IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I see the excuse for the sub-10000 crowd on Saturday was the fact that POTD attendees had to buy tickets at the ticket office portakabin rather than cash on the turnstiles. Must have been so confusing for the poor dears.

Balloon festival must have had a major impact too....

14 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I see the excuse for the sub-10000 crowd on Saturday was the fact that POTD attendees had to buy tickets at the ticket office portakabin rather than cash on the turnstiles. Must have been so confusing for the poor dears.

The implication being that people made the effort to get to the ground, but then when they tried to pay with cash on the turnstile and we're told that they needed to visit the ticket office,  they just simply gave up and went home instead... Yep, totally plausable reason for an abysmal attendance.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Bless 'em. They are having a right ole problem getting their supporters to embrace they way of the world.

At some point, one of them will recognise that their club is serving up a crap product in an equally crap stadium.

Dare say it won't be long before they notice things like the Bears selling an increase in season ticket sales not too dissimilar to their drop in sales, or that the basketball seems to sell out every week as well.

We all laugh at Wally and his 2 year/takeover/fruit market plan, but if he doesn't get that club sold and new people in with genuine money to spend, they are only going in one direction; and that ain't up.

Just need Bristol Sport to get some shuttle busses from Gloucester Road to the Gate for the football like they have done for the rugby previously and kids with no allegiance will be flocking to BS3 and the Fewers will lose another generation of fans - just like when they went to Bath.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We all laugh at Wally and his 2 year/takeover/fruit market plan, but if he doesn't get that club sold and new people in with genuine money to spend, they are only going in one direction; and that ain't up.

They're at a crossroads. The Jordanians have no inclination to take them forward and aren't going to invest in the training ground let alone a new stadium or a playing budget required to get them promotion. 

The takeover seems imminent and even if this one doesn't materialise I'd be very surprised if Wael & co are still in charge come this time next year. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The implication being that people made the effort to get to the ground, but then when they tried to pay with cash on the turnstile and we're told that they needed to visit the ticket office,  they just simply gave up and went home instead... Yep, totally plausable reason for an abysmal attendance.

Sub 8,000 actually.

Sorry pedant alert but needed saying ??

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They're at a crossroads. The Jordanians have no inclination to take them forward and aren't going to invest in the training ground let alone a new stadium or a playing budget required to get them promotion. 

The takeover seems imminent and even if this one doesn't materialise I'd be very surprised if Wael & co are still in charge come this time next year. 

Not going to happen 

As weal wants to keep a loge percent of club 

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If you need cheering up, have a read of this thread (about the low crowd and reasons why it was low) comedy gold!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14848/attendance-shoot-foot?page=1

Love the bit about 10-15% drop in racecourse attendance because you're unable to pay at the turnstile....

Well I'm a regular racegoer and whilst crowds are slightly down the problem signally identified by the racing industry is advance ticket sales are pretty much non-existent compared with other sports. Most footfall is people punting up on the day and paying, er, by cash or card at the entrance..... 

Wonder what excuse they'll come up with next time?

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Hahaha, their fanbase are proper hardcore aren’t they? ?

Bike races, European football on TV and now this.

I can imagine loads of them shuffling back along Filton Ave once they found out that they could no longer walk straight up to the turnstile and empty the shrapnel out of their piss stinking pockets on to the counter.

Shit excuse for such a poor attendance.

I think the real reason is that their fans aren’t as great or as loyal as they think they are....

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

14 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

How many years is it since we could pay with cash at the turnstile at the Gate? Am I right in thinking it was abolished by Scott Davidson in around 1996? 

During that time our crowds have tripled, so even they must realise it’s a lame excuse. 

they have a book full of excuses not to attend - off the top of my head the ones I've seen over the years:  crap football, no Row M, too cold, Balloon Fiesta, Cycle Race, Ted's in the away stand, etc etc etc.  Why not just admit you have shite support.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

they have a book full of excuses not to attend - off the top of my head the ones I've seen over the years:  crap football, no Row M, too cold, Balloon Fiesta, Cycle Race, Ted's in the away stand, etc etc etc.  Why not just admit you have shite support.

To be fair, Row M was a genuine excuse...

20 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

That can't be right?

Oh yeah.....

'We're r*vers supporters

We're faithful and true

We always follow the boys in blue -  unless we're shit, there's crap football, have to pay to get in, no Row M, too cold, Balloon Fiesta, Cycle Race, Ted's in the away stand, etc etc etc'.

I had never noticed the real words to their stolen song. ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1