

• Like 3

Educated people (whether they are in favour or otherwise) understand the purpose of Bristol Sport and that Steve Lansdown has owned the club for a considerable time. He is an astute businessman and sees his current structure as best for the club and for sport in general for the whole city. 

This structure is about maximising the viability of all sports and saving money where possible. 

The fruits of this are now being seen (see list of current players compared to a few seasons ago, see attendances etc). We still have a single, Bristolian, owner. The word "consortium is nowhere in sight. That's the ugly word. 

Now, let's be clear. Rovers fans couldn't care less who owned them and and what basis (see current situation and that of the last 5 years). 

Its quite laughable they criticise a local fan and businessman owning their rivals, whatever the financial setup. They're excited about a consortium and they don't even know who sits within it ffs. 

Rovers' ownership structure has nothing to be envied whatsoever.

Edited by CotswoldRed
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Just out of interest, what do you think a franchise is then?

The business definition of a Franchise

Arrangement where one party (the franchiser) grants another party (the franchisee) the right to use its trademark or trade-name as well as certain business systems and processes, to produce and market a good or service according to certain specifications. The franchisee usually pays a one-time franchise fee plus a percentage of sales revenue as royalty, and gains (1) immediate name recognition, (2) tried and tested products, (3) standard building design and décor, (4) detailed techniques in running and promoting the business, (5) training of employees, and (6) ongoing help in promoting and upgrading of the products.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/franchising.html

If we were a franchise then there would be lots of little Bristol City's popping up around the country. If we are anything we are a "Conglomerate" a group of disparate businesses operating under one banner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

Bristol Sport is ultimately owned by one company so is impossible to be a franchise. 

Okay, it's the component parts of Bristol Sport that could be described as such then, in fact I think I have even heard Lansdown describe them as such (albeit things like the basketball) City may or may not be a franchise, and if I were a City fan, I probably wouldn't give two ***** whether they are or not. However, if calling City fans 'Franchise' is known to annoy some City fans, I'm sure you will hear a lot more of it!

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The business definition of a Franchise

Arrangement where one party (the franchiser) grants another party (the franchisee) the right to use its trademark or trade-name as well as certain business systems and processes, to produce and market a good or service according to certain specifications. The franchisee usually pays a one-time franchise fee plus a percentage of sales revenue as royalty, and gains (1) immediate name recognition, (2) tried and tested products, (3) standard building design and décor, (4) detailed techniques in running and promoting the business, (5) training of employees, and (6) ongoing help in promoting and upgrading of the products.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/franchising.html

If we were a franchise then there would be lots of little Bristol City's popping up around the country. If we are anything we are a "Conglomerate" a group of disparate businesses operating under one banner.

But franchise is easier for them to spell PSR ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

...I have even heard Lansdown describe them as such (albeit things like the basketball)...

It's almost like the BBL is operated on a franchise model...

"Firstly, the BBL is based on franchises, similar to the US system in sport. There is no promotion and relegation between the BBL and EBL and NBL clubs cannot join the BBL based on their performances in official competition alone. However, NBL clubs and any other organisations can apply for a franchise from BBL." http://www.bbl.org.uk/faq/

12 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's almost like the BBL is operated on a franchise model...

"Firstly, the BBL is based on franchises, similar to the US system in sport. There is no promotion and relegation between the BBL and EBL and NBL clubs cannot join the BBL based on their performances in official competition alone. However, NBL clubs and any other organisations can apply for a franchise from BBL." http://www.bbl.org.uk/faq/

Yuck

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

However, if calling City fans 'Franchise' is known to annoy some City fans, I'm sure you will hear a lot more of it!

Which just about sums your sad little lot out.......you have nothing on us so can only resort to playground name-calling.

carry on mate, call us what you like.....but you know deep down you are all jealous to the pit of your stomach, desperate to be “better than the shit”......it’s been the same for 30 years. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Okay, it's the component parts of Bristol Sport that could be described as such then, in fact I think I have even heard Lansdown describe them as such (albeit things like the basketball) City may or may not be a franchise, and if I were a City fan, I probably wouldn't give two ***** whether they are or not. However, if calling City fans 'Franchise' is known to annoy some City fans, I'm sure you will hear a lot more of it!

Miah, 99% of us on here enjoy the ‘bants’ with you, please do not stop. 

Everyone else, Rovers are technically incorrect as BCFC is clearly NOT a franchise, but Rovers are not ACTUALLY Gypsies, sister sha&&ers, inbred etc etc. 

If a same town rival finds a name that irritates t’other lot they use it. How to take it’s power away is to appropriate it. ‘Gas’ was originally our insult to them but it has no power because they adopted it. Likewise them calling us ‘the shit’ doesn’t work. 

Suggest we get past the ‘but we aren’t actually a franchise’ stage and move swiftly onto the ‘whatever’ stage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think it's considered an insult because in football it is associated with the MK Dons and all that story entailed. Nobody would like to lumped in with that travesty of a football club and we are clearly nothing like them, Of the two clubs in Bristol which one had moved the most in it's history?

14 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I don’t think they have done their homework on the fruit market 

as just out side there is a ransom strip

so to knock down the market and rebuild 

without  buying the strip can not be done 

and to answer any questions 

i am not selling it

It seems too close to City territory anyway

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

I don’t think they have done their homework on the fruit market 

as just out side there is a ransom strip

so to knock down the market and rebuild