IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh you will.

Saturday afternoon trip to St Andrews for the first time since 1994...I’d bet my mortgage that the away following will be way over 2k. 

After the game quite a few of your fellow Sags will be all over social media proclaiming that the Gas have the best away support in the land...

Lies like “we take more than THE SHIT everywhere we go...”

and my favourite...”our away support is really speshul, we take 40% of our home support to away games, no one can match that

....whilst ignoring that the whole ‘away support to home support’ ratio thing only shows how poor the home support is.

In fairness, 40% of **** all is a small number....

21 hours ago, Malago said:

They’re away to Coventry next week at St Andrews.  So the challenge is on.  Will they take more than we did today.  Their bollocks about having a greater away support than us is finally on the line.

That is a massive day out for them. I’d fully expect them to easily take more that 2k to it. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bert tann said:

Rovers’ CEO (don’t titter) Martyn Starnes may be gardening next week.

Not good weather for gardening. 

I wonder if there has been a leak or two and someone needs to plug the hole in the garden?

Strange situation really. Wally knows people want to buy him out. Fruit market owners know someone wants to buy the site. Both situations are not conducive to negotiating a reasonable price for either purchase. If this is a consortium, then it's because they've had to pool resources, so that info being made public won't help the cause. Any relocation of the tenants of the fruit market must be acceptable to them and people affected by where that site is. Any application for a stadium will obviously be met by opposition from local groups about traffic impact, environmental impact, noise, light, hooliganism. Any application for demolition and over development of the rugby ground site will be met with opposition, about over development, noise, dirt, extra vehicle movements.

Personally I think it's a good place for a stadium, as Temple Meads was for an arena. Transport options are already in place for buses and trains and there's an almost direct link from the M32. Lots of hurdles to cross yet, not least keeping the cost down and having the funding, which the council will have to make sure of with any large venture/proposal. The council originally decided there would be no parking for an arena but, this proposal will be for nearly double the capacity of that plan and must prove it's able to cope with that capacity and it's impact on the surrounding areas which will be extensive when at capacity, if and when bigger teams go there, or there's a local derby verses FGR, Bath City, Manor Farm or the mighty Mango's. 

5 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

On a different note I see the losers on slagchat have got wind of the rumour of Taylor to Oxford and quite a few want us to loan him to them.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14840/snake

Linked with Oxford loan move. We play Oxford at home in 2 weeks...

If he signs for Oxford, that’s 3 points for them in the bag because you just know that he’ll score the winner at the Mem.

I ended up in Downend earlier to meet an old mate and we had a pint in the Downend Tavern.

I never realised it was a Gas pub but the couple of Rovers related pictures on the wall and the state of the clientele gave it away.

We made a break for the Horseshoe after one pint, it was bloody depressing in the Tavern. 

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I ended up in Downend earlier to meet an old mate and we had a pint in the Downend Tavern.

I never realised it was a Gas pub but the couple of Rovers related pictures on the wall and the state of the clientele gave it away.

We made a break for the Horseshoe after one pint, it was bloody depressing in the Tavern. 

really ?   never used to be, haven't been in there for a few years mind,used to be more egg chasing .

43 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14840/snake

Linked with Oxford loan move. We play Oxford at home in 2 weeks...

If he signs for Oxford, that’s 3 points for them in the bag because you just know that he’ll score the winner at the Mem.

Wasn’t a Matty Taylor winner for them, about the last time that they celebrated a home win..? 

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Suggest you keep the money and put it towards a new player and, don’t forget, you’ll still get some change!

Get some change? Surely he won't even have to break into the note....

I see one of the highlights of yesterday for them was the debut of the big screen. One of them thought that having the players` pictures up when the team was read out was a `nice touch`.

The next post says that the person posting couldn`t see the screen as some of the scaffolding supporting one of the tents got in the way.

#comingforus

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I see one of the highlights of yesterday for them was the debut of the big screen. One of them thought that having the players` pictures up when the team was read out was a `nice touch`.

The next post says that the person posting couldn`t see the screen as some of the scaffolding supporting one of the tents got in the way.

#comingforus

Just as well Sinclair's gone to Warsaw then. A 20 foot high shot of his mug would be enough to make the villagers scream and run, spoil the ham and turn the milk sour (or should that be Fanta?)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Yep sadly been tarnished in this way for quite a few years now and Sunday afternoon is a big occasion for the donkey dunkers