IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

If I was a Gas Head I would be asking what the Consortium is planning regarding the development at the ‘Colony’?

There should be no planning issues holding up the works at this site and as they are on a rolling tenancy at their current hovel, surely if they are genuinely investing in BRFC, then this should surely be their first capital spend? 

I wonder why nothing has been mentioned?

Edited by red'tili'mdead

27 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Gotta chuckle at the 'big' screen.

Take away the big screen and this could be a picture from any non-league game -There is  No crowd or stands, the houses in background are clearly on view etc, mostly what you can see is just some hoardings and a bunch of players and staff milling about.

16 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Okay, it's the component parts of Bristol Sport that could be described as such then, in fact I think I have even heard Lansdown describe them as such (albeit things like the basketball) City may or may not be a franchise, and if I were a City fan, I probably wouldn't give two ***** whether they are or not. However, if calling City fans 'Franchise' is known to annoy some City fans, I'm sure you will hear a lot more of it!

Franchise doesn't annoy me, but tinpot annoys the sags though.

I think your average sag gets the word franchise mixed up with the word envy, THAT is clearly evident.

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The only figures that matter are the end of season average for the whole campaign. To the best of my knowledge they haven’t bettered our away support figures this century and certainly not since 2012.

There is no challenge, Gasheads saying they have better away support than us are talking bollocks and the statistics prove this.

They will take over 2000 next week but then they’ve only visited St Andrew’s twice in the last 25 years. Like their trips in the cup to places like Molineux the novelty factor will bump up there attendance for this game. Then it’ll be back to the usual 400-500 for the trips to grounds they visit every season.

I bet we don't!

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I bet we don't!

Oh you will.

Saturday afternoon trip to St Andrews for the first time since 1994...I’d bet my mortgage that the away following will be way over 2k. 

After the game quite a few of your fellow Sags will be all over social media proclaiming that the Gas have the best away support in the land...

Lies like “we take more than THE SHIT everywhere we go...”

and my favourite...”our away support is really speshul, we take 40% of our home support to away games, no one can match that

....whilst ignoring that the whole ‘away support to home support’ ratio thing only shows how poor the home support is.

• Like 2

On a different note I see the losers on slagchat have got wind of the rumour of Taylor to Oxford and quite a few want us to loan him to them.

For those of you from slagchat reading this (and we know you do), it won't happen because your owner publicly stated you would not do business with us again after Taylor signed for us. Well done Wally, you shot yourself in the foot. You want a creative midfielder? You could have had Morrell (see how he is doing at Lincoln).

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh you will.

Saturday afternoon trip to St Andrews for the first time since 1994...I’d bet my mortgage that the away following will be way over 2k. 

After the game quite a few of your fellow Sags will be all over social media proclaiming that the Gas have the best away support in the land...

Lies like “we take more than THE SHIT everywhere we go...”

and my favourite...”our away support is really speshul, we take 40% of our home support to away games, no one can match that

....whilst ignoring that the whole ‘away support to home support’ ratio thing only shows how poor the home support is.

I'll have a tenner with you we don't.

17 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The only figures that matter are the end of season average for the whole campaign. To the best of my knowledge they haven’t bettered our away support figures this century and certainly not since 2012.

There is no challenge, Gasheads saying they have better away support than us are talking bollocks and the statistics prove this.

They will take over 2000 next week but then they’ve only visited St Andrew’s twice in the last 25 years. Like their trips in the cup to places like Molineux the novelty factor will bump up there attendance for this game. Then it’ll be back to the usual 400-500 for the trips to grounds they visit every season.

I doubt they will.

They might had it been a cup game against Brum, as that would be a big day out for them. But it's only a league game against Cov so nothing special.